by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life discusses a newly released study using “detailed medical records from Denmark” which shows that women face a higher risk of death from abortion than childbirth.
- Bryan Kemper writes about the heartbreaking experience of losing a son to miscarriage two years ago, and his disappointment at the unsympathetic response (“it’s just a miscarriage”) of his pro-life church:
Even those who call themselves Christian or pro-life sometimes cannot 100% understand the full humanity, the full personhood of the child inside the womb. If we did, abortion would be over.
- Suzy B reports that despite a defeat in court, former Ohio Rep. Steve Driehaus (pictured left) – who was voted out after his constituents were informed of his support for taxpayer-funded abortion – is continuing to pursue his lawsuit against the SBA List for “loss of livelihood”:
This isn’t just about a single lawsuit – this is about a politician using the federal court system to attempt to restrict our constitutional right to free speech and to prevent us from holding elected officials accountable for the way they vote.
- Reflections of a Paralytic links to an article by Students for Life president Kristan Hawkins, on why pro-lifers should embrace rather than reject the “anti-abortion” label.
- ProWomanProLife points to statistics showing the Canadian population is aging and has been suffering a “birth dearth” since 1971, with abortion as a major contributing factor. A recent study showed “if every aborted baby had been born in 2006, 2009 and 2010, a replacement fertility rate would have been reached or surpassed. In 2007 and 2008, the same would bring the birthrate within a hair’s breadth of replacement rate.”
- Secular ProLife says pro-life internships are available with both Feminists for Life and National Right to Life.
- At Stand for Life, Bud Shaver discusses “the butterfly effect” of abortion on society. If, as the Talmud says, “Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world,” then how much chaos might be wrought by more than 55 million abortions?
- A Voice for Hope shares video of pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson (who gave this year’s National Prayer Breakfast keynote address) speaking on why he became pro-life:
[Driehaus image via worldmag.com]