Sunday funny

Here's an example of a political cartoonist either ignoring or being ignorant of the human rights elephant in the room, China's forced one-child-per-couple policy, which includes forced abortions.

By Clay Jones...

cartoon 8-10 clay jones larger.gif

Comments:

The IOC pretty well caved in to China on several issues, including internet access for reporters, travel to different parts of the country, and censorship.

Posted by: Doug at August 10, 2008 8:52 AM

I know a number of people involved with the IOC at a very high level. In fact, one of the past presidents of the USA Olympics was a Realtor who I had done work for a number of years ago. She later resigned when it was determined that she lied on her resume about her qualifications about having a doctorate in English.

Most of these Olympic Committee higher ups are elistists dripping with money, symbols of the world system and the evil it represents.

While the spirit and ideal of the games is cool, those who control and run the games are scheming, money-hungry, control freaks. Having the Olympics in China in evidence of that.

However, should we be surprised that they could care less about the forced abortion policy? I mean, abortion is legal in just about every country represented by Olympic Committee control.

The rise of China and Russia should not surprise anyone as it was prophesied in the Bible. Yes, with Armageddon just around the corner, it's just a matter of time before Russia and China unite with Persia (Iran) to attack Israel to usher in the anti-Christ. And they will be utterly defeated at the return of Jesus Christ, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Yep, when you non-believers realize that all the Christians have been raptured away and all hell breaks loose on this planet, remember to call on His name. Perhaps He will hear and have mercy on you, perhaps. It will be worse than anyone can imagine, for satan will exercise his wrath one last time, before he is cast into the lake of fire.

Don't believe me? Read the Book of Revelations.

The way world events are going and approaching a meltdown, and how it was written about nearly 2,000 years ago is proof of the existence of the Holy Spirit as I believe Doug or Jess asked for on another thread.

Believers need not worry. Non-believers, you should be shaking in your boots.

Come Lord Jesus.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 11:34 AM

Quite honestly Jill, I feel like the issues that the cartoonist illustrated were just the really big ones. I don't think he could have fit all the things wrong with China into that one little box! Maybe he should have just drawn one labled "human rights" or something. =/

HisMan, isn't the location of each Olympic Games done by a lottery, and not by the IOC?

Posted by: Stephanie at August 10, 2008 11:49 AM

Stephanie,

Who chooses the host cities of future Olympic Games?

The IOC members meeting in Session choose each host city. The choice of host city of the Olympic Games is one of the powers of the Session, which is the general assembly of the IOC members.

The host city is elected by a majority of those voting, and each active member has one vote. Members who are nationals of the countries which have a candidate city taking part in the election must refrain from voting for as long as their city is in contention.

IOC honorary and honour members, and any members suspended, are not allowed to vote. If no city obtains a majority in the first round, the candidate city with the least votes is eliminated, and another vote taken. The results are made known after each round of voting.

Posted by: Janet at August 10, 2008 12:01 PM

Interesting. I think it might be that the artist ran out of room but I'll agree with you there about the one child policy. Beyond the obvious, it's creating massive social problems and making the trafficking of children and women a growing business by the day.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 12:47 PM

PIP: yeah I totally agree with you re your 12:47pm post.

Posted by: Patricia at August 10, 2008 1:02 PM

On a lighter note:

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:07 PM

PiP,

That was insanely awesome. =D

Posted by: Stephanie at August 10, 2008 1:13 PM

another good one

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:13 PM

Isn't it stephanie! One of my favorites so far.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:14 PM

Oh oH:

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:17 PM

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:38 PM

That's my last one, okay!

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 1:42 PM

HisMan,

Excellent post! However, from my studies, Armageddon will occur after the 1,000 year reign of Christ here on Earth. What we are witnessing now (how absolutely exciting!) is the brewing of the war of Gog & Magog. (Ezekiel 38 and 39) Russia needs to directly or effectively control Georgia so they may begin moving Russian military forces through Turkey and into Lebanon, Syria and eventually against Israel, just as it was predicted in Ezekiel. The ongoing war between Russia & Georgia is HUGE! I saw today that Russia has taken the South Ossetian capital. The pieces are falling perfectly into place!

Russia & Iran are already working together, but as for China, I don't see yet how they are going to fit into the war. However, the MAJOR sign we are to look for, is when the "kings of the north" come down on Israel. God will interfere & obliterate her enemies.

It is not clear if the rapture will happen before, during or after the war of Gog & Magog, but we do know that it's right at our doorstep. Following the war is the 7-year tribulation period, which I KNOW I won't be here for!

How exciting!

Non-believers...get ready & fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a VERY bumpy ride.

Posted by: JLM at August 10, 2008 2:29 PM

Every time I hear about Gog and Magog, I think of Anne of Green Gables. Or actually Anne of the Island, to be specific.

Posted by: Alexandra at August 10, 2008 2:41 PM

JLM: I'm sorry but your whole post is nonsense.
Revelations is not about the end of the world, it was about the demise of Jerusalem.

Posted by: Patricia at August 10, 2008 2:44 PM

"Following the war is the 7-year tribulation period, which I KNOW I won't be here for!

How exciting!"

Don't want to be rude, but it sounds like you are celebrating the demise of non-believers.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 2:47 PM

@Patricia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqroT1FZ5Y

Posted by: Rae at August 10, 2008 2:47 PM

okay. I can't help it.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 2:49 PM

@PiP: I remember that one! I read it a few years back, laughed suuuper hard. :D

Posted by: Rae at August 10, 2008 2:51 PM

I know Rae

Afterlife rehab XP

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 2:59 PM

okay. I'm not going to argue with you. I guess we'll all see!

However, my post was about Ezekiel 38 & 39.

PIP,

I pray for non-believers. However, I do know in reality that there will be many that don't get raptured. There will be many that don't get to heaven, either. Just look at the the way non-believers on this site are warned and are laughed at and mocked. It's no surprise, really, and it doesn't hurt me at all. I genuinely hurt for all of the non-believers. I truly do.

God said,

Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Y'all have a choice.

Posted by: JLM at August 10, 2008 3:01 PM

JLM: I'm sorry but your whole post is nonsense.

Patricia, we agree on something!!!!! Well I don't know anything about Revelations, but I agree with the first part :)

Question: As far as I've heard, the one-child policy states that having more than one child means they take away government support, and that they don't force abortions, rather couples get them when they realize they can't raise more than one child with reduced resources. There aren't actually Child Police that go into each apartment and do a head count. Is this incorrect?

Posted by: common sense at August 10, 2008 3:07 PM

HisMan it was probably Doug who questioned the existence of Jesus. I know he exists, I just question why we should pray to him for things.

"It will be worse than anyone can imagine, for satan will exercise his wrath one last time, before he is cast into the lake of fire."

So at the end of the world Satan will be killed and everyone in hell will rise to heaven, wouldn't everyone go to heaven after the rapture anyway?

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 3:14 PM

"There aren't actually Child Police that go into each apartment and do a head count. Is this incorrect?"

Watched a doc about this.
In order to have children you have to have a birth permit. You can't have a birth permit if you don't have a marriage certificate (20 for females, 22 for males). If you go to a hospital and give birth to a child and get a birth certificate (and you are registered in the chinese government system) without a birth permit, you have to pay a large fine (equal to 3 years' pay for poorer citizens) or if you can't pay they repossess your house/farm and resources. So in a sense yes the Chinese police can go into your house and do a "head count" if they suspect you have children that are not registered.

In essence, if you are unmarried or poor, you can get an abortion, you can sell your children, you can give your children away (often become part of a sex trafficking trade there), you can heaven forbid try to have one in secret (though that rarely works out). There is also the whole "men are worth more than women thing" so due to sex-selection abortions the ratio of male to females are so off it is creating problems. Richer families buy female babies so they can grow up and marry their sons, because otherwise it would be difficult to even find a girl to marry.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 3:16 PM

"No, I'm not excited about the demise of non-believers at all. I'm excited that my Savior is coming back for me (and many others) very soon! If you're a believer, it's very exciting!"

Eh. Jesus has always been with me, in my heart. I don't need the whole parade to get excited.

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 3:18 PM

To add something, the Chinese government is not giving people much "choice" when it comes to their reproductive health. Giving people a choice of an abortion or selling their children is not a choice. Another human rights violation to add to their tally.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 3:22 PM

PIP, LOL --this one was funny ->August 10, 2008 1:13 PM. W/McMain..

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 3:24 PM

Jasper, I enjoyed it!

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 3:26 PM

I can't stop this guys. I've been doing it all day.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 10, 2008 3:39 PM

"Interesting enough my roommate from last year (from China) obviously came from a pretty rich family. She didn't understand the concept of abortion being "wrong" at all when she found out that I was pro-life. We had a discussion. She juts thought of it as something poor people did, and that it was in fact a good way to help them out of their situation."

Interesting PIP, and I think the chinese count their age from the moment of conception, not birth. which is ironic.

the onion one was funny too!

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 3:50 PM

They do that in Korea as well. It is, I think, that you're one year old when born, and then your age advances with each New Year rather than with each birthday.

Which is weird, because then you can end up with a 3-month old who you call 2 years old.

I think that China and Japan have been switching to western age reckoning for daily purposes, using the traditional method for religious or cultural purposes only. But I know Korea uses western ages for certain official things like newspapers, but eastern ages in other aspects of daily life.

Posted by: Alexandra at August 10, 2008 3:59 PM

China's One Child Policy
One Child Policy in China Designed to Limit Population Growth
By Matt Rosenberg, About.com

Jun 18 2008
China has proclaimed that it will continue its one child policy, which limits couples to having one child, through the 2006-2010 five year planning period.
China's one child policy was established by Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping in 1979 to limit communist China's population growth. Although designated a "temporary measure," it continues a quarter-century after its establishment. The policy limits couples to one child. Fines, pressures to abort a pregnancy, and even forced sterilization accompanied second or subsequent pregnancies.

It is not an all-encompassing rule because it has always been restricted to ethnic Han Chinese living in urban areas. Citizens living in rural areas and minorities living in China are not subject to the law. However, the rule has been estimated to have reduced population growth in the country of 1.3 billion by as much as 300 million people over its first twenty years.

This rule has caused a disdain for female infants; abortion, neglect, abandonment, and even infanticide have been known to occur to female infants. The result of such Draconian family planning has resulted in the disparate ratio of 114 males for every 100 females among babies from birth through children four years of age. Normally, 105 males are naturally born for every 100 females.

Recent Effects of the One Child Law
Now that millions of sibling-less people in China are now young adults in or nearing their child-bearing years, a special provision allows millions of couples to have two children legally. If a couple is composed of two people without siblings, then they may have two children of their own, thus preventing too dramatic of a population decrease.
Although IUDs, sterilization, and abortion (legal in China) are China's most popular forms of birth control, over the past few years, China has provided more education and support for alternative birth control methods.

Statistically, China's total fertility rate (the number of births per woman) is 1.7, much higher than slowly-declining Germany at 1.4 but lower than the U.S. at 2.1 (2.1 births per woman is the replacement level of fertility, representing a stable population, exclusive of migration).

In 2007, there were reports that in the southwestern Guangxi Autonomous Region of China, officials were forcing pregnant women without permission to give birth to have abortions and levying steep fines on families violating the law. As a result, riots broke out and some may have been killed, including population control officials.

The Future of China's One Child Law
China's eleventh Five-Year Plan Period is from 2006 to 2010. Minister of the State Commission of Population and Family Planning Zhang Weiqing confirmed in early 2006 that China's one child policy is consistent with the nation's plan for population growth and would continue indefinitely. He denied rumors that the policy become less stringent to permit a second child.

Posted by: Sally at August 10, 2008 4:34 PM

Thanks for the clarification PiP!

Posted by: common sense at August 10, 2008 4:36 PM

Thus spaketh HisMan:

Quoth JLM:

Posted by: Hilarious at August 10, 2008 5:15 PM

Hey Jasper. Remember a year ago today you and I were in the same room and we didn't even know it? Good times.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at August 10, 2008 5:16 PM

Yea, that's right Bobby! at the lowell auditorium.... Fr.Corapi...

yes, it was a good time, very uplifting..

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 5:32 PM

Take care, all!

Posted by: JLM at August 10, 2008 5:44 PM

JLM, I like when you post! I remembered you and was actually wondering, just the other day, where you'd gone off to. I know what you mean about not feeling comfortable posting; I often don't as well. Sometimes I don't let that stop me though -- even though sometimes I probably should, haha.

Posted by: Alexandra at August 10, 2008 6:19 PM

"Thanks Hilarious (& Patricia) for reminding me why I don't post here anymore. I'm really sorry I did today."

LOL. You come in here ranting and raving about the Apocalypse, and pout and leave because a handful of people (without personally insulting you) said it was nonsense?? Ohhhhhh my friend - you'll need to get MUCH thicker skin than that if you're going to walk around gleefully telling everyone the end of days is around the corner.

Posted by: Amanda at August 10, 2008 6:25 PM

I think the one-child rule is looked down on equally by liberals and conservatives here in the states - so I don't think the omission was a slight at the opposition to forced abortions.

Posted by: Amanda at August 10, 2008 6:28 PM

Jess:

I suggest you read the book of Thessalonians regards the rapture and then ask your questions.

JLM:

There are a-millenialists, millenialists, pre-millenialists and post-millenialists. They all have good arguments and I don't think we should argue over who's right and who's wrong. To be honest it's all very confusing and we tend to agree with those that are teaching us at the time unless we spend the jundreds of hours necessary to come up with our own opinions. I Look at it this way....it's not a salvation issue and we should all be ready to meet Christ as a result of a heart attack, a car accident or any other sudden death inicident. The point is we need to be ready. Ultimately, believers are victorius with Christ and non-believers are losers with satan.

Patricia: There are just too many things that yet need to happen for Revelations to have been just about the fall of Jerusalem only, don't you think? This is just not a good interpretation, however, I can see how one can use it since the book says these things must "soon" come to pass. Remember, a day ia as a 1000 years and a 1000 years is as a day to God. Jesus also told His disciples that the Kingdom would come soon. However, this is not a salvation issue, so let's not argue about it.

Remember this too; the second we die we experience the second coming of Christ as we would have been asleep in Christ and would not realized that thousand's of years may have passed. I think every one on this site can say that the second coming is soon to happen, if soon means within 100 years. This could happen as a result of our deaths prior to the actual second coming. Read Thessalonians when Paul addresses the concerns of Christians who had loved ones who died and he told them that if they were asleep in Christ that they would be raised on the last day. This tells us that when we die we are asleep in Christ and then don't wake until th elast day....Remeber this too: God's realm is eternity, not the past, present and future. It's just too difficutl for us to understand it all and that's why faith is so important.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 7:44 PM

HisMan, it must have been Jess, then, but people have been saying similar stuff for a couple thousand years now.

Posted by: Doug at August 10, 2008 8:17 PM

Doug:

Are you referring to Biblical prophecy or my comments?

The reason people have been talking about it for years is because it's prophesied in the Bible. The problem is God is not respecter of persons and does not let anyone of us know what His timetable is. We really can only guess. To dismiss Biblical prophecy becuase of man's inability to put God in a bottle does not mean that what it predicts will not come true. It's a huge mistake to dismiss it and extremely arrogant. God always has the last word.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 8:47 PM

HisMan have you ever noticed that some Bibles leave out passages other Bibles have? It's like every Christian religion has a different Bible. I had another lengthy discussion about religion with my friend last night then I went to Church in the morning with my Mom and Nana. I'm more confused then ever. I honestly wish Jesus could just tell which religion is the right one. I wouldn't tell anyone else. I just want to be the right one.

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 9:09 PM

Jess, you're beginning to understand the problem.

Posted by: hal at August 10, 2008 9:18 PM

Jess, as far as I know the only differences are in translations and the fact that the Catholic bible has a few more books in the OT.

The good news is that God sees your heart yearning after Him and He will show you exactly where you are supposed to be. Sometimes we go down winding paths to find Him.

I started as a methodist who believed, but didn't really see how it applied to my everyday life. Then I started questioning if Jesus was really the messiah, and briefly considered converting to Judiasm. Then, I bizzarly enough (seriously, guys if you knew me before you would NEVER have guessed this one) I ended up in an ex-upc, charismatic church.

The defining moment of my life was when I got the Holy Spirit. It didn't happen with 15 elders laying hands on me, but rather when I was praying with my husband for our son. I don't necessarally believe that someone has to speak in tongues in order to have the Holy Spirit, but I certainly did. Which again, if you knew me before you would be SHOCKED.

Anyways, my entire paradigm shifted at that moment and I felt so more at peace and so much closer to God. If I were you, Jess, I would just pray for God's spirit to come into your life to lead you. The course of my transformation didn't happen immediately, I was slowly building up to that moment, but I am so thankful for it.

Posted by: lauren at August 10, 2008 9:23 PM

Are you referring to Biblical prophecy or my comments?

HisMan, your comments - basically that "the end is near" etc. even if it means "within 100 years."

Over the centuries people have said similar things. I also remember back in 1996 and 1997 when I first argued abortion, and there were some, then, saying that the 2nd coming of Christ was in 10 or 15 years....

Posted by: Doug at August 10, 2008 9:35 PM

Well Lauren and HisMan I hope the rapture doesn't come before I get the Holy Spirit, lol.

"I'm not ready yet!"

Also, is anyone watching the Olympics? A lot of them have some really interesting stories and I developed a little crush on Phelps. No not that Phelps: http://www.godhatesfags.com/ , this Phelps: http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-08/41533509.jpg

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 9:46 PM

Jess, I wouldn't worry too much. God says his spirit will be poured out on those who ask, so I think your safe.

Posted by: lauren at August 10, 2008 9:56 PM

If I go to heaven can I take Rae and Laura with me too?

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 9:59 PM

Jess,

What is your religion now?

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 10:04 PM

Well Jasper since I still go to Catholic Church I would say Catholic.

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 10:17 PM

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic it wasn't meant to be.

What religion are you Jasper?

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 10:18 PM

I'm Catholic Jess...

here is a good resource:

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 10:26 PM

Oh sweet deal dude, thanks Jasper!

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 10:30 PM

Jess, I don't want to go to heaven. I prefer going to the "other place" (should it exist) as apparently more of my friends will be there, as will Freddie Mercury. :D

Posted by: Rae at August 10, 2008 10:35 PM

Jess,

There are many wonderful Christian people here that can help you with your faith, Catholic and Protestant. We're praying for you...

Posted by: Jasper at August 10, 2008 10:37 PM

Jess:

Religion doesn't save a person, so there's no right religion, per se. Christ is the everything in Christianity, He is the righteous one of God, the Lamb of God. He could care less which church you belong to as long as Christ is not dissed and represented as something He's not. Besides, being a Christ follower is a journey and while we believers are on the narrow road, we are not all on the same spot on the road.

MK is a devout Catholic, I am a devout Protestant but we acknowledge, and believe in and trust in the same Christ. We have differences, however, Christ is bigger than all those differences.

Followers and believers in Christ are saved whether or not they are Protestant, Catholic, etc. Christ is the Savior, not the church they belong to or religion they adhere to. Christ's blood was shed, Christ descended into hell, Christ was turned into sin so that we could become justified before God. The church didn't die for my sins, the church didn't rise from the dead. The church can't save a grasshopper. The church can only proclaim the gospel, the good news of Christ. We either accept it or reject it.

Various denominations came into being to express different understandings and interpretations of God's word. And there are different versions of the Bible as well. How many car manufacturers are there? How many flavors of ice cream? It's a fact, because our fallen nature, for there to be divisions and differences.

As the Bible says, there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism. He is the central figure, the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. Besides, God's love, grace, mercy, and forgivenss covers a multitude of sins.

The confusion you express is not God's doing but the result of man's fallen nature. How can a fallen human being understand fully an infinte and almighty Creator? It's not possible.

So, make Christ the focus of your search and He will guide your steps.

Finally, no one gets to heaven on the coat tails of another. It's you and Jesus, that's it.

Doug,

I mean that it is unlikely that any of us currently living will live more than 100 years. Therefore, the second coming, if it happens when we die, is always very, very near.

Having said that, given Israel's rebirth as a nation, the advent of nuclear weapons and mass communications, and the world situation, it does seem like were getting closer to the fulfillment of many Biblical prophesies regarding the end. Now, will it matter if my life ends tommorrow if Jesus comes back 10, 100, or 1,000 years from now. I don't think so. The die of my eternal destiny will have already been cast and is unchangeable.

So, don't be fooled into thinking you shouldn't be concerned about the end. We should always be ready.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 10:37 PM

For those of you interested in astronomy, here's some interesting theories on end times:

Also, did you know that when the star appeared in the heavens at Christ's birth that this represented an extrmely rare astronomical event that simply cannot be explained as a coincidence. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the full story for you.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 10:46 PM

Wow what a coincidence HisMan I'm watching Apocalypto!

I just remember reading in Revelations that first the anti-christ is going to come but it (I don't know if it will be a he or a she, I think it's going to be a girl because no one will expect that) will be so charismatic we'll think it's really Jesus and then the rapture comes. Eh I'll go back and read my Bible sometime this week (it's been probably two years since I read the whole thing) cause I know I'm missing stuff.

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 11:02 PM

Ask God, read, study, ask God again, trust and He will open your heart.

Posted by: HisMan at August 10, 2008 11:27 PM

"I just remember reading in Revelations"

I read once that the book of Revelation was a prediction of the fall of the Roman Empire.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 11, 2008 12:04 AM

I always thought the anti-christ would be a black chick. Cause no one would suspect her. I mean, when you think of the anti-christ you usually think white guy right? Like in the Omen?

Well well well, I'm on to you ; )

Posted by: Jess at August 11, 2008 12:14 AM

Remember when GWBush's people told us knocking over Saddam would show the world's bad guys they can't f*ck with us and its good guys that it's good to be our friends cos we're big and tough? Our friends are getting stomped and there's nothing we can do about it. I bet Mr. Putin split a gut laughing when he read that Bush said he had been "very firm with him."

The question is will the Russians be satisfied by removing Saakashvili and his democratically-elected administration or will they occupy Tbilisi for the long term? Anyone want to make a prediction? I don't know enough about it although I did visit Tbilisi in the 1980s. It was friendly, faux-European, and very grimy and there were a lot of stray cats. I met some people there with very well-trained voices.

How about this: Will Ukraine follow through on its threat to deny Russian naval craft re-entry into the Crimea? One of the most interesting questions about this is what the other former USSR republics will do.

Democrats' solution: Send in Jimmy Carter.

Republicans' solution: Bomb Iran.

Posted by: SoMG at August 11, 2008 2:52 AM

Gee, do ya think maybe it wasn't such a good idea for GWBush to urge NATO to admit Georgia as a member?

Posted by: SoMG at August 11, 2008 4:37 AM

The best actor in THE OMEN was Leo McKern.

Posted by: SoMG at August 11, 2008 4:42 AM

Add another shirt to that list on this cartoon.........

"stop making 70% of the world's products"

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at August 11, 2008 7:50 AM

"You guys are awesome. It's like watching two psych-ward patients argue over who gets to be Napoleon.

Posted by: Hilarious at August 10, 2008 5:15 PM"

Now that was just mean spirted. I don't think anyone would mind if you just argued your point, but you are not doing that.

Thanks for your comments, "Nurse Ratched".

Posted by: Andy at August 11, 2008 8:58 AM

Add another shirt to that list on this cartoon.........

"stop making 70% of the world's products"
------------------------------------
You're joking right? First why do you have a problem that they are ingenious and hard working? Secondly what do you think would happen if we suddenly lost 70% of our products? Maybe a few people can afford to buy all American made products (like the people that have their own personal butchers) but do you know how many people would suffer if we stopped importing Chinese made products?

First America was seeing China as weak "weak men" or "sick men" of the East, now that they've become powerful we insult them for that. China just can't win with us can they?

Posted by: Jess at August 11, 2008 11:43 AM

Jess that's exactly the reason the US is doing so little to stop these human rights abuses--because our economy relies so heavy on them making massive amounts of products for cheap.

Posted by: Marie at August 11, 2008 12:17 PM

Who else saw W on the Olympics last night? He basically said their staggaring human rights record is a reason to get CLOSER to China.

(Oh,I guess talking issues like this out is only okay with people that aren't under W's definition of 'terrorist.')

Posted by: Marie at August 11, 2008 12:18 PM

Speaking of the Olympics,

What the heck is "Chinese Taipei"?!? Idiots.

Posted by: Stephanie at August 11, 2008 1:43 PM

"I'm more confused then ever. I honestly wish Jesus could just tell which religion is the right one. I wouldn't tell anyone else. I just want to be the right one.

Posted by: Jess at August 10, 2008 9:09 PM"
------------------------------------------

Try spending an hour in an adoration chapel with this in mind...

Posted by: RSD at August 11, 2008 3:41 PM

Posted by: Marie at August 11, 2008 12:17 PM
.....................................

How else are you going to get those bargains at the Wal-Mart Supercenter? Are you volunteering to produce all that cheap crap for next to nothing?

Posted by: Sally at August 12, 2008 12:44 AM

Sally,

LOL reminds me of that South Park Walmart episode.

Posted by: prettyinpink at August 12, 2008 1:22 AM

Not being an evangelical Christian or
Christian of any kind, I don't believe in the literal interpretation of these end of the world stories(no disrespect to christians though ).
However, we ARE living in very dangerous time, and there is every cause for concern about the conflict between Russia and Georgia. This is one of the sensitive areas of the world, and a tinderbox of ethnic conflicts.
The Caucasus is a very ancient and fascinating region, crossroads between Russia, Europe and the middle east. It has been invaded and fought over for its strategic value for thousands of years, and may be the most ethnically complex region on earth.
It lies between the Black and Caspian seas, and contains a great mountain range, and is home to about seventy different languages in an area not quite the size of Spain !
Russia conquered this area in the 19th century, and subdued the many indigenous peoples, who are no more related to them than the Arabs. The local languages of the Caucasus, including Georgian, Chechen, Circassian and so many others, are ancient middle eastern tongues. The Ossetians speak a language related to Persian, and are descended from the ancient Scythian tribes.
Others, like the Azerbaijanis and other groups, speak Turkish dialects.
The Georgians are orthodox christians, and have long been allied with Russia for that reason. The Chechens and many others are muslim.
Let's hope and pray that this conflict does not escalate into a catastrophic situation. It certainly could.

Posted by: Robert Berger at August 12, 2008 9:24 AM