(Prolifer)ations 7-11-08

Thumbnail image for blog buzz.jpgby Colleen W.

On the blogs and elsewhere today...

• Forest Nymph reports a young disabled woman in Milan may be dehydrated to death. She has been in a coma for 16 years, and her father thinks it's high time to pull her feeding tube.

• Additionally, Nymph links to a CNS News article reporting "Black Churches Gather to Promote 'Reproductive Choice'" at Howard University in DC...

[Baptist Pastor Carlton W.] Veazey said he disagrees with statistics cited by black church leaders who oppose abortion, which say that African-Americans represent 13% of the U.S. population, but 36% of the abortions performed annually.

Rejecting these statistics, Veazy is apparently exercising his right to choose to ignore truth?

• In other news, Planned Parenthood is shutting down its Huntsville, AL office. An interesting response on the American Life League blog:

Back in 2007, this facility stopped committing medical and surgical abortions, and now it is completely closed. This leaves AL with only two PP facilities.

PP claims that there wasn't enough public funding to keep it open....

Last year, it received $336,700,000 from taxpayers, but what else would PP say about a clinic closure? It certainly wouldn't give any credit to the active pro-lifers who were out in front of the clinic protesting and witnessing every week!

• Finally, Monica Miller, Citizens for a Pro-LIfe Society director, sent an update to a previous post by Jill:

Today I received notice... that our video of... abortion clinic bio-hazard waste and the remains of the aborted babies found in their trash dumpster has been removed from YouTube!

no longer available.jpg

This was a movie CPLS took on the evening of April 12, 2008, as we searched through the trash dumpster of the Women's Advisory abortion clinic located in Livonia, MI. This is a very important pro-life video because it showed the TRUTH about abortion in a way no other abortion-related video has ever done.

YouTube said the video was removed because it violated their "community guidelines." No other explanation was given. I emailed You Tube and requested an explanation. My hunch is that the video was removed because it shows the actual remains of the aborted babies (just as we took them out of the trash dumpster bags!) or pro-abortionists complained and You Tube complied with their wishes. I await a reply!! For now, our Hodari Dumpster Scandal video is still mounted!

• Comments:

Does anyone know how we can contact YouTube to complain?

Posted by: Janet at July 11, 2008 5:19 PM

Yeah, YouTube. No one wants to see images of mangled children.

Or is it...

... blobs of tissue...

in which case, there would be no point in removing the video, would there?

Posted by: Cranky Catholic at July 11, 2008 5:27 PM

WAY TO GO HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA! One more PP bites the dust! PL'rs, let's make sure they don't replace it with a mega-center. God bless you for standing up for Life!

Posted by: Janet at July 11, 2008 5:37 PM

It is not like high school sex ed includeds graphic images of developing babies in the womb or of abortions. So how would a young person know.

Posted by: hippie at July 11, 2008 5:50 PM

The man who was disturbed that his family saw the pictures didn't sound like he knew.

If you haven't visited a slaughter house, can you "know" that it is sanitary and humane?

I invite everyone reading to see with your own eyes what you think you know.

Why is PP so adamant about getting first shot at young people in middle school and high school and get them comfortable with pro abortion, anti baby ideas long before they "know" what abortion really looks like.

Posted by: hippie at July 11, 2008 5:58 PM

My high school biology class covered pregnancy and prenatal development. There were plenty of pictures. I went to a public school.

Perhaps PP wants kids to have sex ed early because they are also having sex early. The NY Times did a writeup of a study showing that one quarter of U.S. high school girls have an STD.

Posted by: DRF at July 11, 2008 6:34 PM

hippie 5:58: I really have a problem with the "women are smart enough to know" notion. No one is "smart enough to know" what they don't know.I invite everyone reading to see with your own eyes what you think you know.

Right, hippie! And with their logic, they are implying "if you aren't so smart and don't know all about abortion, well that's just fine with us. You shouldn't bother your sweet little ol' minds with such things."

Posted by: Janet at July 11, 2008 7:46 PM

Question for pro-aborts;

would you object to showing abortions and aborted unborn babies on TV?

Posted by: Jasper at July 11, 2008 9:27 PM

Jasper, it would be fine as long as people were reasonably warned as to the content. As I would expect with any surgical procedure. There are some surgical procedures on late at night on TLC. I think I saw a breast reduction once.

I remember watching some show, it was just a bunch of comedians talking and they showed a blurred (but still recognizable) clip of "two girls one cup". I think they should have at least flashed a warning first.

P.S. If you haven't already seen it, don't. Do not. It's just not worth it.

Posted by: Jess at July 11, 2008 9:43 PM

"Jasper, it would be fine as long as people were reasonably warned as to the content."

Good, why don't you think they show abortion? They show many other procedures...

Posted by: Jasper at July 11, 2008 10:02 PM

Maybe there are some people who want as many women to have as many abortions as possible. maybe they think by showing the procedure it will turn many women off of having it. I think it would change a few people to be anti-abortion.

Just a few though. I saw several women giving birth on videos, it looked awfully painful and to be honest, really disgusting, but I still think I would want to do it. The shock eventually fades. The same goes for abortion.

Or maybe some people view it as an execution, which is not shown for obvious reasons.

Or maybe no tv station tried to show one, because they think it won't be popular. This is the one I'll go with. If they did show an abortion, who would watch it? Anti-aborts already know abortion isn't a pleasant procedure, and pro-aborts probably don't want to know. Who would take ad time out on that?

Posted by: Jess at July 11, 2008 11:38 PM

Jasper, what would you think if there was a program where a woman takes an abortificant (sp) and aborts, say, a one to four week old unborn baby?
    Four week old:
    One week old:

There aren't any distinguishing human features yet, we can't see DNA. Do you think it would dehumanize an unborn baby? Do you think it would lead to an increase in abortion?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm just curious how you really feel about this issue. I say, show anything on tv. You can always change the channel.

Posted by: Jess at July 11, 2008 11:47 PM

Posted by: Jess at July 11, 2008 11:58 PM

My Mom's trying to talk me into surgery to get an acute bunion removed (I got it from never getting my foot to a doctor after I sprained it) and I saw the same surgery on tv once. I won't have it done though if I have to go under. I just want something local, I want to be awake and aware during the procedure. Do you think any doctor would allow it?

Posted by: Jess at July 12, 2008 12:04 AM

I think just about any surgery on an extremity can be done with local or at worst spinal.

Be sure to watch SCREAM AND SCREAM AGAIN with the great Vincent Price (also Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing) before going in for surgery.

Posted by: SoMG at July 12, 2008 12:21 AM

Posted by: DRF at July 11, 2008 6:34 PM
    DRF, did they cover abortion in sex ed?

Posted by: truthseeker at July 12, 2008 2:25 AM

DRF, If they did not talk about abortion then why not if it just a common women's reproductive health procedure?

Posted by: truthseeker at July 12, 2008 2:29 AM

truthseeker: 2:29: GOOD QUESTION!

Because abortion a dirty little secret. The elephant in the room.

Posted by: Janet at July 12, 2008 8:01 AM

Posted by: Jess at July 12, 2008 12:04 AM

Funny you should mention this Jess! I was asking a colleague who got her bunion removed about 2 years ago and she told me it is very painful. She's had two children natural childbirth and also had a breast removed and she said the bunion operation was the most painful she'd ever endured. The painkillers did nothing for her. She could easily see how people can become addicted. Anyway, just thought you might want to double check around. Her advice, unless you can't walk don't do it!

Posted by: Patricia at July 12, 2008 9:10 AM

"Or maybe no tv station tried to show one, because they think it won't be popular. This is the one I'll go with. If they did show an abortion, who would watch it? Anti-aborts already know abortion isn't a pleasant procedure, and pro-aborts probably don't want to know"

Jess, I feel many people would watch because it has been hidden so long by the MSM, I agree with you that pro-aborts don't want to know. I believe it would change many people minds.

"And the show mostly just showed blood after taking the drug, the babies weren't able to be seen because of their size. Wouldn't it be reafermming the belief that a pre-born baby is just a blob of tissue and blood?"

Jess, the program on TV showing the early term abortion, if they report it correctly, should show a close up of what the baby looks like and explain what it happening truthfully.

"One more thing jasper, when you say "pro-abort" do you mean pro-choice of abortion? Or do you mean pro-abortion as in trying to push abortion on anyone? I hope you don't think I'm the later, I am pro-choice, I don't want to sway anyone into choosing something they don't want."

Jess, being a pro-abort doesn't mean you want to push abortion on somebody, but you will allow it to happen and you think it should be legal. I'm pro-gun rights but don't think everybody has to own a gun, but I think it should be legal, I don't don't call myself pro-choice. Why are so many "pro-choicers" ashamed to be called "pro-abortion"

"Hey jasper, and everyone else, do you think it should be required by law for patients to view an elective surgery before undergoing it? For every elective surgery, from liposuction to abortions to wisdom tooth removal. On one hand it would show people exactly what they are going to have done. On the other hand some "elective" surgeries are actually pretty necessary (I'm thinking of breast reduction, some of those poor women and the pain they constantly suffer) and it might scare them away from something that could really help them. Any thoughts anyone?"

Jess, I wouldn't say they have to view one but they should be informed of what exactly is being done to them. In abortion, there any moral implications to consider since a baby's life is being ended.

"Oh on one semi-unrelated note, I went with my Dad to donate blood today and I got my iron levels checked and I'm not anemic now! So I donated, which I haven't been able to do for three years because of anemia."

Jess, I have the opposite problem (hemochomotosis-high iron) and I have to give blood periodically to control it. It's genetic.

Jess, you may need to get more protein into your diet, (meat/chicken, etc).

Posted by: Jasper at July 12, 2008 11:30 AM

Hey Jasper,
    The moral implications of an abortion are the hardest to bear. For many years I thought God could never forgive me for what I had done. That I had committed an unpardonable sin. I was wrong!! :) He can and does forgive.

Posted by: Carla at July 12, 2008 11:44 AM

Carla,

You're exactly right. Your sin has been wiped away completly as if it never happened.... I can imagine that abortion can be difficult to deal for women who have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savoir.

"Too bad "the abortion business" focuses on "getting on with your life" and "getting rid of the problem."

Posted by: Jasper at July 12, 2008 12:06 PM

Jasper,
    CPC's outnumber abortion clinics in this country, but go ahead and run for president!!

Posted by: Carla at July 12, 2008 12:14 PM

"I am wondering what Jess will say when she sees your comment about eating more meat/chicken...:)'

Yea, I know LOL....

Posted by: Jasper at July 12, 2008 12:18 PM

Jasper: If I was President, I'd sign an executive order turning all abortion clincs into CPC's.

Me too!

Posted by: Janet at July 12, 2008 1:28 PM

Jasper and Carla, actually I do get enough protein. I get most of it from animal products, like egg whites and I drink Smart Milk which has added protein and I also get a lot from cheese. I do try to make sure the stuff I eat comes from decent places where the animals are treated nicely. I get a lot of eggs from my cousin who raises chickens as pets. Names them, loves them, would never eat them. Their happiness makes their eggs taste happy : )

About turning abortion clinics into CPCs, I think any place that provides abortion should provide all information about other options and present them equally. The problem is most abortion clinics are businesses so of course they will try and sell more abortions.

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 10:26 AM

And about the morals, everyone has different ones. You can't take your morals and force everyone to comply. Of course you can tell them the truth, it's a human, for one. And anything else that's true.

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 10:48 AM

"You can't take your morals and force everyone to comply."

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at July 13, 2008 1:05 PM

Actually, that's not a moral statement. That's pretty near close to a fact - no matter how you may morally feel about a certain topic, you cannot force everyone to feel the same way. They may pretend or go along with your beliefs, if you're some kind of dictator, but they may never feel the same way.

You could also brainwash everyone, which would be one way of forcing everyone to comply... but odds are it's just not physically possible to brainwash the entire population.

Now, one could also argue that she stated an opinion, but I think you're reading into it too much to make it a moral statement.

Posted by: Edyt at July 13, 2008 2:49 PM

Hey Edyt.

Ya know, you're actually right. I think I got a bit overzealous and read a bit more into it than was there, as you said. I gotta be a bit more precise.

Nice to have you back.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at July 13, 2008 4:06 PM

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 6:22 PM

Jess,

My husband always says that I should have a wife...

Posted by: mk at July 13, 2008 6:30 PM

"Bobby Bambino is only married to one woman, which is immoral. It's good to have a plethora of wives to do the housework. "

Guh??

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at July 13, 2008 6:33 PM

""That's a moral statement, Jess. In your statement where you say that you can't force your morals on everyone, you are forcing your moral that "you can't force your morals on everyone" on everyone."

Great point Bobby!

Posted by: Jasper at July 13, 2008 7:25 PM

You can't force your morals on others though. Jasper, you probably think it's immoral to have sex with a person of the same sex. Torture me all you want you can't force me to believe that's immoral.

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 8:30 PM

That's true Jess, I cannot force you. But, as a citizen I can petition my government and push for certain laws to be enacted. It may not change the way you feel, but if a law is passed, you'll have to abide by it. As long as it's constitional.

Posted by: Jasper at July 13, 2008 9:00 PM

Bobby Bambino is a guy. Pass it on.

Posted by: Carla at July 13, 2008 9:17 PM

"but if a law is passed, you'll have to abide by it."

Says you. Come on, I'm sure even you go over the speed limit just a little.

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 9:40 PM

Carla, Bobby Bambino is a guy? I thought he was a man. : /

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 9:41 PM

How come no one is talking about the disabled Milan woman?

Posted by: Jess at July 13, 2008 9:43 PM

Somewhat, Bobby, and society does exactly that - drawing a line where on one side society says its dictates take precedence, and on the other side it's up to the individual.

Posted by: Doug at July 16, 2008 5:25 PM

Jess: Come on, I'm sure even you go over the speed limit just a little.

Posted by: Doug at July 16, 2008 5:34 PM