by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Michael New reveals the numerous flaws with a non-peer-reviewed and highly publicized “turnaway” study which purported to show that women who were refused abortion due to gestational age were more likely to experience greater stress and financial hardship than women who obtained abortions.
- The Anti-Abortion Gang discusses the so-called war on women, suggesting conservatives do not need to be afraid of their beliefs but need to better articulate their positions:
Women are smarter than this, but they need to be educated on conservatism. They need to know that they need not fear conservatives.
Conservative women are women too. We fight the same battles they do, we just don’t use our unborn children as pawns in the battle to attain truly equal rights.
- 40 Days for Life concludes another campaign with great results: one abortion clinic closed, three workers quit and currently there are four lawsuits pending against Planned Parenthood for Medicaid fraud (from former employees with insider information). In a recent webcast, former PP clinic director Abby Johnson [pictured left with 40 Days’ campaign director Shawn Carney] shared this encouraging tidbit:
I remember the last Planned Parenthood conference that I went to before I quit. We were actually talking about the 40 Days for Life. Planned Parenthood was saying that their no-show rates go up as high as 75% when people are simply standing and praying outside of abortion clinics.
- Down on the Pharm encourages states to opt out of Obamacare’s state exchanges:
The federal government did not allocate funds or any other means to set up the exchanges, and rely on cooperation from the states. Without this cooperation, Obamacare will essentially crash and burn.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition announces Alex Schadenberg’s new book entitled, Exposing Vulnerable People to Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide.
- Generations for Life discusses Eric Scheidler’s recent International Pro-Life Youth Conference presentation on how pro-lifers can improve their messaging and presentation so pro-choicers will be more likely to take a second look:
Our first step, then, has to be convince our “pro-choice” audience that they need to give the pro-life position a second look. In all likelihood, we’re not going to change the mind of a hard-core abortion supporter on the spot, but if, by being diplomatic in our presentation of the pro-life message, we can convince them that we are merely wrong — and not crazy — we will plant the seeds for an eventual change of heart.