Breaking news: BornAliveTruth.org launched!

Thumbnail image for breaking.jpg

UPDATE, 6p: We're hearing from the media Obama's people are telling them they have no comment on the Gianna ad, that Obama didn't vote for Born Alive because it would undermine Roe. Even if that were true, which it is not, am I hearing Obama admit he supports infanticide if it would otherwise interfere with legalized abortion?
_______________

UPDATE,5:30p: New Associated Press story out on BornAliveTruth.org...

Ads assailing Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama on taxes and abortion are coming out in key states and on national cable networks - aired by independent groups largely financed by two wealthy donors.

The abortion ad, a $350,000 spot that will appear during the next week in OH and NM, aims to cast Obama as out of the mainstream, even among abortion rights advocates. Aired by BornAliveTruth.org, it single out his efforts while in the IL Senate to defeat the Born Alive Infants Protection Act. Obama and abortion rights forces in IL have said the bill would have undermined the landmark Supreme Court case on abortion, Roe v. Wade....

BornAliveTruth.org is organized as a nonprofit entity commonly known as a 527 for the section of the tax code that regulates such groups. Unlike political action groups, these organizations can raise money from individuals in unlimited amounts. The main donor of BornAliveTruth is Raymond Ruddy, a prominent anti-abortion figure in MS who supported Mitt Romney for president in the GOP primary.

The ad features Gianna Jessen, a 31-year-old motivational speaker from Nashville, TN, adopted as a child after a failed abortion. "Sen. Obama, please support born alive infant protections. I'm living proof these babies have a right to live."

As a state senator, Obama voted three times against a bill that would have given legal protections to any aborted fetus that showed signs of life. The measure was virtually identical to a bill President Bush signed into law in 2002.

While Obama has said he would have supported the federal law, he and other opponents of the IL bill have said it would have had greater consequences on state laws governing abortion. The Obama campaign also has pointed out that IL already had legislation protecting aborted fetuses that were born alive and were considered able to survive.

Jill Stanek, an organizer of BornAgainTruth, said the IL legislation would protect pre-viable fetuses as well. "He took a leadership role in seeing that this bill did not see the light of day," she said.

_______________

UPDATE, 5:00p: An ad featuring Gianna Jessen will begin airing in OH and NM begining tomorrow. I'll have it here later after Hannity premiers it tonight on Hannity and Colmes.
_______________

UDPATE, 3:45p: Gianna Jessen will appear on Hannity and Colmes tonight at 9:20p

Hannity just interviewed Gianna on radio, and the interview went fabulously.
_______________

Today the 527 group BornAliveTruth.org has been activated!

BornAliveTruth.org's mission is to educate the public on the Born Alive Infants Protection Act and Senator Obama's record opposing this act.

Gianna and I testified together for the federal act in 2001 and were together at the president's signing in 2002.

There will be more breaking news to follow - and shortly. Stay tuned!

Born Alive TRUTH LOgo.jpg

Comments:

Oh, wow! That is so exciting! Jill you are doing such a great job!!

Posted by: Carla at September 15, 2008 2:33 PM

Yeah for you Jill!!!!!!! I really hope that this will help turn the obamaniacs around!!!!!

Posted by: becky at September 15, 2008 2:37 PM

Aww...I was seriously hoping for "Jill Stanek has decided to fund the rest of Erin's college education." Oh well, can't have everything.

Posted by: Erin at September 15, 2008 2:41 PM

LOL, Erin

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 15, 2008 2:44 PM

Erin, lol. Don't we all wish we could have someone else pay for school.

Posted by: Dan at September 15, 2008 2:45 PM

Jill - This is fantastic news! I knew I could count on you. Gianna Jessen is an amazing person. I hope Sean Hannity will put her on H&C. Just let Alan Colmes try to challenge her!

Posted by: Valerie at September 15, 2008 2:46 PM

Excellent news! Now back to cleaning the stove...

Posted by: becky at September 15, 2008 2:47 PM

Here is an NRLC White Paper with documented counterpoints to each of the important components of Obama's ongoing campaign to misrepresent and minimize his record regarding protection of infants born alive after abortions:

Posted by: Douglas Johnson at September 15, 2008 2:49 PM

Awesome..and with Gianna as the spokesperson: Priceless.

She's the face and the voice of abortion survivors everywhere!

Posted by: RSD at September 15, 2008 2:51 PM

Gianna is SO amazing! I can not believe the attitude and humility and love that that woman emits when she speaks. Every time I see her on TV, I literally SEE Christ in her.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 15, 2008 2:55 PM

Get ready for the Obama spin cycle! They'll be working overtime. After they get done with this one, Maytag will be coining this term on thier new line of wahing machines.

Posted by: Charles at September 15, 2008 3:04 PM

Jill,
Great news and congratulations! How very exciting. I will be tuning in to Sean Hannity today and take a listen.

Posted by: Sandy at September 15, 2008 3:07 PM

"Oh, that's just the Repugs and their Swift Fetus tactics again...."

;)

Seriously, congratulations Jill! The story has to be told, and I can't think of anyone who is better-suited to tell it. May God bless you and use you in His plan!

Prepare to be even more in the bullseye:
"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." (John 3:19-20)

...

Father, please protect your servants from the attacks and snares of the Evil One. May they be filled with Your peace, whatever may happen. Please guide their steps along Your path so that they may not turn to either the right or the left.

May Jill & Gianna be filled with the Holy Spirit, now and always. May the blood of Jesus cover them, and may the arms of Jesus catch them if they stumble. May Your will be done through these humble servants. I pray all of this in Christ's name. Amen.

Posted by: Naaman at September 15, 2008 3:15 PM

Amen.

Posted by: Carla at September 15, 2008 3:20 PM

For such a time as this. Thank you Jill. Let's all pray for her safety and good health, stamina and strength through the next 50 days.

Posted by: maria at September 15, 2008 3:23 PM

Yay!

Posted by: Kel at September 15, 2008 3:29 PM

Jill,

I'm so glad that this story is getting out. I have explained it to several friends who had no idea and it has made them re-think their votes.

A few well made indisputable ads will work wonders.

Posted by: LB at September 15, 2008 3:29 PM

"40 Days for Life" starting next week...sign up now and sign-up often..

Posted by: RSD at September 15, 2008 3:32 PM

yay I have hannity on xm right now

Posted by: JamieNov81 at September 15, 2008 3:35 PM

I wish I had money to donate to that website because I would really like the truth to go out to everyone about obama's record

Posted by: JamieNov81 at September 15, 2008 3:36 PM

Can anyone please rid Obama of this meddling nurse?!?

Posted by: CARDER at September 15, 2008 3:45 PM

Gianna -- a fetus with attitude! That's gotta be even scarier for Obama than it was for Patricia Schroeder.

Posted by: Christina at September 15, 2008 3:53 PM

the truth always comes to bite you, so no this "meddling nurse" already spread the word enough that to rid Obama of her would do no good for him. The truth always comes out..hey, obama is proud of his decisions. Why are you upset that it's coming to light?

Posted by: JamieNov81 at September 15, 2008 3:53 PM

Hi Jamie. Carder is a very pro-life moderator, and was just being sarcastic. :) Welcome to the blog, though. Nice to have you. You've got a great singing voice.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 15, 2008 4:00 PM

"This afternoon abortion survivor Gianna Jessen will appear on the Sean Hannity radio show at 4:30p EST to discuss the fact she wouldn't be here if Barack Obama had his way."

I don't get this. Didn't someone save her? Isn't that what the BIAPA was going to require? So, at least in her case, wasn't the act unnecessary?

Posted by: Hal at September 15, 2008 4:12 PM

Excellent! Can you imagine the impact of a joint campaign appearance by Sarah and Gianna?

I'd just love to see that. And I'd love even more to see the faces of the Obamaphiles when that was shown on TV..........

Posted by: Doyle Chadwick at September 15, 2008 4:12 PM

haha ok thank you for telling me about carder. I l like the humor. I dedicated a video to jill stanek and I also added a born alive link to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YeNTI_dBU

Posted by: JamieNov81 at September 15, 2008 4:31 PM

I have never heard Gianna speak before. What an amazing person. She is so full of life and so incredibly upbeat. She has competed in two marathons? How awesome. What an inspiration to us all. Hope to catch her on Hannity tonight.
Great news about the ads too!!

I hope they air them in MN. We are closing the gap!!!

Posted by: Sandy at September 15, 2008 5:20 PM

Sandy,
I hear you...I'm up here in the blue state of NY and was excited to hear today a state poll showing that Obama's lead in NY has dwindled from 18 to 5. Yee ha! Maybe all is not lost here in my new home state. Maybe McCain/Palin will even actually VISIT here once or twice before election day.
Jill, please run the ad here in NY...you might actually get some mileage out of it after all!

Posted by: PJMama at September 15, 2008 5:33 PM

Put not your trust in polls when it is the votes cast that count - and then the votes of the electors...

Posted by: akr at September 15, 2008 6:06 PM

Jill, please post both of these!! No cable at my house.

Posted by: janie at September 15, 2008 6:12 PM

Excellent strategy Jill!

Posted by: HisMan at September 15, 2008 6:46 PM

I just heard the testimony of Gianna and I can say that I was inspired. Not to just oppose the left and Obama but to live my life with a lot less complaining and lot more gratefulness. There are few people that can speak with the authority that this young woman can on the subject of abortion. I am praying that those with their minds closed on the topic will be moved to consider the terrible consequences of taking an innocent human life no matter what the reason. God bless Sean Hannity for having her on and may many be moved by this wonderful young woman.

Posted by: Calvin Martin at September 15, 2008 6:56 PM

How exciting!!! I just got back home and had to log in to see the big announcement. I can't wait to see this ad. The more people that know, the better!

Posted by: Bethany at September 15, 2008 6:58 PM

Good question. I'd like to see him answer that one.

Posted by: Bethany at September 15, 2008 7:06 PM

Jill:

I just e-mailed JD Hayworth all the info on BornAliveTruth.org.

He's heard on KFYI in Phoenix, www.KFYI.com.

Posted by: HisMan at September 15, 2008 7:11 PM

On vacation in Surfside Beach, SC for a week and just read this on Drudge. Sick stuff from BHO and his campaign.

September 15, 2008
Obama campaign rolls out new 'faith merchandise'
Posted: 02:42 PM ET

New Obama merchandise is aimed at religious voters.
(CNN) – The Obama campaign is preparing rolling out a new line of “faith merchandise” – the latest move in an ambitious effort to win over religious voters.

“Check out the Believers for Barack, Pro-Family Pro-Obama, and Catholics for Obama buttons, bumper stickers and signs….” says Obama Deputy Director of Religious Affairs Paul Monteiro in an e-mail obtained by the Beliefnet Web site.

“Believers for Barack rally signs and bumper stickers, along with all Pro-Family Pro-Obama merchandise, are appropriate for people of all faith backgrounds. We'll soon be rolling out merchandise for other religious groups and denominations, but I wanted to get this out to you without delay,” he adds.

Both campaigns have been making a major push for the Catholic vote, which has gone to the winning presidential campaign in every race since 1976, except Al Gore’s 2000 White House bid.

Beliefnet reported that "Clergy for Change" and "Pro-Israel Pro-Obama" merchandise will soon be offered.

Last week, the Obama campaign began to offer merchandise with a slightly more worldly appeal: New York’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week marked the debut of clothing and accessories by some of the nation’s top designers. The collection, announced earlier this summer, includes totes, shirts and other merchandise designed by about two dozen major industry names, including Narciso Rodriguez, Zac Posen and Vera Wang.

Posted by: Ezek13:19 at September 15, 2008 8:21 PM

"I am unashamedly a Christian!" My heart leapt at that expression of Faith!

Posted by: Anthony at September 15, 2008 8:30 PM

Obama is crazy. I just hope there aren't any sacrileges that happen like Obama rosaries....... *shudders*

Pro Family? HA! You're not pro family if you don't support giving babies that SURVIVE abortion LIFE SAVING medical care! Or if you consider a Baby a PUNISHMENT!

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at September 15, 2008 8:34 PM

Just heard Gianna on H & C.

Alan Colmes did not answer her question about how he would characterize Obama based on his voting record of 4 times against the BAIPA. Is this not a support of infanticide?

When a person is willing to ignore the truth based on long held views that is called being just plain foolishness and bigoted.

Once thing we are learning about the left is that they are absoluteley closed minded, even when it comes to presenting the truth to them to their faces.

Jesus has a remedy for people like this. Shake the dust off your boots and move to the next town for it will be worse for them than it was for Soddom and Gomorrah.

Posted by: HisMan at September 15, 2008 8:34 PM

Does Alan know how to answer a question? He is so so close minded! He cannot even fathom that he might be wrong and that Obama does support infantcide

Posted by: becky at September 15, 2008 8:38 PM

--------

Planned Parenthood Celebration Jolted by Abortion Survivor (Gianna Jessen)

--------

MORE...

--------

Gianna Jessen also was a guest on "Life on the Rock" on 1-18-07 but I cannot find the audio archives.

Mike

Posted by: Mike at September 15, 2008 8:41 PM

Gianna Jessen did great on Hannity and Colmes.

May God-Bless this wonderful woman.

Posted by: Jasper at September 15, 2008 8:51 PM

Thank you Jesus. Jill,three weeks ago I read your story in Freddoso's book. I have always been pro-life but never realized what has been going on. Since then I have become very informed and very vocal. I believe many pro-choice and pro-life people don't understand or know about partial birth abortion, born-alive bill and the FOCA that Obama says he will sign as his first act if made president. I think if people know that McCain/Palin aren't trying to overturn Roe vs. Wade, but that second and third term abortions can be infanticide and that Obama knows that and has been ok with it, then maybe people would start to wake up. I hope the ads can air in Florida and many other states. Can you set up a way for people to contribute to bornalivetruth. God Bless Gianna---I am sure the Lord is very pleased with his good and faithful servant.

Posted by: Carol at September 15, 2008 8:51 PM

Mike,

Planned Parenthood Celebration Jolted by Abortion Survivor (Gianna Jessen)

**********************************************

What an awesome article, I love the way that they stuck it to Planned Parenthood!!!!! What courage that must have taken...WOW!

Posted by: becky at September 15, 2008 9:03 PM

Carol,
God bless you for speaking out for LIFE! If we each spoke honestly about abortion to five people we know, what a difference we could make!

Posted by: Janet at September 15, 2008 9:19 PM

Gianna Jessen is a saint walking among us. If anyone can bring down Obama, it's her.

That ad would be quite useful in Pennsylvania. The latest Rasmussen poll shows Obama and McCain tied in PA. And if Obama loses both Florida and PA, he's done.

Posted by: John Lewandowski at September 15, 2008 9:39 PM

I was THRILLED to see Gianna on H&C tonight! What a beautiful example of the JOY that is ours for the taking! =D I'm looking for an exact transcript. I would like to be able to properly quote the part where she asked (paraphrasing), "If this issue is supposed to be about women's rights, where were mine?" Excellent point, Ms. Jessen. Peace to all of you!!!

Posted by: GreaterRisk76 at September 15, 2008 9:49 PM

Only The Strong Survive (60 minute interview with Gianna Jessen on "Catholic Answers Live" - 2/29/08)

Type in "Gianna Jessen" in the guest field to listen to the audio archive program...

------

Crashing The Party (Gianna Jessen)

Mike

Posted by: Mike at September 15, 2008 10:10 PM

Just coming back to quote that comment I referenced in my earlier post! She said, "If abortion is merely about women's rights, what were mine?" Excellent question.

Posted by: GreaterRisk76 at September 15, 2008 10:52 PM

Please donate to BornAliveTruth.org to enable the group to inform the American public on this important issue.

Posted by: Alex Cortes at September 15, 2008 10:57 PM

Years ago I over heard a good man say, "If God doesn't judge this country for sanctioning abortion He will need to go back and apologize to Sodom Gomorrah. Wow, what a scarry thought. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: mike barnes at September 15, 2008 11:28 PM

I am so disgusted at these people who murder babies. I can't have a child and they kill theirs. 4000 babies everyday in the US.It's so hard to adopt because of the shortage of babies. The wait is up to 7 years.

Posted by: Michelle at September 15, 2008 11:29 PM

Michelle - actually the reason it is hard to adopt is because most people do not want to take the very troubled kids. There are plenty of them, but there are few people out there who are mentally or emotionally equipped to deal with those issues, yet there are plenty of those kids out there.
I'm sure there would be more kids if there were less abortions, but that is not to say there would be more adoptions, or more easy adoptions. And thats not to say that every woman would put her baby up for adoption at term. Some might keep their kids and try and raise them, while others might abandon their kids, either to a safehouse or to a relative. So your correlation actually isn't a correlation. More of a coincidence and basic science says that mere coincidence does not prove causality.

Posted by: Yo La Tango at September 16, 2008 2:29 AM

Actually Yo La,

It is a myth that there are tons of kids just waiting to be adopted. A while back I showed it. I'll have to do some digging, but I'll show you again.

Most of the kids in the foster system are NOT eligible for adoption. They're just "on hold".

Posted by: mk at September 16, 2008 6:15 AM

Yo La,

In 2005, there were about 115,000 kids waiting to be adopted. There were a million and a half aborted. You do the math.

Posted by: mk at September 16, 2008 6:20 AM

Yo La,

Compare that to how many couples are infertile...

Number of women ages 15-44 with impaired ability to have children: 6.1 million

Number of women who've ever used infertility services: 9.2 million

Number of married couples that are infertile: 2.1 million

Number of women using infertility services: 9.3 million

Posted by: mk at September 16, 2008 6:30 AM

Of course not all infertile woman are looking to adopt, but it's a pretty safe bet than many of them are or will be. 9.3 million women using infertility services. If even a million of them wanted to adopt, they'd have a hard time.

There just aren't any babies out there.

Posted by: mk at September 16, 2008 6:33 AM

Dear Michelle,
I am so very sorry that you can't have a baby. That must be very hard.

It is hard to be a mother who had an abortion that she regrets as well.

Posted by: Carla at September 16, 2008 7:30 AM

I have updated my website and it has links to the bornalive site as well as why I am posting them. www.jamiegilmour.net

Posted by: JamieNov81 at September 16, 2008 8:18 AM

" Some are also picky about the race of their child. Black children tend to be harder to place in adoptive households. Some people want kids that "look like them", which is all fine and good, but that means that a lot of good kids go unadopted."

Actually, YoLa, that is incorrect. Many social workers(black) are biased against interracial adoptions and make it very difficult for those who would like to adopt. More often than not there are couples who would like to adopt a child of a different ethnic background but are not able to because of the opposition of biased (or prejudiced) social workers.

Posted by: Eileen #2 at September 16, 2008 9:32 AM

Michelle, I am keeping you in prayer. I'm probably "preaching to the choir" but hang in there, do what is within your realm of possibility, and put the rest in God's hands. God Bless.

Posted by: Eileen #2 at September 16, 2008 9:50 AM

Eileen #2,
We have five white families that have adopted African American babies in our church. One family has adopted two sisters. Oh my stars. So beautiful.

I always wonder though why I never see African American families adopt white babies. Thoughts?

Posted by: Carla at September 16, 2008 10:44 AM

MK- many women using infertility services are doing so because they DON'T want to adopt. Lots of women have a really hard time getting past the whole "it isn't my baby" thing. I know my parents did- they used IVF for 5 years before giving in to adoption.

The adoption process is difficult, but it's difficult for a reason. Just giving kids to anyone that wants them would be disastrous.

Posted by: Erin at September 16, 2008 11:36 AM

Erin,
How are you?
I am assuming that women that can't get past the whole "it isn't my baby" thing don't adopt. They first have to grieve the fact that they cannot conceive or carry their own children. Acceptance of that fact is huge to being open to adoption.

One of my friends has done the whole route of fertility and is still in the anger stage of grief. It is hard to watch, ya know? She would give anything to have a baby with her husband. Somewhere deep down she knows that is not going to happen.

Posted by: Carla at September 16, 2008 11:54 AM

Carla- I'm doing great! Yeah, my mom has told me a lot about that. She said that she put off applying to adoption agencies for a long time because she was in denial. I think it still kind of bothers her, really.

Posted by: Erin at September 16, 2008 12:11 PM

I am sure looking at you Erin helps. :)

Posted by: Carla at September 16, 2008 12:29 PM

Hi Carla! I also know a family that adopted triplets (2 girls and a boy) from Africa. They were so thin and a couple of them had to be treated for a parasitic disease but now they are doing very well. They have 4 older brothers and sisters who are just crazy about them. Oh, the adoptive family is white.

My husband was resistant to the idea of adoption at first because he wasn't sure that he "could love a child that wasn't his." But when the possibility of an adoption came up -- he was all for it. My mother once said that there is obviously some bonding that occurs while a woman is pregnant but it isn't until that baby is here -- when you change their dirty diapers. wipe their runny nose, get up in the middle of the night, dry their tears, listen to their laughter, feel their hugs, etc. that the deeper bonding occurs. You don't have to carry a child for 9 months to love them. It is so true -- I don't know what I would do without my beautiful little (adopted) girl.

Posted by: Eileen #2 at September 16, 2008 8:00 PM

Eileen #2,
I hope someday to adopt. I am so happy for you!

Posted by: Carla at September 16, 2008 9:26 PM

I would never discount the love of a parent who adopts a child, but the issue of people adopting from foreign countries before they even look in the US is part of the problem. The stats you posted even stated that the numbers might be higher than the 115,000 kids. But stll... how many adoptions are there per year...thats still 115,000 kids that are waiting. Thats the size of Ann Arbor Michigan. Are you telling me that Ann Arbor is all but a ghost town.

RE: black social workers:

"Since 1972, the numbers of black-white adoptions have declined, but this may have as much to do with stubborn private preferences and prejudices among white adopters as with organized opposition or public policies that created new barriers to transracial placements. International adoptions, after all, increased quite dramatically at just the moment when the transracial adoption of African-American children was becoming controversial".

"International placements have increased much more dramatically than domestic transracial adoptions. Why? There are many reasons, but a simple one stands out. Most children have come from Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. They did not represent the specific kind of difference that had bothered Americans and had tortured their history most. Children adopted from overseas were not black."

Source : http://www.uoregon.edu/~adoption/topics/transracialadoption.htm

Posted by: Yo La Tango at September 18, 2008 2:46 AM

Eileen #2: You don't have to carry a child for 9 months to love them. It is so true -- I don't know what I would do without my beautiful little (adopted) girl.

Beautifully and wonderfully said, Eileen.

It makes me glad for all adopted kids and adoptive parents that there are people like you.

Posted by: Doug at September 21, 2008 3:46 PM

MK, on the face of it, it looks to me that if the number of abortions were substantially cut, that it could drastically increase the number of kids waiting for adoption.

Posted by: Doug at September 21, 2008 3:49 PM

I'm an older female in nm who remembers when abortions were not legal and women were injured in back alleys. I fully support a woman's right to choose whether or not to bear a child, particularly if the child was conceived from rape or incest or there is certainty that the child would be born impaired and might injure the family and other siblings. Gianna tells us that she was the result of an attempted abortion and that she lived. She also tells us that she is truth that she had a right to be born. I ask Gianna: Were you loved or abused as a child? Did you work hard to get a good education so that you could better mankind or are you just a whiner who sits around on welfare, feeling sorry for yourself. No, not everyone deserves to be born. Life does not begin at conception but at birth. To me, Gianna exudes a boring personality devoid of any happiness in her life. Did or did not her mother make the right choice?

Posted by: linda in nm at September 23, 2008 3:33 PM

What about all the children who were born with severe physical limitations that weren't aborted but whose parents have passed on or who finally stashed them in a public facility because they could not take care of them or afford to take care of them. Is it fair for siblings who have families to take care of to assume the responsibility of a severely handicapped sibling because their parents die? I think I would rather be aborted than to be warehoused in an institution. Life is too hard in these times to ask siblings to assume such a huge responsibility. My first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage of twins at 3 months. I never considered the fetuses as my children and rarely thought of the incident after the fact.

Posted by: linda in nm at September 23, 2008 3:46 PM