by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- The Unborn Voice shares a nursing research paper on the types of coping that can result from the emotional aftermath of abortion.
- ProLifeBlogs links to a post from Patheos on the great year the abortion industry had in 2009, and points out that America has had “40 years of sex ed classes teaching kids about safe sex and contraceptives to eliminate and reduce unplanned pregnancies.” How that’s working out for you?
- Mommy Life bemoans the introduction of a new test for pregnant women to detect Down syndrome in preborn children. Currently the diagnosis is made following an amniocentesis which is intrusive and includes a risk of miscarriage. It is reported that only 2% of the pregnant women will opt for the test but 92% of the tested women with a positive diagnosis choose abortion.
- Generations for Life writes about the Carney brothers (pictured left), ages 3 to 9, who decided to give away their Halloween stash in exchange for donations to Pro-Life Action League. They raised over $350.
- Abstinence Clearinghouse discusses a recent episode of Glee – which airs in primetime – depicting the first sexual encounter of two teenage couples, one straight and one gay. In the interest of pushing the envelope and keeping up with their reputation of being edgy they completely disregard the legitimate research showing that “sexually active teens are less likely to be happy, more likely to be depressed, and more likely to attempt suicide.”
- LaShawn Barber has a detailed profile of Ryan Bomberger of The Radiance Foundation. Ryan was conceived in rape, adopted at birth, and is now an adoptive father.
- Stacy at Accepting Abundance continues her investigative work on the advertisements of abortion clinics – ads for gentle abortions, no memories, immediate recovery, no disturbing vacuuming sounds, and five minute procedures. In this post, Stacy highlights clinics advertising $50 savings coupons for Sundays only, and those offering “holistic abortions” (whatever that is) along with medical abortions up to 24 weeks in which the intact preborn baby can be delivered so you can see, hold and say goodbye privately – after you pay for that child’s death.