by JivinJ, host of the blog, JivinJehoshaphat
- USA Today picked up the story of Jennifer Morbelli’s post-abortion death.
- The Stir’s Adriana Velez is the first pro-choicer that I’ve seen attempt to comment on Morbelli’s death (quite a difference from Savita Halappanavar). A search at the RH Reality Check web site for Morbelli returns 0 results.Velez thinks one must be “a heartless ideologue” to protest the clinic whose practices led to Morbelli’s death. One wonders if she felt the same way regarding the protests after Halappanavar’s death.
- Michael New describes the implications of the fact that “the best predictor of someone’s attitude toward abortion is his or her opinion on the morality of premarital sex.”
- In India, a man was sentenced to 7 years in prison after raping his cousin and coercing her to have an abortion:
Gupta assured the girl that he would marry her and developed physical relations with her on the false promise of marriage, the police said. It said that consequently, the girl became pregnant and the accused took her to a hospital, where against her wishes she was made to undergo abortion on the pretext that it was done to save her life.
- A Michigan woman (who was previously told she could not conceive) gave birth to a 10-pound baby on the day she learned she was pregnant [daughter Kimberly Kay pictured left with her father, Mike]:
Last week, Linda Ackley went to the doctor because she had some bloating in her abdomen.
Believing she might have a hernia, the doctor sent her to an Allegiance Health facility for a computerized tomography or CT scan.
The scan revealed she was pregnant.
She would deliver in three to four weeks, medical professionals at first told the Ackleys. After a second ultrasound, however, the couple learned Linda Ackley had carried the baby a full term, 40 or more weeks.
[Photo by AP/The Jackson Citizen Patriot, via The Times Herald]