New social networking site: ProLifeBook

Those of us on Facebook have heard the stories – or even personally experienced – having status updates and graphics censored. I, myself, am cautious about posting abortion photos on Facebook, because I’ve heard they are a trigger for getting banned. (I still post them, but sparingly, and so far have escaped notice.)

And we’ve also heard or experienced having our videos banned on YouTube, classic examples being some of Live Action’s video exposés on Planned Parenthood.

Now, a new group, World Life Organization (of which I’ve been asked to be a board member) has introduced Prolifebook, a powerful and censor-safe social networking tool for pro-lifers and pro-life groups.

ProLifeBook looks and works like Facebook but is tailored to us. Creator and lead web developer Todd Bullis explained in a press release:

This tool will allow pro-life people and groups to communicate real time the activities they are involved in and promote collaboration amongst groups like never before. This is the first social networking site of its kind that is designed specifically for pro-life activism. We wanted to create a way for pro-life activities and networking to be shared world wide without censorship that often occurs to pro-life groups that try to use other conventional social networking sites.

A classic example of Todd’s latter point is this video, which YouTube promptly deleted but which is now up on PLB, showing workers and construction companies at a Planned Parenthood currently being built in Ft. Worth, Texas. Videos like this are easily shared on PLB…

In addition, groups can form their own pages and list events that are posted on the PLB calendar.

World Life Organization president Don Cooper explained, his new group “is about making the pro-life movement more effective by leveraging today’s technology to promote synergy amongst groups. This is one way to help unify the pro-life movement and increase its influence globally. We are very excited about this new and powerful tool.”

20 thoughts on “New social networking site: ProLifeBook”

Todd Bullis says:

Please join, add your videos, pictures and events so the rest of us can join you. This web site is just for us pro-lifers. Organizations can have a page here also. Lets organize and lets get the job done.

Do the will of our father, those with little faith do little and those with great faith do much but please express what faith you have with works that all men will know God.

3 likes

Cranky Catholic says:

Todd, how do you create a social network that looks and feels exactly like Facebook without getting nailed to the wall by Facebook, Inc.?  Seems like a Cease and Desist is imminent.

7 likes

Mother In Texas says:

This is a great idea; however, like CrankyCatholic, I wonder if this crosses the line into violating copyrights/trademarks. As pro-lifers, we certainly don’t need THAT on our list of hurdles to overcome.

4 likes

Cranky Catholic says:

Pro-LifeTube.com and ProLifeTube.org doesn’t look like YouTube. There’s no merit to a Cease and Desist if the user isn’t confused.

ProLifeBook.com looks like Facebook and has the potential to mislead a user into thinking it is a project of Facebook, Inc. because of your site’s branding.

I won’t join the site if I don’t have the confidence that Facebook will not kill it.

4 likes

5. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Todd Bullis says:

Why do they call you Cranky Catholic?

2 likes

6. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Cranky Catholic says:

Because a culture that tolerates killing people who are handicapped, elderly, and not-yet born takes the cheer out of me.

6 likes

7. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Todd Bullis says:

ProLifebook.com is down due to so many people trying to join, please try back in a few min.

1 likes

8. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Todd Bullis says:

I understand Cranky, do what I do and Praise God for he is good and he is the lifter of my head and my heart.

1 likes

9. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    John Lewandowski says:

So Facebook allows all manner of profanity and indecency.  But prolife activism using pictures is forbidden?

3 likes

10. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Jenn says:

Could the color scheme just be changed slightly? that way if it doesn’t look SO CLOSE to Facebook we won’t be called “Copycats” It’s a great tool to have out there, and I wouldn’t want it shut down for possible copyright infringements.

3 likes

11. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Richard says:

Signed up.

1 likes

12. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Roxy says:

I’ve long marvelled at the hypocrisy of FB regarding “inappropriate” content. If you’re visiting a public pro-life page, it seems disingenuous to complain if you then come across some…pro-life content? And if it’s on a friends-only page, do what every other sane person does and unfriend them.

Anyway, I’m really glad to see this getting going, and I hope there’s no legal backlash from FB. I’m sure I’m not the only person who finds Twitter irritating to use and follow, and that seems to be the most common method of communicating pro-life events now.

3 likes

13. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Sweet Marmot says:

I tried to join, but it wouldn’t take.   The first time I forgot to put in the code that proves I’m not a spammer.  When I went to put it in, I didn’t notice that it took out my password.  So the second try didn’t work either.  After that it just kept putting it back to start over with a new code, removing my password each time.  Finally, I gave up in disgust.  Hopefully, they’ll get the bugs worked out of it soon and I can sign up.

1 likes

14. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Matushka Anna says:

This is just marvelous. I’ll risk FB nixing it – I’ve already joined. (: Thank you for starting it, Todd! I found it when someone on the site linked to my site and it started generating hits. It’s the sort of site that FB wouldn’t like as a matter of fact – it has pictures of babies (miscarried) on it.

1 likes

15. Great social networking site…  Its just look like facebook but have cool stuff. After introducing timeline facebook stars loosing users.

2 likes