Top 10 reasons Obama voted against the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act

obama%20and%20baby.jpgHere are the top 10 reasons Barack Obama has variously stated why he voted against Illinois' Born Alive Infant Protection Act when state senator....

10. Babies who survive their abortions are not protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution. Speaking against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act on the IL Senate floor on March 30, 2001, Obama, the sole verbal opponent to the bill stated:

... I just want to suggest... that this is probably not going to survive constitutional scrutiny.

Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we're really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a - child, a nine-month-old - child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place.

I mean, it - it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute. For that purpose, I think it would probably be found unconstitutional.

9. A ban to stop aborted babies from being shelved to die would be burdensome to their mothers. She alone should decide whether her baby lives or dies. Before voting "no" for a 2nd time in the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 5, 2002, Obama stated:

What we are doing here is to create one more burden on women, and I can't support that.

During a speech at Benedictine University in October 2004, Obama said, according to the Illinois Leader, that "the decision concerning a baby should be left to a woman, but that he does not see himself as supportive of abortion."

8. Wanting to stop live aborted babies from being shelved to die was all about politics. During that same speech at Benedictine University, Obama said, according to the Illinois Leader, "the bill was unnecessary in Illinois and was introduced for political reasons."

7. There was no proof. Also during the Benedictine University speech, Obama said, according to the Illinois Leader, that "there was no documentation that hospitals were actually doing what was alleged in testimony presented before him in committee."

6. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a doctor's prerogative. An Obama spokesman told the Chicago Tribune in August 2004 that Obama voted against Born Alive because it included provisions that "would have taken away from doctors their professional judgment when a fetus is viable."

5. Anyway, doctors don't do that. Obama told the Chicago Sun-Times in October 2004 he opposed Born Alive because "physicians are already required to use life-saving measures when fetuses are born alive during abortions."

4. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a religious issue. During their U.S. Senate competition, Alan Keyes famously said:

Christ would not stand idly by while an infant child in that situation died.... Christ would not vote for Barack Obama, because Barack Obama has voted to behave in a way that it is inconceivable for Christ to have behaved.

Obama has always mischaracterized Keyes' rationale for condemning Obama by implying Keyes was simply making a statement against Obama's pro-abortion position, which is untrue. Keyes pointedly stated he was condemning Obama for his support of infanticide.

Nevertheless, live birth abortion must be included in the list of procedures Obama condones. Obama responded first to Keyes by saying, as quoted in his July 10, 2006, USA Today op ed:

... [W]e live in a pluralistic society, and that I can't impose my religious views on another.

obama%20family.jpg3. Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal principle. In the same USA Today piece, Obama said he reflected on that first answer, decided it was a "typically liberal response," and revised it:

... But my opponent's accusations nagged at me.... If I am opposed to abortion for religious reasons but seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all.

2. Sinking Born Alive was simply about political oneupsmanship. Obama has this quote on his website:

Pam Sutherland, the president and CEO of the Illinois Planned Parenthood Council, told ABC News, "We worked with him specifically on his strategy. The Republicans were in control of the Illinois Senate at the time. They loved to hold votes on 'partial birth' and 'born alive'. They put these bills out all the time... because they wanted to pigeonhole Democrats...."

And the #1 reason Obama voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act was:

1. The IL Born Alive Infant Protection Act was a ploy to undercut Roe v. Wade. During a debate against Keyes in October 2004, Obama stated:

Now, the bill that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade.... At the federal level, there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have voted for that bill.

This was an out-and-out lie. The definition of "born alive" in the federal and Illinois versions were identical. The only difference came in paragraph (c), which was originally identical in both versions but changed on the federal level.

Illinois' paragraph (c): A live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.

Federal paragraph (c): Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny, expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being "born alive" as defined in this section.

When the senator sponsoring the IL bill tried to amend IL's paragraph (c), Amendment 1 below, to be the same as the federal paragraph (c), Barack Obama himself, as chairman of the committee hearing the bill, refused, and he then also killed the bill (click to enlarge).

Comments:

I hate this guy.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:20 AM

Ha. I was just going to write how much I love this guy. He's amazing. Hail the Chief and God Bless America, we'll have a great man as President in 12 short months.

Posted by: Hal at January 10, 2008 10:29 AM

you wish.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:30 AM

What makes him so amazing? Is it because he supports your beloved abortion cause?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:31 AM

Thought a good Christian wasn't supposed to hate. Once again, such a hypocrite!

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 10:33 AM

Martin, what makes you think I'm a Christian?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:34 AM

I might be agnostic. Why did you just assume?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:34 AM

I don't give a crap what you are. God does not teach hate!

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 10:36 AM

What are you?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:37 AM

Excuse me? If you didn't give a cr*p, then why did you say anything to me at all? It's just an opinion.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:38 AM

"My leaning toward Obama has a lot to do with his even temperament, his ability to listen, his powerful persuasive faculties and his judgment. Those are the qualities I look for in a president."-- Andrew Sullivan, daily dish.

Posted by: Hal at January 10, 2008 10:40 AM

Hey have you heard the latest? Donations for Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood are at record levels and thru the roof! Looks like their whole plan is blowing up in their faces! Bet you guys weren't informed of that.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 10:45 AM

hal, you like him because he's pro abortion.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:51 AM

By the way, (and this might surprise you) I'd vote for Obama even if he was pro-life. Since I believe abortion will never be illegal in the U.S., his position on abortion is really way down the list for me. I could never vote for Rudy, even though he agrees with me (sort of) on abortion.

Abortion is not the big issue for me, or most Americans. Right to Choose is pretty secure and everything is working fairly well.

Posted by: Hal at January 10, 2008 10:51 AM

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 10:45 AM------------- What is your point, and which side are you on?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:52 AM

Martin, please clarify. You seem angry.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:53 AM

I understood Martin's point to be that the demonstrations were not only rude, but counter-productive. They have motivated the pro-choice community to action.

Ok, my friends, i'll check back later when I get that "feeling" that Hisman is lurking around.

Posted by: Hal at January 10, 2008 10:54 AM

hal, are you also Martin? Aren't you Gary at times?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:56 AM

odd. Martin disappeared as soon as hal did. I knew I was right!;]

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 10:58 AM

sorry, check your ISP info. I'm not martin. Just me. But I do have to run, cya.

Posted by: Hal at January 10, 2008 11:01 AM

lol. yeah.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:02 AM

"I don't give a crap what you are. God does not teach hate!"

So, abortion isn't hate? LOL!!!

Posted by: rosie at January 10, 2008 11:08 AM

Rosie, right! I loved your quote the other day!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:10 AM

Hal -

I'd be voting for Obama if he was Pro Life too. Just as I will be voting for John McCain, who IS pro-life, if Obama does not get the democratic nod.

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 11:13 AM

I hate evil.

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:15 AM

Hi Carla!!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:17 AM

Hi Heather!! :)

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:20 AM

Heather- and who is it that is assuming now? No, I am not Hal also! I left the computer for 30 minutes, SO GUESS WHAT....YOUR WRONG!! Apparently, your not that bright.
Hal-Thank goodness your a wise man!

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 11:26 AM

Why are you all so worked up about Obama all of a sudden, when the guy you elected, Bush, has had seven years, including at least five with a Republican controlled congress, and has done nothing for you except install a couple of anti-civil-rights Supreme Court justices and thrown you a few crumbs in the form of denying funding here and there in foreign aid and such? Bush played you. He talked his religious game and got you all to vote for him...TWICE...and then turned around and gave you squat. And he incurred record deficits and turned the economy into a train wreck in the process. That's leadership!

Posted by: Ray at January 10, 2008 11:26 AM

Actually Rosie, abortion is legal. I agree will Hal, it will always be legal.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 11:28 AM

Martin, stop acting like such a big baby! Explain yourself. You started it.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:28 AM

Hal is not a wise man.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:29 AM

Ray-I completely agree with you! It's amazing how these people think that there is some sort of governmental and corporate conspiracy about not informing people about abortion, when in all actuality their "leaders" are using the those tactics on them by lying and misinforming them of what their actions are really doing for their movement.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 11:31 AM

Ray, the only person who is "worked up" here is Martin.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:32 AM

Hi again Heather.
I read this yesterday and thought it was awesome!
God is raising up the men!

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:32 AM

Sorry try this.

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:33 AM

Tsk,tsk Heather, it's obvious you are rather immature, your response SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 11:34 AM

Carla, thank you so much. I'll read it in a second:]

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:35 AM

Martin, grow up. You still haven't said a thing.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:36 AM

Carla, thank you so much. Awesome link. How true it is. We tend to forget about the fathers.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:39 AM

So what do you think of the record levels of donations in Denver, in response to what the protesters seem to think as "successful"? You, as well as these poor puppets in Denver, obviously have not been informed of what their actions are really doing for the facility. Of course not, Will Duffy and Bob Enyart believe they should keep the TRUTH from them.

Posted by: Marin at January 10, 2008 11:39 AM

Carla,

What's the relationship like between you and your mom and sister since your 'conversion'?

Posted by: carder at January 10, 2008 11:41 AM

Martin, can you provide a link? I haven't heard about this.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:41 AM

Carla, I am also curious.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:42 AM

back to the argument that somehow what men want is more important than what women want - if a MAN expects a woman to continue a pregnancy why in the world should SHE have a single thing to say about it?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 11:43 AM

I hate evil.

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:15 AM
**********************
The antichoice attitude towards women is evil.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 11:44 AM

Of course you haven't. I'm pertinent to some very important information. So much of it that if you all knew you'd run away with your tails between your legs. That is why Will Duffy and Bob Enyart CHOOSE to not tell the truth.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 11:46 AM

I havent made up my opinion on Obama yet...

I havent had the time to research on him completely, but some of things I've heard, have me a little worried (granted, I wont know for sure until I look for myself).

Anyhoo,

And I agree with Hal and Amanda. I'll vote for a PL President if I agree with his stance on other, more important issues.

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 11:47 AM

Martin, I have asked you to post proof of your claim. Can you do it?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:50 AM

Martin, where is your proof?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 11:51 AM

I haven't seen my family in 6 years. I could no longer bring my children into that nastiness. I didn't say in so many words that I would never see them again. I just didn't not pursue them anymore and I knew they wouldn't pursue me. It was the culmination of a lifetime of rejection for me and God has blessed me with a wonderful church family. I pray about them quite a bit. I did get a Christmas card last year from my sister....a miracle in itself. :)

TexasRed,
Evil is Evil. God hates evil. God hates sin. So do I. You have an opinion that my attitude against women is evil when in fact I love all people. I just don't have to agree with them.
You will not draw me into some long lengthy debate. Not up for it and what purpose does it serve really? You seem to hate me and my attitude. Why is that ok? Or am I wrong in assuming that you hate all prolifers? I don't hate you. I don't even know you.

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:56 AM

>The one thing that bothers me the most is part of his education (I heard about). Apparently, he was educated by some extremeist (think Bin Laden) Muslin. Now, like I said, I dont know if this true or not. But that bothers me a tid bit.

That stuff was completely debunked. A camera crew visited the school he attended in Indonesia. It is a public grade school. No mullahs, no chanting verses from the Koran, just school.

www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

Posted by: Ray at January 10, 2008 12:11 PM

Martin, I guess you just made that up.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 12:12 PM

Midnite -

The story about the "extremist" Muslim school was a BS story. It was debunked by CNN, and the writers who originally reported it ended up with egg on their faces when reporters actually WENT to the school to prove it was a false report.

see also:

Just as a side note, Zanzibar, the island off of Tanzania I spent quite a bit of time on when I was there, is predominantly Muslim. I visited several schools when I was there, several of which were called "madrasas" by the people there. However, several of these were pre schools, and many were quite progressive. If you look through my pictures, you'll see one of a small Muslim girl holding a bright pink and multicolored stripe purse with a big grin on her face - the teachers and students were all incredibly friendly, even knowing I was American. A lot of them asked me questions about going to college, Michael Jackson, and going to the movies. A far cry from the stereotype that comes to mind of madrassa as a militant terrorist-training school. Though I know those DO exist.

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 12:12 PM

Thanks Ray.

Like I said, I have not had time to research him myself, and that is one thing I heard.

Thanks for the tip though...

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 12:13 PM

Thank you Amanda. I will read those tonight when I get home from school.

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 12:23 PM

Barack Obama,

what kind of creature are you?

Posted by: jasper at January 10, 2008 12:36 PM

jasper, lol!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 12:40 PM

And what are you Jasper?

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 12:44 PM

I'm a puppy dog Midnite, can't you tell by my name?

Posted by: jasper at January 10, 2008 12:47 PM

hahaha cute.

Although, I think puppies are more lovable and nicer than you are (at times)...

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 12:53 PM

Once again Heather, your post SPEAKS VOLUMES about your immaturity and lack of education. I was leading a meeting, had to leave the site for a while. As I stated before, I have PERTINENT information about the protests in Denver. What that means is that I have precise and/or logical relevance to the matter at hand. Of course it's not shared with you, nobody hands over PERTINENT information to loose cannons.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 12:59 PM

MARTIN, then PROVE it!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:03 PM

Martin, without proof, you are just a fibber.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:05 PM

Hey Martin -

Thats a lame cop out.

Ladies -

What I believe he is referring to is the fact that whenever a pro-life organization stages a protest like the one in Denver, PP sents out an email for a "protest-a-thon" of sorts, where donors pledge to give a certain amount of money per day or per protester.

Usually because things like protesting outside of PEOPLES HOMES tend to get most sane people pretty riled up, it leads to a significant spike in donations/donors. Which is why I dont get why they persist in running protests like these - not only does it get publicity that is 99% negative (even most of you have to admit this blog is a bit of a bubble compared to most media outlets), it also ends up being counter productive, and makes it harder for more middle-of-the line types to identify with the pro life agenda.

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 1:08 PM

Amanda, thank you for throwin me a bone on that one.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:10 PM

Martin, where is your info?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:13 PM

Martin, time is up. You couldn't support your claim. You had no info.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:28 PM

Heather,

Why do you egg him on? He's just trolling and here to stir things up. If he really has something to say, he'll say it. If he doesn't, then ignoring him will cause him to go away. He wants attention. You're giving him attention...

Now repeat after me..."Martin Who? I don't know anyone named Martin..." ;)

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 1:35 PM

MK, he was egging me on too.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:39 PM

Okay, dropping it at once!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 1:41 PM

While people may be donating to the Denver PP cause..the protestors have also gotten people to QUIT the project. You can have all the money in the world, but if people keep quitting on you, good luck. I don't really think those big PP CEO's no how to do construction, or they wouldn't hire other people to do it.

And as far as Barack Obama is concerned...I was already not voting for him based on other things about him I don't like..but this is just the icing on the cake. Wolf in sheep's clothing I tell you folks.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 10, 2008 1:44 PM

Man, this is total BS.

Every single school in the Birmingham City/Jefferson County area are closed. But UAB refuses to cancel classes this evening. We're under a severe tornado watch (i.e. an F5 is likely) and they expect us to go downtown and RISK our lives to attend class?!?!

Last year a school remained open during a storm like this and a tornado hit it, killing almost 15 students under the age of 17. That School was sued for a wrongful death suit, and lost.

GOD, I AM PISSED OFF.

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 1:48 PM

Midnite,

What would happen if you just didn't go? Can you make it up? If not, bring an umbrella?

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 1:52 PM

Amanda-you are right! EXCEPT for the fact that PP did NOT send out an email this time, they didn't have to. The difference is that they are not just protesting in front of the clinic, they crossed a line and have gone to people's homes and resorted to harassment and intimidation tactics towards sub-contractors. Their thinking was that if they went to peoples homes, it would upset the neighbors so much that they would then go to their neighbor and ask them to stop the project. This has done the EXACT opposite! It has strengthened communities and neighborhoods, it has now even driven the donations to RECORD levels. Therefore, PP didn't have to do any sort of marketing to get the donations, the FANATICS in Denver did it for them.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 1:53 PM

TexasRed,

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 11:56 AM
*****************************
Your attitude and the attitude of other antichoicers towards women is evil and hateful and I could even believe it was 'sinful' since it originates in pride and egocentricity - the self centered delsion that you should have the right to demand they 'obey' you. Assuming I have to 'hate' anyone just makes you look idiotic but Ive never met an antichoicer who could deal with the truth very well.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 1:59 PM

MK

The one class that I have tonight, I desprately need. And if I dont show up on the first day, they'll drop me from the roster. And I got the last spot when I registered

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 2:00 PM

If someone is protesting outside your house is it legal to turn a water hose on them?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:01 PM

Midnite,

Sorry then...I guess umbrella it is. Is the tornado warning really in that exact area? That just seems nuts!

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:03 PM

Elizabeth- Your information about getting people to quit, makes me laugh. This is information that Will Duffy and Bob Enyart have FED to their puppets. As far as the security firm that quit the project earlier, he didn't quit the project because he didn't believe in abortion, he quit because he feared for his and his family's lives. He has stated that. The other people have not EVEN been subcontractors. If you all knew a lick about construction and project building, you would realize this. These are all lies that Will Duffy has been feeding to his people, so that they will believe that they are making progress. I state to you know, THERE HAVE BEEN NO SUBCONTRACTORS THAT HAVE QUIT THE PROJECT. There will be no subcontractors that quit the job. Rational people see this for what it is, economic intimidation and harassment! The NRTL and CRTL have referred to this group of people as a rouge group. They are causing SERIOUS damage to the Pro-Life Movement.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:05 PM

Martin, you still haven't provided information on how you know this to be true.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:06 PM

Well - they may not have advertised it as a protest-a-thon like they've done before, but they have indeed been sending out emails about it. I can't tell you how many times I've ended up with Jills weekly article email right above one from Cecile Richards. Its good to take propaganda with a grain of salt and find a middle ground.

It puts me in a tough spot - I disagree with a LOT of the politics of PP. However, when I see the pro life organizations stooping to the levels that that they have, with the contractor protests in particular, it is tempting even for me to donate to PP, just to make a statement.

This sort of behavior only alienates and angers people - it will come to NO good... not for anyone, and sadly, LEAST of all to those who actually need it.

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 2:08 PM

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:01 PM----------- I dunno. Try it, and find out.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:09 PM

MK:

Yes my county (Jefferson) is under a severe tornado watch until 7:00pm tonight.

The school I told you about that got sued last year, was about ten miles southeast of UAB. We were under the same watch, and UAB refused once again to cancel classes.

They feel if the Hospital remains open than so should the school. Which is idiotic b/c the school has nothing to do with the hospital. They're also five blocks away from eachother....

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 2:11 PM

TexasRed- as innocent and funny as that seems, these nut jobs would cry foul, and demand that a police officer arrest you for battery. I've seen some of the dirty work they do and pull. They love to taunt, incite, and instigate, and then can't stand when someone does it back to them.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:12 PM

TexasRed -

If you happen to place a sprinkler on YOUR yard in such a way that it happens to get water all over the people who happen to be standing on your property line, theres not a damn thing they could do about it...other than move.

Honestly though, if that was going on at my house, I'd throw a huge party and make sure all my friends parked right in front of my house. Then I'd have someone bring them hot chocolate and invite them in.

Those types of people feed off of negative energy. If you don't give them any of it, they'll get hungry and head home.

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 2:12 PM

Amanda:

I completely agree with the last two posts you made.

Now I am too school to face the severe weather.

Hope I dont get blown away like Dorthy did.....

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 2:14 PM

TR,
What is my attitude towards women? I love women! All women! Including you!! I am not demanding that anyone obey me. I pray that they obey God. When they don't and kill their own child like I did, I have compassion for them.
I am not assuming you HAVE to hate anyone. Nobody has to hate. I can deal with The Truth. God's Truth. It is the only Truth I know and believe in.
If your "truth" is different than mine, lets hear it. Let's start there.

I am fine with looking idiotic to you. :)

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 2:14 PM

Shhhhhhh Heather...your not supposed to acknowledge me. Shhhhhhhhhh*finger to mouth*

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:15 PM

Texas Red, why would anyone protest at your house?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:15 PM

Says who?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:16 PM

Heather:

Why would ANYONE protest at another persons PRIVATE RESIDENCE?

Posted by: midnite678 at January 10, 2008 2:17 PM

Amanda-you are an itelligent, rational, well spoken woman. I commend that you can see the truth!

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:18 PM

Ummm...Martin,

There seems to be a problem with your CAPS key. You might want to get that fixed.

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:18 PM

Heather...your not real bright are you? Pretty typical, right in one ear and right out the other with people like you. MK told you to not let me egg you on...yoourr nooottt liiistenning verrry welll.

Posted by: martin at January 10, 2008 2:21 PM

Heather,

"Martin Who? Martin Who? Martin Who?"

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:21 PM

martin, thank you for the complement.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:22 PM

Amanda,
I do declare!
I think Martin is flirting with you.
Want I should sic Texas on him?

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:23 PM

Martin who? Well, don't we want to get to know him and convert him?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:23 PM

No...no...no problems here with my CAPS key. Just makes it easier for somepeople to see what is before them.

Posted by: martin at January 10, 2008 2:23 PM

Martin,

Welcome to the site. We haven't had anyone controversial around here to stir things up in, oh about 24 hours.

Seriously,
Welcome. and fix that caps button!

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:24 PM

MK, he is talking to me! What do you expect me to do?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:24 PM

Heather,

LOL...yes but maybe we could start with hello?

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:25 PM

Are we here to debate or not? Who should make the first greeting? Hello there, Martin. Sorry for being so rude.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:26 PM

Martin,

Ahhhhh...well most of us here are under 80 and can see pretty good without our magnifying glasses...But if you feel that you must, carry on.

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 2:26 PM

Posted by: martin at January 10, 2008 2:21 PM
************************
Dang ... I just choked on my ice water and the dogs' looking at me funny ....

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:30 PM

TR, glad you got a laugh at my expense. It's okay. I have tough skin. I'm blowing milk through my nose. So, you say that you are pro woman, but you just found that male to female insult/exchange amusing?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:33 PM

I wonder how you would have reacted had that been directed at you.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:35 PM

So Heather...is it Nestle Quik chocolate milk that you are blowing thru your nose. Are you having it with your PB&J sandwich that your mommy fixed for you also. I would have to DISAGREE with your statement of having thick skin.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:40 PM

why?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:42 PM

Martin,

Could you site some sources for that information please?

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 10, 2008 2:42 PM

Let's review...Heather, uneducated, immature, misinformed, easily influenced...sounds like MK needs to ground you.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:43 PM

Martin, you are the one who is making a fool of yourself. Not me. I'm taking it all in stride. Why are you getting so upset?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:44 PM

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:43 PM-------------- That's what you said about me.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:45 PM

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:09 PM
****************************************
If anyone tries it, I will.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:45 PM

okay.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:47 PM

Actually, I'm just sittin here chillin. I'm amused at the hostility.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:48 PM

TR,
If your "truth" is different than mine, lets hear it. Let's start there.

I am fine with looking idiotic to you. :)

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 2:14 PM
*************************************
The truth is, if you'd killed your child you'd be in jail now. The truth is, nothing about being a christian precludes being pro choice. The truth is, your attitude towards women is anything but 'loving'.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:48 PM

Elizabeth, for which information...the fact that you are an intelligent, rational, well spoken woman, you've already proven that with your statements. Just kiddin' with ya.
Wish I could site some sources for you but like I stated before I am privy to pertinent information about these protests. Just trust me on this. Your logic and thinking that you stated before is very, very true.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:48 PM

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:48 PM----------- The truth is that you are NOT truthful.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:49 PM

Actually, Heather I see more hostility from you than anybody.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:51 PM

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:33 PM
*****************************************
No, I was laughing at his comment to you, specifically. It had nothing at all to do with gender. I would have laughed regardless of 'who' wrote it to you. It just had to do with you and a statement to you which struck me as singularly appropriate.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:52 PM

Martin, where is this top secret information? *rubs hand together producing much friction* LOL! As if you've got any.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:52 PM

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:52 PM

--------- Nice try. I'm not that stupid.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:53 PM

I wonder how you would have reacted had that been directed at you.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:35 PM
********************************
Given your numerous comments towards me, you know exactly how I respond to an insult. In your case, I laugh because even your attempts to insult are incompetent.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:54 PM

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:12 PM
*******************
From what I've seen and read, you are exactly right. But if you turn on your sprinkler system and they happen to get wet its going to be no ones fault but their own.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:55 PM

Haha, Martin...I would love to trust you on this..but I don't know you and it is the internet..so I assume if you can't give me any sources for this information, that you just don't have them.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 10, 2008 2:56 PM

TR, you aren't too bright either.

Posted by: Joe at January 10, 2008 2:56 PM

Umm Heather, I am not upset, because I know the truth about what is taking place in Denver. OY...talking with you makes one lose brain cells, because your SOOOOOO unedumacated.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:57 PM

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:49 PM
**********************************************
Thats a lie. And that makes YOU untruthful.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:57 PM

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:52 PM

--------- Nice try. I'm not that stupid.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 2:53 PM
**************************************
That is definitely a matter of perception, and you've done nothing to convince me to the contrary.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:58 PM

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 2:57 PM------------- Okay. No more time will be wasted on you. Moving on.

Posted by: Joe at January 10, 2008 2:59 PM

TR, you aren't too bright either.

Posted by: Joe at January 10, 2008 2:56 PM
****************************************
According to whom? Someone significant, I mean?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 2:59 PM

hahahahahahaha. I got you. You are so easily insulted!!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:00 PM

God guys....

Good news, I made it class w/o being blown away (although you are too busy insulting eachother to notice me at the moment)....

And it is thundering/lightening up a storm out there...

Posted by: midnite678 Author Profile Page at January 10, 2008 3:02 PM

Let's be real Elizabeth...I can respect your not wanting to trust me due to the fact that we are conversing via internet. The best way to describe it is it's kinda like The President...he has buckets of information in regards to terrorist factions, but yet only a little information can be given out, but the whole truth cannot, because he is privy to this information that cannot be released as of yet.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:02 PM

hello midnite!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:03 PM

TexasRed, try to actually debate topics instead of people please.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 3:04 PM

We lived in Colorado Springs 79 - 81, then Longmont from 85 to 89 with a side trip to New York for just over a year. Ex moved back to Colorado Springs after our divorce. The attitude in Colorado has changed pretty significantly since we first lived there. People were fairly open minded and liberal when we lived in Colorado Springs. Now some of the attitudes are akin to the deep south.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:04 PM

TexasRed, try to actually debate topics instead of people please.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 3:04 PM
****************************
And your admonition to Heather to do the same thing is where?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:05 PM

wow. The human being emerges.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:06 PM

I will do it when you do the same.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:07 PM

I am willing to debate you civilly.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:08 PM

Midnite,

I am glad you made it to school safely! My school does crap like that all the time. I remember driving to school once fearing for my life the whole time.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 10, 2008 3:10 PM

TR
My attitude towards women is anything but loving.
Huh?
Hi Bethany!

Posted by: Carla at January 10, 2008 3:11 PM

TexasRed, try to actually debate topics instead of people please.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 3:04 PM
********************
Bethany, where is your admonition to Heather?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:13 PM

I am willing to debate you civilly.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:08 PM
***********************************************
Youve given me absolutely no reason to believe that.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:15 PM

TR, please calm down. I'm sure Bethany would like for me to do the same, but you are always so upset.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:15 PM

Yeah, and more bad weather is heading our way, and guess what?

School is still on....

Posted by: midnite678 Author Profile Page at January 10, 2008 3:15 PM

So, I am willing to begin again.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:16 PM

*****MOOD LIGHTENER ALERT******

I just put the deposit on my tour of Southern Spain and Morocco. I'm 100 times more excited than I was when I bought the plane tickets. Who would have ever thought I'd be so excited about spending tons of money?!?!

Im giddy!!!!!

Here is what you all will be seeing pictures of when I return at the end of April:

(runs away to start counting the days)

Posted by: Amanda at January 10, 2008 3:16 PM

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:15 PM
*****************************************
Back to your lies - why do you need to lie about me?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:17 PM

Where?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:19 PM

If Texans got bent out of shape every time we had a tornado warning or alert we'd never get anything done during 'storm season' - unless you actually see the twister touch down you usually dont think much about it at all.

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:20 PM

My friend lives in Joshua Texas.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:21 PM

TR, do you know where that is?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:23 PM

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:15 PM
*****************************************
Back to your lies - why do you need to lie about me?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:17 PM

Where?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:19 PM
***********************************************
And you try to pretend you cant understand why I dont take you seriously and think you routinely look like an idiot -

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:23 PM

Because she is an idiot.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:25 PM

Are you some sort of a rabid animal? What the heck is the matter with you??

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:25 PM

Martin is a trouble maker.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:28 PM

My friend lives in Joshua Texas.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:21 PM

TR, do you know where that is?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:23 PM
**********************************
Small place - not too awfully far from Ft Worth -Johnson County, I think?

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:28 PM

oops, that was meant for marty

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:29 PM

Martin is a trouble maker.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:28 PM
*****************************************
Talk about a classic example of someone with NO room to talk - you are a very sooty pot commenting on the color of a kettle

Posted by: TexasRed at January 10, 2008 3:30 PM

TR,

Considering the fact that Alabama has the 5th most fatalities from Tornados and we're 4th on most destructive storms, I say I have a right to be worried.

Thanks for the concern though

Posted by: midnite678 Author Profile Page at January 10, 2008 3:30 PM

Not making trouble, just stating facts, based on all your posts.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:31 PM

TR, actually, I'm just really stuck up.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:31 PM

Not making trouble, just stating facts, based on all your posts.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:31 PM------------ ROFLMAO. You haven't posted a single fact.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:32 PM

Geez Heather...you really are dumb aren't you? Let me explain to you in Layman's terms. You are the one that is showing to everyone, by what YOU are saying and how YOU are responding to people that you are uneducated and immature. Simple enough for you?

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:49 PM

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:49 PM--------------- Can't stop laughing. Where?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 3:55 PM

Apparently, you didn't fair very well in your Language Arts/English classes, you can't seem to follow a story. You made your comments, not I. Maybe you need to go back to the pole dancing...Heather is a stripper name isn't it?

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 3:59 PM

*slams on breaks*

Come on, dude, that's TOTALLY uncalled for.

Posted by: Erin at January 10, 2008 4:00 PM

I concur with Erin on that one.

Posted by: midnite678 Author Profile Page at January 10, 2008 4:02 PM

Erin, thank you. Marty, Heather is a stripper's name? I guess it could be. What is your point?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:04 PM

No point, just asking a question?

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 4:05 PM

Thanks girls!!

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:06 PM

Wow, Heather..you must be pretty hot to be a stripper.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 10, 2008 4:10 PM

Sorry, we have a storm coming and I have to get in the storm pit. I'll talk more later.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 4:11 PM

Elizabeth, this guy is assuming. he is probably a pervo.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:12 PM

You know, I have a good friend who strips. She's not the most beautiful thing in the world, but she's SO confident. That's what makes her so attractive.

Posted by: Erin at January 10, 2008 4:13 PM

Erin, i know women who are have done the same. what is wrong with this nut ball?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:15 PM

*shrugs* It's a troll. He'll probably go away.

Posted by: Erin at January 10, 2008 4:21 PM

Marty is the name of a gay dancer. Are you?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:21 PM

Erin, sorry. I had to stoop one last time.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:22 PM

Actually Heather, you all have made my point beautifully! So what has happened is that I insult and harrass, and try to intimidate you, and everyone thinks that's not okay. I agree, it's the same thing with all of the contractors and subcontractors in Denver that are being insulted, harassed and intimidated over the project they are CONTRACTED to build. It's NOT OKAY for Will Duffy, Bob Enyart and the rest of their rogue group to do this to these people in their homes.

Posted by: Martin at January 10, 2008 4:47 PM

Martin, you haven't proven anything. Shut up. Go way.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 4:51 PM

Sorry Texas Red, I thought I was responding you in the the other topic when I asked you to be civil. I was in the middle of paying more attention to the weather than the blog (we had a tornado a little bit ago and I had to go to the storm pit for a while).

The timing for me to say that in this thread would have been better if I had brought it up when you attacked Carla for no good reason. She has given you absolutely no reason for you to attack her, and I think you should stop.

Now, let's all try to debate like adults, please.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 5:37 PM

And that "all" is directed to everyone, pro-life or pro-abortion.

Posted by: Bethany at January 10, 2008 5:38 PM

Hal, why do you want a man who supports infanticide as President? In what way does throwing babies under the bus qualify him?

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 5:42 PM

It's sickening that ANYBODY can look at a LIVE BABY that's lying in front of them and say, "Oh. A pathology specimen. Let's send it to the lab." And here are people -- at least I assume you're people -- saying just that. That if a woman wants her baby dead, then by golly she's 100% entitled to a dead baby, even if the baby is in a pan and not in her uterus.

You can no longer pretend that it has squat to do with "controlling her body" or "ending the pregnancy" once you're supporting snuffing it even after it's born.

What makes you people hate babies so much?

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 5:46 PM

TexasRed, what does saying, "If it's born alive, it's a baby" have to do with hating women?"

Who are you, President of the Susan Smith Fan Club, that any woman who wants her kid dead is entitled to a dead kid, even if the baby in question is no longer in her uterus?

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 5:48 PM

How about the "Amy Grossberg" Fan Club?

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 5:51 PM

Amanda,

I LOVE CAMELS!!!!

Midnite,

After you told me about the tornadoes I went on the weather channel...they said this line of storms could be "historical"...are you okay?

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 5:51 PM

How about "The Melissa Drexler" fan club??

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 5:52 PM

Christians in here, please pray for me. The gloating quality of the abortion advocates is getting to me today. Probably that Vogue thing touched it off "JOYRIDE!" they label an abortion story. See the Happy Mommy? Why is she so happy? Because her baby is dead! Dead babies make Nice Mommies happy! We need more dead babies! Vote for Choice!

And here we have the "I don't care if it's outside her body, she wants it DEAD. And everybody knows that Nice Mommies prefer dead babies!" crew.

Feel the LOVE!

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 5:54 PM

Christina, they aren't good mothers!! They wish! My friend seems to think she's "mom of the year." She had an abortion between the birth of 2nd and 3rd child. I hear her rattle on about what a "great mom" she is. I always feel like interjecting "Well, you are a baby killer." just cannot help it.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 6:01 PM

The truth is, nothing about being a christian precludes being pro choice.

That's about the most blasphemous thing anybody can say. Abortion is the antethetical to Christianity. To say you can be Christian and still support abortion is like saying you can be a mammalian fish. The two are mutually exclusive.

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 6:02 PM

heather, a woman can have had an abortion and still be a good mom to the kids they don't abort. Maybe she compartmentalizes. Maybe she repented. Maybe she was acting on bad advice and trusted teh wrong people. If you never see the baby, you can pretend it wasn't real, and divorce the part of you that had Baby A put to death from the part of you that tries to be a good mom to Baby B.

It's the "HAVING AN ABORTION MAKES OU A GOOD MOM" mentality that's grating on my nerves today.

The "dead baby equals happy mommy" Vogue thing. The "See how happy she is? This moment of total MomJoy brought to you by Partial Birth Abortion! It whitens! It brightens! It gets out tough stains fast!"

Posted by: Christina at January 10, 2008 6:08 PM

Unless they repent.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 6:08 PM

Martin,

You're point was made. I see what you were trying to do, but honestly, you picked the wrong group. It was kind of like preachin' to the choir. Most of the people on this thread at this time agree with you. But I give you an A for creativity!

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 6:10 PM

Christina, this woman KNEW what she was doing. Most of them DO. Don't be fooled.

Posted by: heather at January 10, 2008 6:13 PM

Christina,

Where did someone say nothing about being a christian precludes being pro choice?

That is absurd!

And I know what you mean. With all of the insults, the fight yesterday, these posts today...sometimes it just feels like we're alone.

You gotta wonder how many hoops a person can jump through to believe something before the truth finally gets through.

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 6:15 PM

Christina,

I haven't gotten to that post yet...I have the feeling I'm going to be sick...

Posted by: mk at January 10, 2008 6:16 PM

February 5th primary here, Im gearing up, waiting for the call saying they want me to go door to door, and Im hoping to be holding a sign supporting Obama at my towns polling place come the primary.

Go Barack!

Posted by: Dan at January 10, 2008 6:33 PM

Dan,

how would you vote on the Born Alive Infant Protection Act?

Posted by: jasper at January 10, 2008 7:41 PM

Honestly, I dont know.

Havent looked at it, read it, etc.

Id have to read ALL of it, not just what one portion of it would do, from which it takes its name.

No politician is perfect for any one person,btw. I do have disagreements with some of Obama's stances, but I think he is the best candidate to represent me and point America in the direction I believe is the correct one.

Posted by: Dan at January 10, 2008 8:02 PM

Hm. "Heather" is a stripper name? Fascinating.

Posted by: Heather B. at January 10, 2008 8:13 PM

I recommend everyone visit http://www.ontheissues.org if they are unsure who they want to vote for, they have the stances of candidates on nigh everything.

Posted by: Dan at January 10, 2008 8:16 PM

Posted by: Ray at January 10, 2008 10:20 PM

"Havent looked at it, read it, etc."

Ok, it's right at the top of the post Dan.

then can you answer this:

If a baby was aborted and after the abortion he/she was alive, does that baby deserve the rights of any other person? should that baby recieve medical care?

Posted by: jasper at January 10, 2008 10:33 PM

Ray: On the subject of hosing down protestors, I'd like to point out that it might be illegal in communities with a watering ban due to drought conditions...

Ha! Ray, LOL and I almost never say that.

Posted by: Doug at January 11, 2008 9:11 AM

MK, please don't let it get you "down." Stuff is just going to happen. I know you know it already, but I applaud your efforts and it's impossible to please everybody.

So many things can make for a "fight." Online, we don't hear voice inflection or see body language. Over the years, many times I've seen things start rather innocently, but it ends up being like a ping-pong ball batted back and forth between two people, each time a little harder. Finally somebody throws a paddle.

Posted by: Doug at January 11, 2008 9:16 AM

Dan,

Great Link! Thanks.

Doug,

Thanks. Strangely, it's the pro choice side that has really rallied. I appreciate that. You guys have proven, once again, that you're not monsters...

Posted by: mk at January 11, 2008 11:25 AM

Heh - "strangely." Well, I'm a pretty strange guy.

Posted by: Doug at January 11, 2008 7:11 PM

Strangely, strangely, Ernest Angley.

This old boy is up in Heather's and my neck of the woods. I often fly out of the lil' ol' Akron-Canton airport, south of Cleveland, and one day there was a Boeing 747 sitting there.

Whoa! I didn't even know they could land at that airport. Asked an airline employee what was the deal, and it was Ernie's plane. Hoo-Aah, the old boy's done well.

It costs around $170,000.00 to fill one of those bad boys up one time.

He's over 86 years old. That's not his real hair.

Posted by: Doug at January 11, 2008 7:28 PM

Jill,
Thank you! Thank you for speaking for those who are not allowed to speak for themselves.
Keep up the fight--you are making a difference!

Posted by: Kendall at January 12, 2008 8:22 PM