75 thoughts on “Weekend question”

1. Truth rules. If those that learn it is a baby
    Learn it is murder and learn it tortures the baby before it dies think about abortion, it comes to them that it is wrong. It is nearly impossibe for some one that understand it to be a live baby to one day think it is not. To one day start thinking it is not killing.
    Kinda like shooting a gun and one day thinking those were not bullets. At least they were not bullets till they left the gun barrel.

2. In no particular order:
    Oh, and God.

3. People have started talking about this subject, I just had a friend ask me what a “fetus” looked liked. I think people are getting curious about what is going on.

4. Waiting until I see a correlation between these polls and the actual numbers of abortions we see, or if it translates into legislation with actual teeth.
    Jasper’s quote from Obama aide Melody Barnes, essentially indicates that reducing abortions because it might harm women is not even in the plans of the administration. Abortion to them is simply a means of funneling money to political power.

5. Abortion cannot stand the light of day.
    That is why they insist on the “pro-choice” label.
    When little Johnny asks what “pro-choice” means, Ms. Proabort can say it means women should be allowed to choose if they want to have a baby and not be force, which sounds okay to someone who has no idea what is going on.
    When little Johnny asks what abortion is, Ms. Proabort has to dance all around the skull crushing, arm ripping, gut wrenching details of the doctor invading mommy’s private parts and killing, dismembering, reassembling and trashing little baby brother or sister.
    Pro-aborts know that the light of day shown on the nuts and bolts of baby killing is a loser.
    That is why they insist that they are not promoting abortion, but they are against any attempt to stop it.

6. 2 Chronicles 7: 13-22
    13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.
    17 “As for you, if you walk before me as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws, 18 I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.’
    19 “But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, 20 then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. 21 And though this temple is now so imposing, all who pass by will be appalled and say, ‘Why has the LORD done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ 22 People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why he brought all this disaster on them.’ ”
    Pray, repent, seek his face, stand firm, contend for the faith, fight the good fight, persavere, and never give in to political correctness or wimp Churchianity.

7. Abortion cannot stand the light of day.
    That is why they insist on the “pro-choice” label.
    Posted by: hippie at May 23, 2009 9:56 AM
    ————————-
    hippie:
    I couldn’t resist editing your very poignant comment to this:
    Abortion cannot stand the light of day.
    That is why they insist on the “pro-choice” label.
    When little Suzie asks what “pro-choice” means, Hal can say it means women should be allowed to choose if they want to have a baby and not be force, which sounds okay to someone who has no idea what is going on.
    When little Suzie asks what abortion is, Hal has to dance all around the skull crushing, arm ripping, gut wrenching details of the doctor invading mommy’s private parts and killing, dismembering, reassembling and trashing little baby brother or sister.

8. These are such encouraging polls. I was on such a high, though, from the Dominican Republic’s stance on behalf of human rights that I haven’t been paying much attention to American laws, opinion, and campaigns. Hopefully this means that an end to Roe v. Wades is on the horizon. Then we won’t half to worry about its legality and reducing the demand for abortion, we can just focus our full attention on the latter.

9. There are two things going on with these polls. First, they are beginning to reflect what pro-lifers have known all along; namely, that the majority has pro-life sentiment. These polls reflect that to some degree, but still understate the pro-life position. Oftentimes the truth is skewed by agenda driven pollsters, but more and more people are beginning to see through the manipulations.
    Secondly, there is something to be said for prayer. Despite the overwhelming odds of an entrenched political establishment aligned against us at the highest levels, there is a discernable movement among people towards pro-life.

10. Recent polls have trended pro-life, some to historical highs.
    Questions:
    1) Why do you think this is happening?
    Public opinion is fickle and hardly a reliable gage on which to make accurate projections. (Ask Jesus about it. He rode into town on a donkey to exuberant expressions of popuar support and even praise. A few days He driven out of town and nailed on a cross, while being mocked and scorned by the same people.)
    2) Do you think this is a blip or trend?
    “Never count your money while you’re sittin at the table, there will be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done.”
    Whatever God has given you to do, do it with all your heart, mind and strength as working for the LORD. Pace yourself, the journey is long and the victory will not be to the swift.
    3) How can pro-lifers help maintain the trend?
    Suggest prolifers read the history of slavery in the United States and the anti-slavery movement and orient themselves to the probability of a centuries long struggle.
    Get used to the idea that you will not see pre-natal homicide re-crimenalized in your lifetime.
    Also get used to the concept that following the dictates of your conscience and God’s commands may result in confiscation of your property, imprisonment and even your death.
    These are the lessons to be learned from the anti-slavery movement in America.
    yor bro ken

11. Abortion is illegal in many muslim countries. They may start to outlaw it as they spread to Europe. Kind of poetic justice. Europe is being taken over because abortion caused their population to plummet and be taken over by those who loved their kids rather than killed them.

12. These polls are pretty much worthless since they don’t define what “pro-life” means. Many people who support legal abortion in some or all cases still consider themselves “pro-life” on the basis that even though they think abortion is morally wrong or undesirable it should still be legal.
    The very reputable FiveThirtyEight.com site offers some valuable insight into the value of these polls:

13. Ultrasound, Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, aging feminists, Priests for Life, and pro life blogs in general.
    Oh, and God.
    Posted by: carder at May 23, 2009 9:09 AM
    That sums it up nicely! I really think Barry has helped our cause. He energized the pro life movement like no one else ever has, and I believe people are becoming more educated and realize it’s a baby we are talking about and not a “blob of tissue” or “clump of cells.”
    Also countries such as Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Bangladesh, Columbia, Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Myanmar, Philippines.
    Many on this list are third world or countries not nearly as progressive as North America. However they know that abortion is killing a baby. Some of those bans have been quite recent so that may have had an impact as well.

14. Gingi mentions these same facts in her previous post on her blogsite…people are finally seeing what is going on, and taking notice of ‘what all the fuss is about’. I am constantly amazed at the look on a person’s face when I state the basic facts (and I’m no expert)…”by the time most girls/women find out they are pregnant, the heart is already beating”. People’s eyes widen in an ‘I had no idea!!’. Check out Gingi’s archives (since I think she’s already got a new story up). I can only pray that his (Obama’s) blatant disregard for human life will be an eye-opener to even his staunchest supporters!
    Suzi

15. Well if obama is successful at stripping the citizens of their freedom of speech and continues to appoint extreme pro-aborts to places of power, then it won’t really matter that a majority of the citizens are pro-life.
    obama is not only the most pro-abort president the US has ever had, he also has delusions of dicatatorial grandeur, and classifies any citizens who disagree with his radically pro-abort stance as ‘terrorists’…
    obama started acting immediately in delivering to the abortion industry what he promised them;
    yes the citizens who were conned into voting for obama are starting to see the truth partly because of his prompt actions revealing he was lying when he campaigned as a supposed ‘moderate’.
    But obama doesn’t care what those citizens think of him now – their usefullness to him for putting him into power is past tense. obama is acting VERY quickly to make sure that even if 99% of the citizens are pro-life, the citizens won’t have much ability to do anything about it as long as he stays in power.

16. I think that the election of BO (stench personified) and his unconscionable record of supporting and promoting genocide against the most vulnerable among us has provoked a reaction in the slumbering Church. The debates surrounding the Born Alive Infant Protection Act and partial birth abortion probably started the awakening process. BO is so evil, he has provoked many of us to righteousness indignation.
    I believe it is a trend.
    For it to continue, we need to continue to confront our culture, militantly and violently. Not with physical violence, but with spiritual violence. Recognizing that we are in a war and that the forces of darkness don’t respond to wimpy requests.
    “America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion.” Fr. Frank Pavone. Gregg Cunningham and CBR’s response at Notre Dame was strong and militant. We need to continue to keep these images front & center in America’s conscience.
    We all need to boldly carry the debate to those in our sphere of influence. I was on a rental car shuttle on the way to the San Francisco Airport this week with a guy who said he was flying to Madison, WI. I asked him if he worked at the University and he stated he was a psychiatrist there. We immediately began a dialogue about his medical center’s desire to perform 3rd trimester abortions that continued right to the terminal. I doubt I said anything to change evil heart, but plenty of people around us got an earful of the truth.
    Let’s get ’em! Those babies are worth it!

17. Keep up all the great work out there on the Wisconsin front Carla! Those ads WI RTL has been running are great, very thought-provoking.

18. Posted by: Devo at May 23, 2009 11:25 AM
    “Many people who support legal abortion in some or all cases still consider themselves “pro-life” on the basis that even though they think abortion is morally wrong or undesirable it should still be legal.”
    ——————————————————–
    devo-lution
    “Depends on what ‘your’ definition of the word ‘is’ is.” Bill Clinton
    ‘These people’ would include pbho and the willful ignorant who voted for him.
    pbho, says he is not just a christian, not just a devout christian, but a devout and committed christian.
    Calculated deceptive talk like that devalues the language.
    I am still waiting see a demonstration of the redeeming love of Jesus in pbho’ behavior.
    ‘These people’ are not the kind of folk I would look to for reliable support or to care for my goldfish while I was out of town.
    yor bro ken

19. Posted by: anon at May 23, 2009 12:23 PM
    Well said. He’s turned 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue into 1600 Planned Parenthood Parkway.
    And after. Can’t remember where I heard it or who said it, but I heard one of his ilk talking about his plan to build a framework of policy that will endure into future presidencies.
    God bless all you guys who are out there on the sidewalks and front lines battling this evil head-on. I tend to be more of a prayer warrior but I think it’s time to do more. Haven’t decided what yet.

20. Posted by: Chris Arsenault at May 23, 2009 12:42 PM
    “I had made the point before: it’s not in the interest of the Muslims to outlaw abortion, but to simply let it take it’s course on other cultures. They will use honor-killing and Sharia to keep Muslim women from aborting. The United Kingdom and France are discovering what this is doing to their populations and the resulting imbalance of cultures.”
    ——————————————————–
    Chris,
    Good point!
    Another glaring example of the ‘law of unintended consequences’ kicking in, as well as the ‘law of bitter irony’.
    Self serving humanists in a misguided and ill advised quest to preserve their ‘quality of life’ and save the planet have directly contributed to the loss of liberty, death and destruction of their children and grand children and have saddled them with the debt.
    yor bro ken

21. Fed Up,

22. Ed,
    Wisconsin Right to Life raised $15,000 when Jill came to speak!

23. I’m so happy to read about countries such as El Salvador and third world nations banning abortion. It really turns the stereotype that all anti-abortion activists are wealthy and, de facto, we don’t understand what we’re talking about right on its back.
    So, once abortion is made illegal (let’s be hopeful here, people), what will we all do? I mean, making it illegal doesn’t end abortion. I would like to campaign for an end to poverty- or keep campaigning, that is. What are everyone else’s plans?

24. To give credit where credit is due, I suspect that much of the recent surge in prolfe numbers is due to the election of a radically proabort president, and the accompanying controversy that has brought about. Of course, prolifers themselves are the ones stirring up the topic, so credit them too.
    Anytime the word abortion appears in the MSM, prolifers win. Proaborts win when we stay silent, or when we remain “polite and non-controversial”.
    This situation is a good one for us in the long run, as there is great temptation for many public figures to cave in and join the “President Abortion Bandwagon”. Before his term is done, we will have a clear picture of who the fakes and half hearted “lifers” are.

25. I wonder how many people who identify as “pro life” in these polls want the government to ban abortion.

26. There have been 24,380 unborn children that have been victimized by the likes of Hal, Bystander, Reality, Obama and all other pro-aborts since Obama’s speech last Sunday at Notre Dame.
    That’s Twenty-Four Thousand, Three Hundred Eighty innocent children killed at the hands of willing adults. This is despicable.
    At $600.00 per abortion, $12,804,480 has been collected just since last Sunday as blood money for these heinous acts of evil.
    That’s enough money to feed 1,892,211 poor children for a week. So, let’s not forget that money spent on abortion could have been spent for good and not evil. Abortion affects everyone for the worse. It is a curse on our land and our world.
    And good old Hal, count me in as for making abortion totally illegal and punishable by imprisonment as 1st Degree Murder. You’d see the number of abortions go to near zero.
    At the same time, for those women that do have challenging pregnancies, we the people, should help them at all costs through this difficult time.

27. His Man, that cost could be even higher than that. What a waste of money. A man peeled his tires by the abortion clinic this morning, and yelled out his window, “Kill them all!” “Kill them!” Some people have even yelled, “We love abortion!” I prefer to call it as I see it. Face it. These people are pro-death!

28. To keep the trend going, we need more media exposure, like the work of Lila Rose and Live Action Films in exposing corruption, and the public protests that have been occurring, like 40 Days For Life and the Notre Dame protest. Also, billboards and commercials telling the truth about abortion, and more and more women coming forward to tell their own stories–like Norma McCorvey, Gianna Jensen, and our won Jill Stanek!!! People will not investigate abortion–we have to reach THEM.

29. For each survey you neglected to post the margin of error and the sample size. Simple percentages are easy to take out of context.

30. 2/3rds of the country still doesn’t want Roe overturned.
    Posted by: reality at May 23, 2009 6:47 PM
    Where is the proof of that?

31. $15,000 Carla! That’s great!
    I might have to wait ’til next month to contribute. This month’s donation went to CBR.

32. Please give to your local crisis pregnancy centers or your state right to life group OR BOTH!! :)
    Posted by: Carla at May 23, 2009 3:36 PM
    I’ll second that. I met with my pastor a few days ago as he wants to start a pro life group in our church and have our church be a resource for the local pregnancy center, providing financial help as well as referrals.
    It’s appalling that governments pay to kill the babies, but give no money to these centers that save the babies and help the moms.

33. 2/3 of the nation has NO clue what abortion is if they don’t want Roe overturned. I betcha if they aired pictures of aborted children on television (like the movie Schindler’s List had disturbing images of the Holocaust) than there would be a large number of people who actually would be SHOCKED. Especially at the fact that a woman just weeks from her due date could abort for ANY reason (and yes, Tiller would do that for her, I’d bet).

34. Carla, Just do it! What better witness! “Mam, My name is Carla, and I my self had an abortion at this clinic.” Then you could share your own personal story with her! I’ll be praying for you, and better yet, I ask everyone on the sight, to pray for you as well! Carla, If God is for you, than who can be againest you? Standing with you, and your fellow soldier, RJ

35. How can pro-lifers help maintain the trend?
    Continue to put strong pressure on legislators, both State and Federal to increase restrictions on abortion and enforcement of those restrictions. Put pressure on abortionists to give comprehensive pre-abortion counseling to their patients and hold them liable for negligence if they fail to counsel properly on the possible side-effects of abortion, which may include, physical, emotional, spritual problems for the woman’s life in the future.

36. 2/3 of the nation has NO clue what abortion is if they don’t want Roe overturned. I betcha if they aired pictures of aborted children on television (like the movie Schindler’s List had disturbing images of the Holocaust) than there would be a large number of people who actually would be SHOCKED. Especially at the fact that a woman just weeks from her due date could abort for ANY reason (and yes, Tiller would do that for her, I’d bet).
    Posted by: LizFromNebraska at May 23, 2009 8:25 PM
    Liz, I agree. Many, many people need to be educated yet. “Reality” is just making stuff up again as usual anyway.
    And yes Tiller the Killer aborts at any stage, in fact he’s even admitted killing a baby right about at the mom’s due date.

37. Gallup poll from May, 2009
    abortion legal under any circumstance: 22%
    abortion legal under most circumstances: 15%
    abortion legal only in few instances: 37%
    abortion illegal in all circumstances: 23%
    Bad news: 74% still favor child killing
    Good news: abortion illegal in all circumstances (personhood) up 6% from last year.

38. Good point Joanne. Moral depravity aside, BO is committing genocide against the very generation that could possibly help make a dent in our ballooning federal budget deficit. He spends money like a drunken sailor and multiplies the per capita debt by slaughtering his constituency.
    Fox is reporting that the US Government has just lost its AAA credit rating.
    But BO’s unprecedented fiscal irresponsiblity pales in comparison to his evil, ruthless, genocidal heart.
    Our country appears headed for disaster. God help us.

39. The worry with Muslims taking over the western world is that, even though they are against abortion, extremists see no problem with strapping bombs to their children and sending them in to blow up the infidel. I do not understand why people use Muslims as examples of a pro-life mentality. Yes, they are against abortion, but all sorts of other deaths they have no problem with.

40. Amen Heather! Carla, People need to hear your story! If you truly believe this is what the Lord is impressing on your heart, I say go for it. I know the lady who works at the Center here in my home town.

41. Liz & Joanne, you’re exactly right. It is “shocking” to many Americans to find out what abortion really is.
    And that’s a shock that the proaborts do not want them to experience. Thus, their “keep a lid on the abortion debate” strategy.

42. The pro-life attitude is gaining strength for one simple reason: EXPOSURE OF THE REALITY OF ABORTION thanks to diligent efforts by numerous pro-life groups and individuals who have the cojones to show photo’s of the REAL TRUTH of what abortion is.
    The abortion industry’s dirty little secrets are out in the open, now, more than ever before. The abortion industry got a little too confident and it backfired on them and they are slowly collapsing. The number of abortion clinics in this country are now at an all time low since Roe.
    PP isn’t doing the industry any favors, either.
    People are FINALLY waking up…and not a moment too soon.
    Sorry, “reality”…you lose.
    Buh bye…

43. Carla, I think you’d be a fantastic sidewalk counselor. I join my prayers with RJ’s for you :)

44. You are absolutely right Ed. Barry is a dangerous man and not just because he’s so anti-life.
    His world apology tour and palling with dictators, the absolute out of control government spending, his compulsary “community service”, his belief that govt should control almost every aspect of our lives, the list goes on and on.
    It seems his honeymoon is over and he’s even very quickly ailientated leftists by backtracking on some of his promises which reasonable people know would have endangered security. He’s a complete incompetent and an empty suit.
    2012 should be a landslide year for the Republicans if they select a conservative. It could very well be a replay of 1980 when President Reagan won almost every state.
    However he can and will do tremendous damage in 4 years. He’s done lots already.

45. “For each survey you neglected to post the margin of error and the sample size. Simple percentages are easy to take out of context.
    Posted by: Yo La Tengo at May 23, 2009 7:13 PM””
    If a pregnat mom enters a room with an abortionist, how many humans are in the room?
    what is the margin of error in the answer? If one is aborted, how many are there now and how many are dead? What is the margin of error regarding the number 1?
    YLT, the abortion camp is loaded with lies. They are liars in long lists of ways.
    They lied with great enthusiam regarding the number of women dying du to back alley abortions before Roe Wade. One of the cofounders of NARAL admitted he lied. If you supopport abortion, you support lying.
    The number of deaths 200-250 per year.
    The number they gave the media was 10,000
    Actually they lied and told the media 60% of people supported abortion and they admit they didn’t know.
    Do you know why pro aborts can’t tell the truth?
    Dr. Bernard Nathanson can. he converted and repented.

46. Joanne,
    You’re so right. Obama is so smooth and charismatic. He’s implementing his policies at a record pace and it’s all going to blow up in his face. Then, when he’s confronted with his failed policies, instead of preening and strutting around in front of the cameras he’ll be squirming under the bright lights, exposed as a self-serving, genocidal fool.

47. Oh no! :( When I read little Faith had bleeding ulcers I was so afraid that it would end in this. Such a sweet little baby……She lived longer than most would have expected.
    Praying for Myah and her family right now. Little Faith is an angel, literally….

48. Liz: yes Faith died yesterday at 4:40pm (EDT) She had not been well for several days and was taken to hospital overnight and then released. Her mom decided not to have any extra treatment – she was bleeding internally.
    I guess it was just too much eventually. I too feel very sad.
    What a great contrast in this young woman’s approach to life compared to that of commenter Kate on the other thread.

49. Posted by: Hal at May 23, 2009 6:11 PM
    “I wonder how many people who identify as “pro life” in these polls want the government to ban abortion.”
    ————————————————————
    HAL,
    I wonder how many of these people who identify as ‘pro-choice’ want the federal government to repeal the ‘Born Alive Infant Protection Act’ and the ‘Partial Birth Abortion Ban’.
    yor bro ken

50. Carla and Fed Up, God is tapping you 2 on the shoulder. The fact that you are both thinking about getting out on the sidewalk is God calling you! All it takes is a story to share, some facts, some compassion and literature. You will be persecuted, so expect that. It’s not you that the rabid pro-deathers hate. It’s God. However, good things happen too! The best experience is a woman turning back b/c she got the correct information. You can’t imagine the feeling;} I urge you both to give it a shot.:}

51. Whoa, I didn’t mean to pass up the comment about baby Faith. I went to the site. How touching! What a brave mother to be so young! I’m glad that she was able to spend time with her daughter. I was crying while reading the story. Her short time on earth was a gift from God!

52. Baby Faith Hope had so much courage. I can’t tell if it is best to shed tears or celebrate the life that she lived; she was so sweet.

53. Vannah,
    We can grieve with hope. :) Smiling through our tears about Faith who is now whole. Her story is amazing.
    Heather,
    I feel it too Heather but have not wanted to go for the training. I can’t imagine standing outside where my daughter lost her life. I will do it. I know I will. Hard to think about right now.

54. The story of baby Faith was an inspiring one. Many of those babies don’t survive more than a few hours.
    I love how she says it is the best 93 days of her life. Her faith really is amazing.

55. You go ladies!
    What ever God has put in your hearts to do HE will provide the opportunities for you to fullfill all the purposes for which you were called.
    yor bro ken

56. Hal asks how many of those polled would want Roe overturned. Isn’t it nice that those who have been brought to term by their mothers would be the ones that would answer that question.

57. “Fed Up, I am praying about being a sidewalk counselor where I had my abortion. It would be so hard, but I want to do more too!”
    Posted by: Carla at May 23, 2009 2:50 PM
    Carla, I’m praying for you too! God works in mysterious ways. I believe He wants to work through you to bring those troubled men and women closer to Him. His grace and mercy is immeasurable. Your little one in Heaven must be very proud and smiling down on you. God Bless You!

58. This poll is why BO will start calling it “stem cell harvesting.” And it will be expanded as part of his comprehensive health care reform and cost reduction plan.
    Y’all should watch “Gattica.” It is the future BO envisions for us.

59. Oh, little precious baby, Faith Hope…What a beautiful witness to life and God’s love, she and her precious mother are. God bless them.

60. Plot thickens re: Sotomayor’s abortion stance

Barack Obama’s Supreme Court pick, Sonia Sotomayor, spent 7 hours at the White House last Thursday and before that was vetted thoroughly by Obama’s pro-abortion staff. Even if Obama did not ask Sotomayor directly about her opinion re: Roe v….

61. Denver Post columnist converts to pro-life, almost

We may be seeing the house of cards starting to fall. Recent polls indicating a growing nationwide affinity to the pro-life position prompted self-described “atheist and a secular kinda guy” Denver Post columnist David Harsanyi to announce in a column…

Comments are closed.