New Stanek WND column, "Planned Parenthood bombs itself"

wnd_logo.gif

Last week, I detailed how it appears Planned Parenthood mega mills popping up across the country are not happenstance but the culmination of a five-year plan not only to expand, but also exterminate competition....

But pro-lifers interrupted the plan in 2003. Led by concrete contractor Chris Danze, they initiated a boycott of construction workers, equipment and supplies throughout the building of a $6.2 million Planned Parenthood mill in Austin, TX....

The boycott didn't stop construction, but it significantly stalled it, created a lot of bad press for PP and most eye-opening, revealed pro-lifers wield great influence in local communities....

Planned Parenthood's response was in hindsight predictable. PP determined to build its other new mills on the sly. It bought property in Denver, CO, and Aurora, IL, and who knows where else in secret. It got busted in Denver before ground broke, but not in Aurora....

But my, how PP's deception has backfired. No one likes to be scammed. The Aurora community became incensed....

Late last week, a panicked PP took aim at stock targets: Joe Scheidler and Pro-Life Action League, also insinuating that all those protesting the clinic were violent extremists....

Obviously, Planned Parenthood thought this bomb throwing would turn public opinion against those it considersed ringleaders....

But did it really think this tactic would garner sympathizers? ...

Continue reading my column today, "Planned Parenthood bombs itself," on WorldNetDaily.com.

Comments:

I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AT LAST NIGHT'S MEETING!!!! C'MON, GIVE!!!!!

Posted by: mk at September 12, 2007 9:05 AM

Great piece Jill! And I second MK - we recorded the new RFL podcast this morning, and really want to know what happened last night, so we can record an update before the podcast goes out.

Posted by: Phil at September 12, 2007 9:18 AM

Very informative. It is amazing how freely PP lies to get what they want. But, hey, when killing of the innocent is your occupation what would you expect.

Posted by: John Michael at September 12, 2007 9:26 AM

MK, Phil: Oh my goodness! I'm hurrying. Had an interview this morning. Put me behind.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at September 12, 2007 9:28 AM

Finally, some good news. Too bad your headline wasn't literal.

Keep the faith, Sis.

Posted by: Steve H. at September 12, 2007 9:30 AM

I live in a town of about 70,000 people.
Aurora is a city of 170,000.

In my town we recently had over 2,100 people show up for a free taco event. We regularly get that many and MORE for Theatre in the Park and Market Night.

In a city the size of Aurora - complete with national attention - you got 1000 people to show up for your protest and 400 to show up for a city meeting?

No one cares. Stop annoying the City of Aurora and its inhabitants. You're in a blue state - the home of Hillary and Barak - nobody is listening to your message.

You guys couldn't stop Planned Parenthood in TEXAS, for crissake! What makes you think you can even slow 'em down in Illinois?

Posted by: Laura at September 12, 2007 10:21 AM

Laura,

I have to fault your logic that protest is pointless and that location is most important. Folks protested descrimination in Southern states despite little local support.

Free speech is free speech. We should all support the rights of those who choose to speak out even when we disagree. The majority does not have the right to silence even one voice.

In the US we have majority rule but minority rights. The number of protesters may not impress you, but it is noteworthy how few citizens are making the effort to publicly endorse the new clinic.

Posted by: hippie at September 12, 2007 10:56 AM

Jill, when you reported in your column that Gemini and Planned Parenthood frequently lie, that was a shocking revelation.

Seriously, they lie a lot just like the Nazis did and the Communists did and still do as well. Fidel Castro, who is virtually on his death bed, yesterday told whoppers about the United States concerning 9-11. Lying is what those who are in spiritual darkness and who are evil do.

It was inspirational to read about what Chris Danze and his supporters did in Austin, Texas, to put a spoke in the wheel of Planned Parenthood.

Posted by: Clay B. at September 12, 2007 12:14 PM

"Planned Parenthood is just as much of an enemy to the United States as the Nazis and Communists were because they could help cause the United States to crumble from within just like Lenin said would happen."

Amen, Clay! In fact Planned Parenthood by their own numbers has directly killed almost as many human beings as Hitler killed Jews, at least by some estimations. God love you, Clay.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 12, 2007 12:22 PM

In an interview with a former abortion doctor who owned a chain of clinics and walked away from it all, he suggested that citizens pass ordinances to prevent aboriton clinics from building in their cities and towns. It sounds monumental, but this cause is monumental.

Posted by: Sandy at September 12, 2007 12:25 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Providing contraceptives and affordable health care is going to cause America to "crumble from within?"

Posted by: Laura at September 12, 2007 12:47 PM

Indeed!

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 12, 2007 12:51 PM

Per Laura:

"I used to get better numbers when I threw dogwalks to raise money for a local animal shelter."

That's because our society has been brainwashed to value animals more than the unborn.

I read a story of a visibly pregnant stray dog who was wondering through a town. Some people brought it to several vets' offices to see if they would abort the puppies so they wouldn't be brought into the world with no home. No vet in town would agree to do it.

Go ahead Laura and call me a liar and say the story is untrue.

Posted by: Sandy at September 12, 2007 1:38 PM

I have lived in Aurora for many years and have been there when the people have had an uprise. This PP building is in the DuPage portion of Aurora which is quite small compared to the Kane County portion. Concidering the size of this part of the community there is a great showing of citizens. My only lament is that there is not more of an appearance from the hispanics and black citizens. I know the majority of the members of the city council, and the mayor, and I find them to be very good people who are carrying a very heavy load right now. I pray that the "Truth" will prevail and that this building never opens. As far as I am concerned it isn't a clinic. A clinic is something positive ~ this building would be an evil place once the first innocent life is snuffed out whether by the morning after pill or abortion.

Posted by: Diane at September 12, 2007 2:20 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a veterinary technician as well as a former animal control officer.
Every place I've ever worked has spayed pregnant dogs on nearly a daily basis, and in California, a bitch - pregnant or not - cannot be adopted from a shelter until it's spayed. No animal can be adopted until it's neutered from any California shelter.

Posted by: Laura at September 12, 2007 2:31 PM

I don't care about spaying. The point is no vet would abort the puppies.

Posted by: Sandy at September 12, 2007 2:49 PM

Laura -

I think spaying a dog while pregnant depends on location. California has the highest number of abortions than any other state (according to estimates from the CDC 2002 report - based on number from the last report they submitted - 1987 - and the national average). So it stands to reason that spaying a pregnant dog would not be frowned on.

In Indiana, I worked for 7 years as a Vet Tech. The last 3 years as the Surgical Tech. I only saw 2 spay's when the bitch was pregnant. Both were to save her life. One - because she was pregnant with over 12 puppies and was too young to risk that pregnancy. The other because she was hit by a car and the puppies were going to die anyway. I worked in a 5 Vet hospital with complete readiness for emergency care of any kind. (The K9 cops go there - Those dogs are beautiful)

The whole concept that insurance companies are being forced to pay for contraception confuses me. First - I guess there is no such thing as choice for insurance companies. Second - these insurance companies have to re-adjust what they will pay for. My children have a "cap" on what they will pay for preventative care. This means that they will not pay for all of their government mandated vaccines. However, I was able to get my tubes tied. (I did ask if they would have paid for it if it wasn't for medical reasons, and they said yes.)

Posted by: valerie at September 12, 2007 2:55 PM

I don't care about spaying. The point is no vet would abort the puppies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you read my post?
We spay pregnant animals nearly every day. Shelters in California MUST spay pregnant animals before they can be adopted.
That would pretty much be abortive...

Posted by: Laura at September 12, 2007 2:55 PM

Sandy, spaying a preganant dog will kill (abort) the little puppies.

Posted by: Hal at September 12, 2007 2:56 PM

"Shelters in California MUST spay pregnant animals before they can be adopted."

In Indiana all animals are to be spayed and neutered before being placed. If the bitch is pregnant then the spay happens after the puppies are born.

Posted by: valerie at September 12, 2007 3:01 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait.
Isn't that just good business sense?
Wouldn't paying for vaccinations be cheaper than paying for a child's illness?
My insurance works the other way. It will pay for my non-exsistent children's vaccines, but it won't pay for birth control or elective sterilization.

Posted by: Laura at September 12, 2007 3:02 PM

Frankley, I don't have anything against a woman having a tubal ligation. It beats abortion!!

Posted by: Heather at September 12, 2007 3:13 PM

OOPs, forgot to add, the problem is this. The drip can't seem to drag her butt to the doctor's office to have it done. So, she continues to choose to scrape together the $300 - $800 dollars every time she gets pregnant, to have an abortion. Thus the abortion clinic becomes her BC method.

Posted by: Heather at September 12, 2007 3:19 PM

Laura and Hal,
I assumed that spaying would end the pregnancy for the dogs you referred to in California. No surprise here.

You missed the whole point. No vet approached to abort these puppies would do so purposely for the reason that they would come into the world without a stable loving home.

This reason is used over and over again by pro-aborts. The child would be better off dead than to be brought into the world without the perfect environment to be raised. These unborn puppies lives were valued by vets that wouldn't abort them.

Posted by: Sandy at September 12, 2007 3:34 PM

Laura -

"Wouldn't paying for birth control and tubal ligations be WAY cheaper that paying for a apregnancy or delivery - especially high-risk?"

So, you're saying we need to put a price tag on life? Add up the cost of what BC costs for X number years VS pregnancy and birth.

"Wouldn't paying for vaccinations be cheaper than paying for a child's illness?"

Yes, that is why I think my insurance company should pay their 80% for my children's vaccine. Considering she can't go to school, go into the military, or leave the country without them.

However, I can do all those things with my tubes untied.

Posted by: valerie at September 12, 2007 3:56 PM

Birth control and the mentality it breeds of "control over one's destiny" is a farce on all levels. Birth control pills also lead to unspeakable amounts of health problems and are abortifacients by their very nature.

The false "security" of all contraception leads women and men to be objects for one another; contraception in all its forms goes against all elements of nature and biology. The increase in contraception in our land has lead to an increase in abortions. Contraception, "against life," is the root of all other anti-life evils in our modern world - abortion, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, in vitro fertilization - because of how it subtly hardens our hearts and manipulates our mind about being "in control" of creating life or not creating life to begin with. If we think we have this power to prevent life, then we eventually give ourselves a self-imposed and false power to accept the killing it too.

Women have never had so many health and fertility problems then in this age of contraception. It is truly profound that women have not caught on to this lie. We are too smart and strong for something so manipulative and that which makes us weak, aren't we!?

When women are given contraception and they still get pregnant, the baby becomes a problem instead of the blessings he/she is - a person with dignity, no matter the circumstance. Thus elective abortion is sought. This is absurd, ladies!

On the other handm, self-mastery and self-control are virtues that allow a person the freedom to live out his/her life as the man/woman he/she is created to be.

The only way to honor women, restore healthcare and sanctify life is through chastity. For married couples, chastity is best practiced with Natural Family Planning. None of this costs insurance companies a dime and all of it promotes pure health, and affectionately united marriages.

We must teach and live these virtues if we ever expect to cultivate and nurture a civilization of love. These issues aren't really about us so much, as they are about the generational love we help to insure. Our cooperation with God for his plan of man and woman breeds peace, freedom of heart and most importantly, salvation.

I encourage all readers to read, "Christopher West's Theology of the Body." God's plan for human sexuality makes sense. It's easy, health and quite fun too!!!!

Sarah