CBN expose on Obama/Born Alive

David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network helped launch a firestorm of controversy on August 16 when asking Barack Obama in an interview after the Saddleback Showdown about the accusation he had misrepresented his opposition to IL's Born Alive Infants Protection Act.

National Right to Life had just announced the discovery of documentation that Obama opposed identical verbiage as the federal Born Alive bill, contrary to multiple statements otherwise.

This interview provides a great synopsis and update of the controversy so far.

Comments:

You go, Jill.

Posted by: Andy at August 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Obama's campaign statement was perfect. How can anyone watch that video and be outraged about anything? Obscure issue that's "not so cut and dry."

Posted by: Hal at August 20, 2008 5:42 PM

Senator Obama - Why did you call National Right to Life liars?

There's nothing nuanced about lying or the morality of defending newborns.

Obviously, you're not man enough to stand on your own, otherwise you wouldn't be dragging your own two daughters in to hide behind.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at August 20, 2008 5:52 PM

Jill - David did a very good job of describing the story - let me know if you need illustrations or explanations.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at August 20, 2008 5:57 PM

When the "controversy" is presented in a non-hysterical way- (even by the Christian Broadcasting Network)- it is easy to see why the "issue" will never develop any traction except among die-hard Obama haters.

It may cause a backlash, as most voters are already tired of the smear campaign against Obama, and wish to discuss real issues.

Posted by: PPC at August 20, 2008 6:29 PM

No, PPC, this explains NOTHING. Obama has no answer for his vote other than "it's complicated".

Well, I think the American people are smart enough to sort through it. Of course, it's much easier to hide behind smoke and mirrors.

Posted by: lauren at August 20, 2008 6:52 PM

Hey, they're about to talk about the IL BAIPA on Bill O's show after they come back from commercial.

Posted by: lauren at August 20, 2008 7:20 PM

THIS IS AWESOME. Everyone try to watch it or get a copy.

Posted by: lauren at August 20, 2008 7:27 PM

WARREN: Tell me in one minute, why you want to be President.

OBAMA: I remember what my mother use to tell me. The one time that she’d get really angry with me if she thought I was being mean or unfair to somebody. Imagine looking through their eyes. The basic idea of empathy. What made America so special is that notion. If we see someone that can’t make it, we care for them too. I want to be President, because that’s the America I believe in and that American dream is slipping away. We’re at a critical juncture, and we’ve got to make some critical decisions…our government is so broken, I have the ability to build bridges to get people to work on common sense solutions to critical issues.

JON: Senator Obama, pre-born children are not making it. What is your common-sense solution to this critical issue?

Posted by: Jon at August 21, 2008 1:41 AM

I think Jon needs to have a chat with the Secret Service.

I would suggest his threats be deleted, but I understand that death threats by "pro-lifers" are ok.

Posted by: PPC at August 21, 2008 9:57 AM

:: Twilight Zone music ::

Posted by: Doug at August 21, 2008 10:12 AM

I don't understand why Jon's comments are not deleted and why he has not been permantely banned.

Posted by: Hal at August 21, 2008 12:10 PM

Posted by: Doug at August 21, 2008 12:44 PM

Workin on it.

Posted by: Carla at August 21, 2008 12:47 PM

Maybe that's a good reason to ban him, this stuff is appearing on multiple threads.

Posted by: Hal at August 21, 2008 12:48 PM

"Hal, the Central Deleter has been at work on Jon's posts on at least one other thred."

Yeah, we were confused there for a while...

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at August 21, 2008 1:41 PM

PPC,
What was that you were saying??

Posted by: Carla at August 21, 2008 2:48 PM

Carla, Thank you for removing Jon's threats. Now how about applying the rules to His Man, whose every post consists primarily of personal insults, name calling and threats?

Posted by: PPC at August 21, 2008 3:48 PM

Your welcome. I am doing the best I can.*whine*

Posted by: Carla at August 21, 2008 3:49 PM

You're. SHEESH...I can't type today. Obama on the brain.

Posted by: Carla at August 21, 2008 3:50 PM

Was/is your father's name Raymond? If it is, did he live on 25th street as a boy and go to St. Casimir Grammar School? Maybe this description describes your father-in-law if that's the case.

Posted by: Diana Stack at August 22, 2008 1:33 PM