Florida's pro-abortion license plate

Florida is so much in the abortion news these days. Now comes word the Orlando National Organization for Women has chosen the design for a pro-abortion plate to counter what NOW calls the "notorious" and wildly successful Choose Life plate.

(231,608 Florida Choose Life plates have been sold in the seven years it has been available, earning almost $5 million toward adoption support. It currently ranks eighth out of 120 FL specialty plates.)

The pro-abortion plate is entitled, "United for Choice." Its illustration shows a baby star shooting heavenward from inside the mommy star, pathetic and disgusting.

I can think of many other captions for a pro-abortion specialty license plate. How about you?

View the pro-abortion license plates that were rejected on page 2....

Addendum, 2:25p

Curt Jester has posted some FL pro-abortion plates that didn't make the cut....

plate 1.jpg

plate 2.jpg

plate 3.jpg

plate 4.jpg

Comments:

How about "Rational and Compassionate Voters for Choice?"

Posted by: Gary at February 13, 2007 10:33 AM

Jill,

I can think of many pictures Florida can use on its Pro-Abortion license plates. All they need to do is visit the Priests For Life website for many ideas.

Although those who buy the Pro-Abortion license plates should not drive by Northwestern University in Chicago with the pictures I think they should use on the FL plates. While showing the Northwestern students pictures of what abortion looks like, they tried covering them up with bed sheets so nobody could see them.

I often wounder why you would be for something (like Abortion) but so eager to cover up what it looks like?

Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 13, 2007 11:00 AM

Even as a former "pro-choice" advocate, I cannot comprehend what was going on in the head of the person who came up with that design.

Posted by: Phil at February 13, 2007 11:32 AM

Gary, commendations for noble vapidity, but your slogan is a tad long, don't you think?

Posted by: Jill Stanek at February 13, 2007 11:48 AM

Jill,

I found another good logo for the Florida Pro-Abortion license plates --

Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 13, 2007 1:20 PM

I would use the Klanned Parenthood picture with another picture in the background showing a field of crosses somewhat like this picture for the FL Pro-Abortion License Plates...

Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 13, 2007 1:36 PM

OK I keep thinking of new things here. I would have the Klanned Parenthood Abortionist in the foreground also holding a wad of large bills in the same hand as his/her cigarette. I would have him/her kissing the large wad of bills and in the background I would show a large field of crosses for the FL Pro-Abortion Plates.

This would be a much more appropriate logo than they currently have picked.

Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 13, 2007 1:58 PM

maybe I missed something. Is the pro-life plate a coat hanger?

Posted by: Gary at February 13, 2007 3:20 PM

Gary,

We are Pro-Life, Pro-Adoption and Pro-God's Choice!

Mike

Posted by: Mike at February 13, 2007 4:00 PM

Mike,

"Pro-God's Choice"? Leave that one out. There is a separation of Church and State for a reason (which is why I'm pro-choice).

Posted by: Leah at February 13, 2007 5:58 PM

Being pro-life doesn't require any religious background. It simply requires a person to understand that killing defenseless children (either inside the womb or outside of it) is wrong.

Check out the Atheist and Agnostic Pro-Life League:
"... because life is all there is and all that matters, and abortion destroys the life of an innocent human being."

Posted by: Naaman at February 15, 2007 11:04 AM

There is usually a fairly high number of pre-sales of the custom plates (I seem to remember somewhere in the vacinity of $50,000 or so.

Do they have ther requesite number of pre-orders to create the plate?

Posted by: Tony at February 15, 2007 12:06 PM

Tony, the IL Secretary of State requires 850 plates be sold before a specialty plate is manufactured. We obtained almost 30,000 petition signatures in support last I knew, so reaching that threshold shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at February 15, 2007 12:43 PM

There are two ways to interpret it:

1. The little aborted baby star flying up to Heaven

2. Three little aborted baby stars flying up to Heaven while Mom holds the lucky "chosen" star that got to gestate.

Either way it's a coup for unconscious imagery.

Where's their web site? I want to congratulate them on their clever art work.

Posted by: Christina at February 16, 2007 8:49 PM

online xanax buy search http://www.foren-gratis.de/cgi-bin/foren/F_1950/cutecast.pl >xanax no online buy

Posted by: xanax buy online perscription at June 30, 2007 10:00 PM