by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Culture Campaign reports on a new study from Yale University and City University of New York, which “shows that if the Republican Party abortion platform came to fruition and states could outlaw abortion, not only would the national abortion rate drop, but the rate among non-white Americans would drop the most.”
Some point to this and claim racism on the part of Republicans… but really, doesn’t this just prove the pro-life point that abortion is used as a eugenic weapon and disproportionately takes the lives of minorities?
- 40 Days for Life proudly announces that the upcoming fall campaign will be the longest and largest ever, with 314 locations planned, both here and abroad: 49 U.S. states (plus D.C.), 7 Canadian provinces, Australia, England, Spain, and – for the first time – Uganda, and many more. The full list of locations has just been posted.
- Live Action says the Democrats are focusing on the GOP’s imaginary “war on women” (labeling female Republican leaders, “shiny packaging”) while attempting to excuse and downplay Barack Obama’s pro-infanticide abortion extremism:
So unless pro-abortion politicians use the words “I support infanticide,” we can’t hold them accountable for protecting de facto infanticide. Too bad they aren’t such sticklers for rhetorical charity when calling pro-lifers sexist religious fanatics who want to legitimize rape, leave women for dead in back alleys, control people’s sex lives, and incite violence against abortionists….
There’s simply no getting around Obama’s record of protecting infanticide. Nor can the rest of the president’s right-to-life record – nearly unlimited abortion during all three trimesters, federal funding for abortion, opposition to states’ right to make their own abortion policy – be spun as moderate.
- The Anti-Abortion Gang shares a Twitter conversation in which a pro-choicer points to orphans and the cost of caring for humanity as reasons to promote the killing of preborn children.
- Big Blue Wave has a great quote from Ben Stein (pictured right), host of the documentary, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed:
For me, the number one issue is right to life. I don’t think the Democrats are very good on the right-to-life issue…. People who think of abortion as a reasonable method of birth control just are never going to get my vote.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition notes a group from Boston calling themselves, “Second Thoughts: People with Disabilities Opposing the Legalization of Assisted Suicide.” Formed in 2011 to educate and organize the Massachusetts disability community to respond to the Question 2 ballot initiative, the group “emphasizes that rather than offering individual choice, assisted suicide laws create a potentially discriminatory and dangerous practice.”
- The Abolitionist Society of OK lists 7 reasons why the abortion abolitionist movement must reject violence.
- American Life League’s Judie Brown continues to ask why the Catholic Church is playing out a drama involving both political parties when the stakes for religious liberty and abortion are so high.
- Accepting Abundance writes about “sacred parenting” when a preborn child is given a terminal diagnosis. Often, “therapeutic” abortion is chosen, but this video explains an option that both honors the life of the child and helps the family heal. (Tissue alert.)