I’m distraught about the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Obamacare, but the fight to uphold the sanctity of human life must go on. The Bible is clear that God orchestrates the course of human events, including leaders of nations, good and bad. The Lord allowed this decision for His purpose, which is ultimately for our good, and we trust Him.
Curt Levey, President of the Committee for Justice and a constitutional law attorney, has written “Top ten takeaways from the Obamacare decision.” Here are the bullet points, although the full article at BigGovernment.com is well worth reading:
1. The charge that the Roberts Court is a right-of-center court has been proven wrong in dramatic fashion.
2. Five is not enough.
3. Though the immediate impact of the decision was a stunning defeat for conservatives, the larger cause of constitutional federalism was advanced.
4. Obama and company’s attempt to cow the Supreme Court succeeded.
5. The bullet ObamaCare dodged was more deadly than imagined.
6. Roberts’s opinion was judicial activism at its worst.
7. Chief Justice Roberts will likely be best remembered for disappointing conservatives in the most important case of his judicial career.
8. The White House should not be celebrating.
9. Don’t let the oral argument or talking heads fool you.
10. The meaning of the ObamaCare decision is yet to be determined
What are some of your takeaways from the decision?