Pro-lifer of the Year nominations

I will be shortly posting a new poll to vote for the Stanek blog's Pro-Lifer of the Year. Who would you nominate?

nominate.gif

• President Bush for in June vetoing for the 2nd time a bill to federally fund human embryo experimentation, while issuing an executive order to fund alternative pluripotent stem cell research? Only five months later he was vindicated on both decisions as two teams of scientists simultaneously announced they had made skin cells behave like pluripotent cells.

• Eric Scheidler for spearheading the protest against the Aurora Planned Parenthood, which drew national attention to PP's spurious business practices?

• KS district attorney Phill Kline, who continued to surmount political pressure and legal foul balls to charge Planned Parenthood of KS and MO with 107 criminal charges in October?

Who, who? Nominate away!

• Comments:

yllas gets my vote.

Posted by: Doug at December 27, 2007 12:27 PM

Dennis Hassert. I think it would be a wonderful nomination/tribute.

Posted by: AB Laura at December 27, 2007 12:32 PM

Eric Scheidler

Posted by: Carrie at December 27, 2007 12:34 PM

ABL, I know Hastert is pro-life, but what did he do as congressman/speaker that stands out?

Posted by: Jill Stanek at December 27, 2007 12:38 PM

Bush is obviously influential, but if anything I'd say he has harmed the Pro-Life movement by turning so many people away from what I think is the real "prize" for Pro-Lifers - altering the Supreme Court enough.

Posted by: Doug at December 27, 2007 12:43 PM

Taking a cue from last year's Time Magazine Person of the Year ("you!"), I would nominate pro-life bloggers (as a group). As the pro-life movement modernizes and adapts to the technological world, there has definately been an impact by these e-activists. Whether its utilizing blogs as an alternative form of media (getting out the news that the regular media will not), activating the base (*cough*Aurora*cough*), or doing investigative work, pro-life bloggers have revolutionized the movement, and have earned the title "Pro-lifer of the Year."

Posted by: Phil at December 27, 2007 12:49 PM

Jill,
    oops...I'm a HUGE moron...I meant, Henry Hyde!

Looks like Christmas drained my brain cells...AGAIN!

Posted by: AB Laura at December 27, 2007 1:10 PM

Doug, 12:43p: Are you saying Bush hasn't done enough to straighten out the activist Supreme Court?

ABL, 1:10p: Ah, ok. That one makes sense!

Phil, 12:49p: Good point.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at December 27, 2007 1:43 PM

Good point Phil,

without the pro-life websites, we would have to rely on the print and TV media which are 95% run by pro-aborts.

Posted by: jasper at December 27, 2007 1:49 PM

Columbine Father, Brian Rohrbough, for speaking
    powerfully and consistently for legally protecting
    each and every innocent human life, regardless of
    the circumstances of conception and for reminding
    the pro-life movement that we should never, ever
    violate God's enduring command: Thou shall not
    murder, despite our good intentions.

Posted by: lesforlife at December 27, 2007 2:09 PM

Laura gets my vote for giving us insight into the mind of the pro-aborts and how wacky they really are.

Uh... OK... change that to Eric Scheidler :)

Posted by: Tim at December 27, 2007 3:08 PM

I would vote for Phill Kline. He has put his own reputation and career on line time after time on behalf of the little ones. He has been maligned, lied about, lied against, besmirched, hated, called foul names, and still, like the Eveready battery, he keeps going. He is definitely my nominee.

Posted by: Rick Mann at December 27, 2007 3:19 PM

I also vote for Brian Rohrbough as pro-lifer of the year

Posted by: zeke13:19 at December 27, 2007 3:31 PM

Jill, I'm saying that Bush has really screwed things up for conservatives, going forward.

Posted by: Doug at December 27, 2007 4:33 PM

"yllas gets my vote."

Too funny, Doug.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at December 27, 2007 6:55 PM

:: laffin' ::

Posted by: Doug at December 27, 2007 7:12 PM

Zeke for runner-up.

Posted by: carder at December 27, 2007 7:49 PM

Without hesitation, I nominate Phill Kline.

Of all who can be nominated, Phill has endured the longest amount of time against the evilest of evils with superb results thus far!

Phill Kline, Jill.

No question about it.

(I hear babies throughout the heavens applauding Phill. I do!)

Posted by: Angela at December 27, 2007 8:09 PM

Zeke for runner-up.

Ha! Dang, Carder, ^5! (High-Five.)

Posted by: Doug at December 27, 2007 9:35 PM

Definitely, David Bereit!

The man who organized the national 40 Days for Life Campaign in the fall of 2007, that will prove to be the beginning of the end of abortion in America! Prayer is what will finally bring an end to this tragedy, and this man has inspired thousands to commit to praying and to being a sign and witness to every community in America.

Posted by: Michelle at December 27, 2007 10:12 PM

I like the "pro-life bloggers" idea!

Posted by: prettyinpink at December 28, 2007 1:06 AM

Michelle, David is a fabulous suggestion!

Posted by: Jill Stanek at December 28, 2007 8:21 AM

I nominate Troy Newman of Operation Rescue.

Posted by: Allyson Johnson at December 28, 2007 8:58 AM

I'd like to nominate Shinya Yamanaka, USA-trained orthopedist from Kyoto Japan who saw his daughters in the embryos in the lab, and who persisted in finding a way to reprogram a patient's own adult stem cells to become pluripotent, embryonic-like stem cells.

Posted by: Beverly Nuckols at December 28, 2007 9:14 AM

Allyson, Beverly: Both great suggestions, too.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at December 28, 2007 10:05 AM

Fr. Frank Pavone.

An activist not only on the sidewalks, conferences, TV, radio, you name it, but he can certainly harness the spiritual dimension of pro-lifeism masterfully.

I had the privilege of participating in a mass that he was celebrating. Magnetic, I tell you.

All the other suggestions are wonderful, too.

Posted by: carder at December 28, 2007 7:45 PM

Fred Thompson!!!

Posted by: Sandi at December 28, 2007 9:38 PM

I nominate John Allen Burt, who used to run a right-to-life "safe house" for pregnant teens, and is now serving prison time for molesting them.

Posted by: SoMG at December 28, 2007 11:30 PM

I guess you're restricting it to RTLs who have distinguished themselves this year.

How about Senator David Vitter? He has a solid right-to-life voting record, and the prostitutes he employed say he was very clean and sanitary.

Posted by: SoMG at December 29, 2007 4:38 AM

How about one of the most prolific pro-life bloggers in this nation....a pro-lifer not willing to compromise with the truth. A pro-lifer who has been there, and seen the reality of what abortion really is, with her own eyes!

I nominate Jill Stanek, who keeps us constantly updated with the latest pro-life information and news, and continually motivates and inspires pro-lifers with her endless determination to put an end to abortion, no matter what the cost!

Posted by: Bethany at December 29, 2007 8:11 AM

I 2nd that Bethany.

Posted by: jasper at December 29, 2007 8:34 AM

Here, Hear Bethany!

I was going to suggest that but I was worried that the prochoicers would balk! Why I'm worried about their opinion I couldn't say, but as long as you brought it up, I agree.

She has provided one of the only, if not THE only forum I know of where we can all speak openly and actually "communicate" on this issue no matter which side we are on.

I change my vote to JILL!!!!!

Posted by: mk at December 29, 2007 9:31 AM

Thank you, mods. Very kind, but too late... :) Whew.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at December 29, 2007 9:56 AM

What Bethany and MK said!

Posted by: carder at December 29, 2007 12:02 PM

Vote for Jill as pro-life blogger of the year here:

Posted by: Phil at December 29, 2007 4:49 PM

I think that Brian Rohrbough of American Right To Life in Colorado would be a great candidate.

Posted by: Mary (b) at December 29, 2007 4:59 PM

I would also like to vote for Brian Rohrbaugh.

Posted by: Darrellb at December 29, 2007 5:38 PM

Brian Rohrbough all the way! Exactly what lesforlife said!

Posted by: Doug B. at December 29, 2007 6:33 PM

I also vote for Mr. Rohrbough. He is single minded and does not compromise!

Posted by: Robin W. at December 29, 2007 7:28 PM

David Bereit---WOW 22,000 prolifers praying andcounseling in 89 cities-40DAYSIN A ROW!!!!
    It's a tossup between David and Msgr.Philip
    Reilly the Helper's of God's Precious Infants
    he's been on the front lines for FORTY YEARS!!!

Posted by: Matt Ulrich at December 29, 2007 7:42 PM

Sam Brownback. He was the main vocal and legislative opponent to federal funding of embryonic stem-cell research in Congress and brought a fresh "pro-life whole-life" voice to the presidential race. He brought pro-life activists such as Bobby Schindler to tour with him in Iowa and rallied together other prominent pro-lifers such as Fr. Frank Pavone, Dr. Jack Willke, and Norma McCorvey.

My runner up? The late Cong. Henry Hyde.

Posted by: Billy Valentine at December 29, 2007 9:08 PM

I predict: the entire fallout from these charges against Tiller will not be enough to put him out of business.

Posted by: SoMG at December 30, 2007 2:10 AM

Give David the Lifetime ProLifer award. We need THIS YEAR's winner.

Posted by: Brewser at December 30, 2007 2:13 AM

Oh yeah... and I vote for the Prez. Thank you.

Posted by: Brewser at December 30, 2007 2:14 AM

John M,

In it's simplest form?

"Forgive us OUR sins as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

In other words, He will treat us with exactly the same amount of mercy as we have treated our brethern...

Unless Zeke has perfected herself (in which case, she doesn't need God), then she is going to be in for a shock when He forgives her the way she forgave others...which is not at all.

Wake up call!

Posted by: mk at December 30, 2007 6:08 AM

LOL!! Sandi actually thinks that Fred Thompson should win pro-lifer of the year? The same Fred Thompson who opposes a federal human life amendment and lobbied for a pro-abortion group in the past?

HOW LAUGHABLE!!

Posted by: zeke13:19 at December 30, 2007 3:28 PM

LOL!! Zeke actually thinks that anyone cares about her opinion on this subject!

HOW LAUGHABLE!

Posted by: Bethany at December 30, 2007 6:12 PM

Now, in seriousness, Zeke...people would actually take the time to listen to your points if you could speak them with humility. One may actually AGREE with your point of view, but will never want to say so as long as you are being a prideful, arrogant jerk.

"And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

Posted by: Bethany at December 30, 2007 6:16 PM

Doug gets my vote.
    For his words on abortion.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet,as to be purchased at the price of the abortionist? I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a decision to kill, or give me death!"
    Those words were written after Doug had consumed a tawny port wine in celebration of George of the abortion jungle, who always decides, death is the only decision in his jungle.

Posted by: ylllas at December 31, 2007 4:39 AM

Brian Rohrbough would get my vote.

He's one of the leaders of the personhood effort. They're showing that any law that ends "and then you can kill the baby" is the wrong way to end murder.

Posted by: Emily R. at December 31, 2007 1:46 PM

Brian Rohrbough gets my Vote. He has put personhood at the forefront in the battle to save innocent babies.

Posted by: Michael Amatuzzo at January 1, 2008 8:36 AM

Brian Rohrbough

Posted by: Amy Shamblin at January 1, 2008 10:45 AM

Bethany said:

"Now, in seriousness, Zeke...people would actually take the time to listen to your points if you could speak them with humility."

Yet more evidence that emotionally driven girls should not be moderators of anything or be allowed on the board of a group or as the head of any group or organization - because they are soooo overly concerned with how someone says something that they no longer care about the actual content of what is said.

Its a huge, mindless copout that the anti-intellectual love to use so they don't have to respond to good points.

Posted by: zeke13:19 at January 1, 2008 4:06 PM

Did someone say Fred Thompson? This is the vote for best pro-lifer, not the best pro-choicer. Thompson isn't even pro-life -- he advocates keeping abortion legal, simply limted and regulated. He doesn't even qualify to be on this "ballot."

I wholeheartedly vote for Brian Rohrbough! He is one of the very few in the pro-life movement who has powerfully spoken on the national level to leadership and a vision to end abortion in America. Rather than arguing over *how* to kill unborn babies legally, as National Right to Life, Bush and most of the presidential candidates do... rather than taking the Stephen Douglas position on abortion as many others do (Ron Paul, Mitt Romney and right up until he ran for president, Huckabee too)... Brian Rohrbough has been a vocal leader in the personhood movement (emphatically opposed by NRTL) that would categorically end legal abortion in America.

Posted by: TheGraphite at January 2, 2008 10:29 AM

I vote for David Bereit, 40 Days For Life, and his ability to clearly unite the pro-life community across multiple boundries. Thanks be to God for David and his family! Through David and 40 Days for Life, we are seeing the "beginning of the end of abortion" across America!

I would also add, Michelle McIntyre, Everett 40 Days for Life. Thank you, Michelle and Perry!

Posted by: Ed Mohs at January 3, 2008 1:06 PM

David Bereit, I met him during the 40 Days for Life, he is tireless, touring the nation, with his lovely wife and children, while keeping thousands of us motivated through his blog posts. Not enough to call him pro-life blogger of the year, I say David should be Huckabee's running mate for Vice-President!

Posted by: Leticia Velasquez at January 5, 2008 1:34 AM