by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Americans United for Life posts video of the PBS debate between Dr. Charmaine Yoest and Nancy Keenan of NARAL regarding the pending Virginia legislation mandating ultrasounds prior to abortions. I loved hearing Keenan say “listen to the heartbeat”:
Watch Va. Proposal Mandating Ultrasound Before Abortion Debated on PBS. See more from PBS NewsHour.
- Big Blue Wave discusses an article by two Italian scientists who argue in favor of infanticide, or, as they prefer to call it, “after-birth abortion.” They argue that it takes a couple of weeks for the infant to move from “potential person” to “actual person,” and that “killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be.”
- At Coming Home, Dr. Gerard Nadal starts a series investigating whether Charles Darwin was an “architect of the culture of death.”
- Albert Mohler discusses Rick Santorum’s potential electability issues and the mainstream media’s philosophy of “everything you say [even in speeches to religious groups] can and will be used against you” in the court of public opinion.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition and Wesley J. Smith discuss in separate posts the recent comments by Rick Santorum on the status of euthanasia in the Netherlands. Again, shining a light on a life issue appears to rankle some.
- Ethika Politika examines the assertion that 98% of Catholics practice birth control, and points to a much larger issue: almost a third of American Christians have been permanently and voluntarily sterilized.
- At Live Action, Nancy Flanders notices a post from Babble on what not to say to a woman who suffers a miscarriage – one statement being, “It was not a real baby, just a fetus.” The post’s author responds, “A ‘fetus’ is a baby. The mom will feel changes from very early on, making the transition to motherhood already there in her mind. It was a real baby.”
- Down on the Pharm shares commentary on the Obama Administration’s contraceptive mandate by Fr. Sammie Maletta, of St. John the Evangelist Parish in Indiana: