Matt Damon rips Sarah Palin

Comparing Sarah Palin's candidacy to "like a really bad Disney movie," actor Matt Damon also questioned her stability yesterday: "I need to know if she really think that dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

Matt is dissing every person who believes in Creationism. He obviously supports evolution, backed by mainstream science.

Speaking of, I myself am concerned about a man having the nuclear codes who doesn't know who is human and who is not. Obama says he is confused about basic scientific fact that unique individual humans with unique DNA are created at the fertilization of human egg and human sperm. That's breathtakingly ignorant, kind of like Jason Bourne, who didn't know who he was either.

Damon also propagated the known lie, wondering "if she banned books or tried to ban books. I mean - you know, we can't - we can't have that."

Matt needs to do a little less blathering and a little more reading himself. As far as I know Palin hasn't attempted to ban the Internet yet, although now that I've typed that a liberal blogger is certain to cut and paste it into the latest rumor. At any rate, Matt might try reading FactCheck.org, unless he like Obama would prefer to stay liberal and ignorant.

BTW, Palin's response to Damon? Per her spokeswoman, Maria Comella:

It's not surprising that the Barack Obama and his celebrity supporters continue to tear down Governor Palin with little more than blatant name-calling," she said. "It's clear they're threatened by a candidate who actually has a record of achieving reform and change, while Barack Obama just talks about it.

[HT: Warren Throckmorton],

Comments:

As Screech Powers said of his Johnny Dakota action figures, "Tonight all my Matt Damon DVDs become lawn mulch."

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 12, 2008 8:59 AM

Well, I mean, can you blame him? He's REALLY used to repeating word for word what he reads and not really thinking much about it. He's an actor after all...that's kind of his job.

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 9:04 AM

When we start looking to actors for guidance on moral, theological and scientific issues, we are in big, big trouble.

Actors live and breath in the world called "image" and the vast majority of them false "images".

Look at their fruit: Divorce, drug addiction, adultery, etc. "By their fruits ye shall know them". Most of them live as if there is no God.

Don't think is a mistake of our Creator when he commanded us Says this in Deuteronomy 5: "8 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. 9 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. 10 But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands."

Posted by: HisMan at September 12, 2008 9:08 AM

Oh Matt,
I wouldn't knock hockey moms if I were you. They are a tough bunch. Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you find the answers about Palin that you seek. Banning books, dinosaurs, nuclear codes...oh my.

Posted by: Carla at September 12, 2008 9:13 AM

Oh and the day I start looking to Matt Damon for my political advice is the also the day I give myself a lobotomy. It's basically the same thing.

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 9:15 AM

Only the informed understand how ignorant this guy is on Gov. Palin's record.

So, he can memorize lines and speak them back in a manner that works on the screen....this makes him some kind of political expert? Not hardly.

Posted by: Sandi at September 12, 2008 9:16 AM

i am soooo sick of Hollywood thinkng that we give a rats a** about what they think! they are there to entertain us,not give us their warped political views! talk about not being in touch with the middle class!

Posted by: becky at September 12, 2008 9:30 AM

You don't know anything about her? Well, here's an idea, Matt Damon (a shocker too): Go read up about her. Learn something instead of talking-er, reading lines- about stuff you admittedly don't know anything about.

I find it really sad that there are actually people out there who rely on celebrity ignoramuses to decide for them who they should vote for.

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 9:36 AM

Charlie Gibson, a history lesson for you:

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors."

George Washington

Posted by: Jasper at September 12, 2008 9:40 AM

This an extraordinaryly appropriate article about how Satan and the world tries to decieve us, from www.reigndownusa.com: God bless all.

"Behind Enemy Lies

How well do you know your enemy? Do you know how Satan operates? We can get a pretty good idea by reading Genesis 3:1-5:

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'”

"You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman." For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

How does the enemy work?

1. The enemy distracts us from God’s will. "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" Not only is Eve's attention focused on the tree God warned her about, she is now tempted to question God's warning and whether it truly has merit. Rather than just accepting the Father's protective instruction, Eve is now on the path to rebel, to think about her own desires, and quite possibly become angry with God.

2. The enemy tells us the opposite of what God promises. "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. Once we are distracted from God's will, we are more likely to buy into promises other people make; to go down roads we would not otherwise travel. God said Eve would surely die if she ate the fruit. Shouldn't that be warning enough? But our hearts are so easily swayed from God’s truth! So often we justify things to make God's plan fit our own desires, even our evil desires.

3. The enemy puts the focus on us. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." Look how many times the serpent says "you" and "your". The promise of power is enticing to most of us, but the power to be like God? At this point, we are distracted from God and we’ve bought into lies and deception. When we begin to value things that can give us power rather than relying on God’s power in us, we have displaced God as Lord of our lives. Essentially, we have placed our lives in the hands of the enemy—and we don’t even realize it!

This isn't always a long process—we can go from distraction to self-absorption in a matter of seconds. The greatest danger lies in allowing our self-absorption—living our lives without regard to God's will—to turn into a habit, an addiction, a lifestyle. That is when we separate ourselves from God's blessing, hide from Him, live in darkness, and become unrepentant and calloused to His truth.

How do you counter the enemy's plans for your life? First, study God's Word so you can tell God's truth apart from Satan's lies. When Jesus was tempted by Satan in the desert (Matthew 4), Jesus countered everything with Scripture until Satan finally left Him alone.

Second, turn your eyes upon Jesus. There are more things in this world competing for your attention than ever before. God is increasingly an afterthought in the world He created. "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33). Nothing is more important than your relationship with God. Stop putting your hope in your bank balance, your trust in people, and your faith in false idols and religions! Nothing the human mind has ever conceived is as true, powerful and holy as the wisdom of Almighty God.

Finally, resist Satan. It sounds simple, but the enemy is so cunning that often we don’t even realize we are being deceived. James 4:7 says, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." What a great promise! When we make repentance a daily, hourly, even a minute-by-minute practice, we leave very little room for Satan to distract us, cause doubt, make false promises, and spread his lies.

Get deep in God's Word and stay there! He is more than worthy of your worship, your time, and your resources. And He is your refuge from the enemy.

Brian Cole
ReignDown USA"

Posted by: HisMan at September 12, 2008 9:41 AM

Great quote, Jasper 9:40.

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 9:48 AM

It's bad enough that Matt Damon thinks anyone cares about what he thinks, but in what alternative world does CBS News actually think anyone anyone would look to this man (or any other Hollywood blowhard) for advice/information on political matters? Do they not realize that he doesn't actually work for, nor has he worked for, the CIA? It's similar to how they kept going to Martin Sheen during the Bush campaigns, as if Josiah Bartlett was an actual sitting President weighing in on the upcoming election. Pathetic. And they wonder why the MSM is losing (has lost?) its credibility.

Posted by: DeeL at September 12, 2008 9:51 AM

Remember Pro-lifers, when you go into the voting booth, Sarah Palin is one of us, Obama is one of them.

Obama can have all the Hollyweird celebrities he wants. If I were Saran Palin, I would take it as a badge of honor that Matt Damon, Madonna, PDiddy, Lucdacris, Michael Moore, Paris Hilton, Pam Anderson and the rest of the Godless crue were against me.

I'll take the Patriotic Americans any day.

Posted by: Jasper at September 12, 2008 9:51 AM

Oh how I long for the days when the only thing you knew about an actor was what movie he would be in next...

My heart has been broken so many times, finding out that entertainers I truly admired were totally bereft of any ethical/moral standards.

I don't want to know that Ellen is gay, Elton is flaming, Cary Grant swung both ways...that the Olsen twins are strung out on drugs, that every actress in Hollywood is unmarried but pregnant, that they are in love with X on Monday, Y on Tuesday and Z on Wednesday. I just want to go to the movies. Greta Garbo had the right idea...just leave it alone!

Matt was never one of my favorites, but I did like him...

I got news for you Matt...you should be less worried about the Nuclear Code and more worried about your Personal Code!

Posted by: mk at September 12, 2008 9:52 AM

Amen to that, Jasper!

Posted by: DeeL at September 12, 2008 9:53 AM

Another great political commentator- P diddy...

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 9:54 AM

MK
I hear ya! When these people really cross the line, like the Dixie Chicks, and Babs, I really do make an effort to stop putting money in their wallets. Now there are so many of them,ugh! It's a good thing I love reading and have plenty of hobbies.

Posted by: DeeL at September 12, 2008 9:59 AM

Bethany,

That was HILARIOUS! South Korea. No blacks in Alaska. No CRACKHEADS in Alaska. Good Lord, you can't make stuff like this up!

Posted by: mk at September 12, 2008 10:04 AM

checkout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDBX99qePA

Posted by: John McDonell at September 12, 2008 10:08 AM

Marykay, I love that video and it cracked me up too!

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 10:11 AM

Where to start?

Matt needs a chill pill. mk?

Quoting actuary tables on how long McCain will live? How insensitive can Damon be?

Elizabeth, I agree with you. He's an ACTOR paid to spout lines. I think the "bad Disney movie" reference was meant to be the ultimate insult to Palin. Maybe in Hollywood... Lol.

On the other hand, Palin seems like one of the most level headed politicians I've ever heard in my life. She is a blessing. It's up to all of us this November to not blow this one.

Jasper, I love your QuOTD. Charles Gibson is the most condescending interviewer ever. Why is he still around?

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 10:13 AM

A good start would be to get rid of all the dumb TV shows modeled after "Entertainment Tonight". They are a total waste of time.

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 10:16 AM

Matt Damon should just stick to reading lines from a movie script...

Posted by: RSD at September 12, 2008 10:26 AM

Great video, John McDonell!

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 10:28 AM

Bethany,
Thanks for the PDiddy interview. I needed that!! :)

Posted by: Carla at September 12, 2008 10:33 AM

You have got to be kidding me. Bad Disney movie, how insulting to Sarah Palin. Matt Damon plays in movies, so he is now qualified to say Gov. Palin can't run the country?

Matt, don't worry about the nuclear codes, worry about your moral code!

Posted by: Lisa at September 12, 2008 10:36 AM

Carla..want another laugh? Watch P. Diddy's apology for his comments. I have tears!

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 10:46 AM

I just hope that Hollyweird doesn't realize how much they are helping Sarah Palin and John McCain anytime soon. Keep it up, airheads!

Posted by: Doyle Chadwick at September 12, 2008 10:58 AM

Diddy said: "I make fun of myself on my blog".

No, he made fun of Sarah Palin, and John McCain, and Alaska. He did not make fun of Diddy.

Posted by: Doyle Chadwick at September 12, 2008 11:03 AM

I am so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't give one cent's worth of credence or concern to ANYTHING these celebrities say, think, or do.

Posted by: Mike at September 12, 2008 11:03 AM

John:

Great video. The real question should be did T-Rex catch the guy or gal and have a good lunch?

Seriously, God's Word is eternal and true. Science should spend it's time learnign scripture and then do their science not trying to diss the Bible but to confirm it. This is the "biggest" problem with our educational system today....its humanistic arrogance.

Harvard once had a godly mandate but gave in to the humanistic philosophies of Darwin and the like. What a huge blunder it is to discount the living God.

Because most scientists diss the Flood event they fail to use this event as a tool for explaining so many of the holes and questions that exist in their theories. Thsi is the very defiition of foolishness.

The Flood was the most destructive event in human history. I am absolutely positive that this event had effects on geology and archeology that have not yet been discovered yet. When the pyroclastic flows of the Mount St. Helens eruption caused trees to fossilize relatively quickly it gave creedance to polystyrate fossilization and countered the common belief that fossillization took millions of years. The Flood was billions of times more destructive than Mount St. Helens and Katrina. The physical, geological, chemical, biological, and meteorological nature of the earth was so violently and drastically altered by the Flood and it is utterly ignorant to discount that it happened.

It is very arrogant to assume that the Bible is a myth. NO, the Bible is the Word of God and threin can only true wisdom, the wisdom of God, be found. The Bible is eternal and light years ahead of today's scientific theories.

Job 3:8 "May those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse Leviathan."

Job 3:7-9 "Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope?

Job 41:1-3 "It was you who crushed the heads of Leviathan and gave him as food to the creatures of the desert."

Psalm 74:13-15 "There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there."

Psalm 104:25-27 "In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea."

Posted by: HisMan at September 12, 2008 11:08 AM

"Matt Daom would do a world of good for himself if he stopped memorizing so many scripts and instead memorized Bible verses.

Posted by: HisMan at September 12, 2008 11:08 AM"
--------------------------------------------

Hisman, I would rather Matt Damon start reading and living the Bible rather than just memorizing it....I understand that even Lucifer knows the Bible forward, backward and inside and out...unfortunately, he CHOSE not to follow it and look where he ended up.

Posted by: RSD at September 12, 2008 11:15 AM

"Her perspective is interesting."

Posted by: off topic at September 12, 2008 11:18 AM
---------------------------------------
yeah..as interesting as watching a condemned man wait for his eventual execution...

Posted by: RSD at September 12, 2008 11:21 AM

Guys, I think you sort of need to chill out about this. So it's Matt Damon. He is entitled to his opinions just like any other American. You don't have to listen to them if you don't want to. If you don't care, then why are you bad mouthing him?

I personally think that Tom Cruise is more than a little bizzare in his views, but I still inhale his movies because he's hot and a fantastic actor.

Also, it seems like when any celebrity makes a stand for your side, or the pro-life cause, you guys have a little party. Come on. Honestly.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 12:07 PM

To the woman who has an appointment at an abortion clinic:

It sounds like you need someone to love and love you. Don't do something you'll regret in ten years. God bless you.

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 12:28 PM

Erin,

As much as Damon has a right to speak his mind, so do we, and we aren't required to agree. Personally, I'm chillin', but he's a bit wacko on this one.

As to your second point - Of course we celebrate the pro-life celebrities. Can you NAME three pro-life celebrities? (This question is for Erin only.)

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 12:35 PM

Mel Gibson, Kathy Ireland, Patricia Heaton.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 12, 2008 12:40 PM

Dear off topic,
Deleted your link. Her perspective is interesting and would be more so if she kept her clothes on and used less of the F word.

Posted by: Carla at September 12, 2008 12:42 PM

That was me

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 12:43 PM

Also, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Tim McGraw, Kenny Rogers, Jordan Sparks, Eduardo Verastegui, Celeste Holm and Patricia Neal.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 12:47 PM

Eric Close, Kirk Cameron, Candace Cameron, Stephen Baldwin, James Caviezel and Elizabeth Hasselbeck...

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 12:49 PM

Barack Obama enlists Bill Clinton, George Bush, Matt Damon and Kanye West to rebut and deflect the ‘lipstick issue’. Check out the video here.

Posted by: VidCrayzee at September 12, 2008 12:51 PM

"Because there's a one in three chance that McCain won't survive his first term, so then we'd have President Palin" ..... WHAT???? Why do liberals keep insisting that McCain is 10 breaths away from kicking the bucket?

What nonsense!!!!!

Posted by: Kristi at September 12, 2008 1:06 PM

Kristi- look, the dude is OLD. He's REALLY OLD. Old in the fact that a sudden stroke, aneurysm, or heart attack, is NOT out of the picture. And it doesn't have to kill him- as soon as he is incapacitated in any way Palin would take over.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 1:10 PM

JTT is pro-life? WOO HOO! When I was 10, I had JTT wallpaper ALL over my room! love love love..

Anywho Erin, celebrities can have their opinions, but they should be just as aware that this is America, and as such sharing those opinions out loud can cause you to lose money based on the # of people who disagree with you. The Dixie Chicks I'm sure have learned their lesson which was an important one: to KNOW your audience. More celebrities should understand this one..and I mean ALL of them..not just the ones I disagree with. Their political views have no bearing on whether I like their movies or not, so why do they feel the need to share them so often?

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 1:30 PM

Not sure why the link I posted was deleted. She does use the F word, but it isn't really much different from a lot of things that you can see anywhere. Also, I didn't quote her, so nothing "obscene" was posted.

I have to wonder if you deleted the link because she is unashamed of the fact that she had sex, and is further unashamed of the fact that she's having an abortion. It kind of flies in the face of all the "abortion hurts women" rhetoric that you all love to indulge in, so I can see why you might want to censor it.

Anyway, the title of the blog is "What to Expect When You're Aborting" for anyone who wants to look it up.

Also, to Elizabeth, who asked the question of why celebrities feel the need to share their opinions so often.....I mean no offense, but have you ever asked yourself the same question? You post here daily. Why do you feel the need to share your opinion so often? IMO it's just human nature. Celebrities just happen to have a bigger megaphone.

Posted by: off topic at September 12, 2008 1:44 PM

....oh, and just another tidbit of information, a lot of people suspect that the abortion blog is really an anti-choice hoax of some kind. She is supposedly scheduled in two days. Jill's favorite punching bag, Amanda Marcotte, thinks it's a hoax, and that the blogger will have a sudden change of heart at the end.

Posted by: off topic at September 12, 2008 1:50 PM

The movie's probably a little inappropriate to be shown in most of your households, but this reminded me a lot of Team America.

Matt Damon is portrayed in that movie as one of the Hollywood liberal elite, and as a particularly stupid (mindless) one at that. The movie is made by the South Park guys and is irreverent to all points of view.

Posted by: Alex at September 12, 2008 1:57 PM

Ummm, except the difference here is "off topic" is that I'm not a celebrity, and I don't make money based off doing things other people like. I don't lose money cause people don't like my opinions. Celebrities do. And they should think about that a little bit more. I don't ask my doctor what his political opinions are. Why? Because it has nothing to do with the services I am seeking from him. And if I did know his political opinions and I had a strong objection to them, it may interfere with my desire to have him as my doctor. And I don't want that. It's the same thing with celebrities. Stick with what ya know. I would listen to their opinions on movies, talented actors, etc. Politics? NOPE. Try again.

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 1:57 PM

No. I don't think you have us figured out yet. Just because you see the "F" word everywhere, doesn't mean it belongs here. You are misinformed, as most pro-aborts are, that pro-lifers hate sex. The fact that she is not ashamed of publicizing her abortion is sad and shameful as well.

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 1:59 PM

Here's the link to some Team America clips of Matt..

Also funny to watch...

Posted by: Alex at September 12, 2008 2:01 PM

I'm not a creationist, but the dinosaur thing was stupid.

The Disney thing...no amount of fake CIA training will save his @$$ if we ever come face-to-face. What a condescending douchebag. Newsflash, Matt, you're not really a genius, you just played one in a movie.

The only good disney movies are the old ones. Robin Hood, The Sword In The Stone, and Aristocats to be exact.

Posted by: xalisae at September 12, 2008 2:13 PM

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 9:54 AM

I LOVE the comments at the bottom. The overwhelming majority think he's an idiot. I think they're right!

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 1:10 PM

Did you see McCain's mom at the RNC? At 90 something she's still got it all together. She's more lucid than most 25 year olds today. I'd bet on a LOOOONNNNGGGG life for McCain any day.

Posted by: Kristen at September 12, 2008 2:24 PM

Newsflash, Matt, you're not really a genius, you just played one in a movie.

Posted by: xalisae at September 12, 2008 2:13 PM

LOL! I can't watch the video b/c at the moment I don't have sound on my computer. What did he say about the Disney movie(s)?

Posted by: Kristen at September 12, 2008 2:28 PM

Off topic,

I went to that blog, and I seriously hope pro-choice people are offended by it. I would be if I were one. As though the right to choose is some big joke or something. I thought feminists fought and clawed their way for this, and here it is turned into some kind of joke by some sad little girl. That's what she is. Even if she can't admit it to herself, she is a sad, sad little girl.

I won't even go on to how offensive it would be for a pro-life person because that's obvious, but if I were a pro-choice feminist, I'd be insulted.

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 2:48 PM

What to expect when you're aborting:

I think that chick is just an unfortunate social experiment on the part of her parents. They must've wanted to know what it'd be like if someone was raised to believe they were the center of the universe.

Posted by: xalisae at September 12, 2008 2:49 PM

It's quite possible X because from what I read, her mom had 2 abortions, and she sounds like an only child.

Posted by: Elizabeth (Gabriella's Momma) at September 12, 2008 2:53 PM

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the telephone book than to the faculty of Harvard University.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Posted by: Jasper at September 12, 2008 2:57 PM

Janet? You never mentioned anything about how I very easily and very quickly named multiple PL celebrities.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 3:12 PM

I was just thinking of that, Alex! Whenever I do something really dumb I'm always like, "MATT DAMON!" I do a dead-on impression after all these years. I found out, like, two years into my relationship that my boyfriend had never seen the movie and thus had no idea why I was always saying that. But now he says it too.

Posted by: Alexandra at September 12, 2008 3:17 PM

Off Topic,
I already told you why I deleted the link. She is completely nude jumping on a trampoline and the caption reads "less than 48 hours." To her abortion.

I found it offensive. You could take it up with Jill if you disagree which I see that you do. OR you could start a blog and post the link there.

Posted by: Carla at September 12, 2008 3:20 PM

Good girl, Erin!! :)
You were speedy quick with the prolife celeb list. I am sure Janet will agree with me when she returns.

Posted by: Carla at September 12, 2008 3:22 PM

Elizabeth - why should I be insulted about that girl's opinion about her abortion? I'm pro-choice, not pro-thought police. As in, she gets to make her own choice, for her own reasons. Do I have to agree with her reasoning? Nope. Do I have to think she's a stellar example of human existence? Nope.

I just thought it was interesting, no more, no less.

Posted by: off topic at September 12, 2008 3:22 PM

Carla - I don't think that's a picture of her. If you look at the entries, she has random samples of a lot of images to "represent" what she's feeling. I get the feeling she snagged that photo off google images just like all the other stuff she posted.

Posted by: off topic at September 12, 2008 3:23 PM

Lol, Carla, I think that Janet was trying to make a point that there are SO FEW PL celebrities, that you're entitled to make a fuss over their political opinions, but the more left-minded aren't. I think I may have smooshed her argument there.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 3:25 PM

Has Matt Damon really evolved into such a stupid person...or was he just "bourne" that way?

Of course dinosaurs were here only a few thousand years ago. That's why we can find human footprints next to dino prints and even directly inside them.

That's also why we can find dinosaur tissue and DNA. Because it hasn't been millions of years since they were here.

Hey Matt...shut up and act, already.

Posted by: Tony at September 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Erin,

I'm glad that you can still watch Tom Cruise. I on the other hand cannot pay money to watch someone that is in my face immoral. It's one thing to have views that are different than mine. I go to Bollywood movies all the time. I obviously don't have much in common with the Hindu religion.

It's not about flakes, or kooks, or eccentrics...it's about what we view as just shy of criminals...

Red Skeleton...a nut.
Madonna...I can't say it on here.
Reese Witherspoon...quirky.
Oprah Winfrey...I can't say it on here.

A difference of opinion is one thing...supporting evil is quite another.

Posted by: mk at September 12, 2008 3:32 PM

here is a response to diddy from my new favorite youtuber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amXLa-iZGw

Posted by: becky at September 12, 2008 3:33 PM

MK, Red Skelton RULES!

Geez..kids are growing up these days not even knowing who he is....

Posted by: Clem Douglas Kadiddlehopper at September 12, 2008 3:50 PM

Doug,

I forgot that nobody here would even know who I was talking about...I almost said Danny Kaye. And I see that I spelt it skeleton, not skelton...ooops

Hooray for Doug!

Posted by: mk at September 12, 2008 3:52 PM

Becky, 3:33... that guy rocks! :D

Posted by: Bethany at September 12, 2008 4:07 PM

Isn't it a job requirement for movie stars to agree to become liberal or else risk being run out of the industry? We all know that these multi-million dollar stars are so in touch with the average working class citizen- right?

Posted by: Kelly at September 12, 2008 5:01 PM

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 3:25 PM

I've been switching between my computer and my new laptop which I'm still getting used to. The keyboard is smaller. I wrote you a reply saying congrats on your fine list, and I could have sworn it went through. Apparently not.

Yes, there are fewer PL celebs, so we do celebrate when a new one comes along. You can make all the fuss you want over the others.

I asked you to name three PL'rs (should have said "without googling") and I guess I under-estimated you. You did good!

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 5:01 PM

Lol, the first three were without googling! After that, google was my friend, I admit.

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 5:03 PM

Matt Damon: it must be hard to function with great looks and one brain cell............

Posted by: Patricia at September 12, 2008 5:42 PM

gary sinise? (sp?)

Posted by: xalisae at September 12, 2008 5:50 PM

Do any of you religious zealots understand seperation of church and state are you all so ignorant that you jump on the bandwagon of the Republican fear mongers are you really so stupid as to think that the republican choice for VP is no more literally and I mean literally LIPSTICK on a PIG(J M. Being the failed policy pig and MARY MAGDALENE(I mean sarah palin) the lipstick her softball interview with Charlie is one even Rudy Guliani could have breezed thru she came off lookin like the uninformed last minute choice and substitute to try and shamelssly steal democratic votes(Hillary)that her george bush republicans felt they could USE her for(token female sacrifice)their further sick and criminal agendas to rape and pilage all of us hard working 3 jobs tax paying god loving american people loving not republican, but people first WAKE UP PEOPLE THE ONLY CHOICE FOR CHANGE IS BARACK OBAMA go go go go go MATT DAMON!!!!!!!!

Posted by: christo at September 12, 2008 6:35 PM

Hi Christo. Your lack of punctuation and capitalization makes it very difficult to follow your train of thought. If you could at least skip a line each time you start a new sentence, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 12, 2008 6:53 PM

I'm sure that you folks are so self absorbed something"GOD"would not accept I pray for your sick and uninformed souls and please do not print any thing that is not your opinion

GOD WILL FORGIVE ALL OF YOUR JUDGEMENTAL ANGRY RACIST SELF OPINION LOVING HATEFUL PEOPLE
HE WILL FORGIVE YOU IF YOU STOP JUDGING OTHERS AND LOOK INSIDE TO GOD L O V E IS HIS MESSAGE AND BY THE WAY FORGIVE THE REPUBLICANS FOR ALL THE EVIL THEY HAVE WROUGHT ON GODS GREEN EARTH ESPECIALLY THE 4200 BOYS AND GIRLS THEY HAVE SACRIFICED FOR THEIR PROFIT SLOTH AND SENSE OF SELF IMPORTANCE I HAVE SEEN NOTHING LIKE THIS ASSAULT ON GODS WILL THAN IN THE LAST 8 YEARS since the CRUSADES

GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU ALL

Posted by: christo at September 12, 2008 6:56 PM

Sorry you cannot follow me bobby,is this better?Perhaps a good refresher course would help!!Is English your first language.I am sorry you are so confused.Pray to God for guidance and he willhelp you see that Obama is part of Gods plan!!

There now is that better?

God Bless You

Posted by: christoi at September 12, 2008 7:04 PM

"I pray for your sick and uninformed souls"

Christo, how are we sick and uninformed?

Posted by: Jasper at September 12, 2008 7:17 PM

"4200 BOYS AND GIRLS THEY HAVE SACRIFICED FOR THEIR PROFIT SLOTH AND SENSE OF SELF IMPORTANCE "

Or perhaps its the fact that there are people in this world who want to see us wiped off the face of the earth.

Also, let's talk about the 4200 boys and grisl that are sacrificed daily for selfisheness and not wanting to be incovienanced.

Posted by: lauren at September 12, 2008 8:32 PM

Christo(i)

"Sorry you cannot follow me bobby,is this better?Perhaps a good refresher course would help!!"

Yes, it very much would. What kind of course would you recommend? Is there something online you could point me towards? Maybe you could give me some lessons if you have time.

"Is English your first language."

Haha, it is, it is.

"I am sorry you are so confused.Pray to God for guidance and he willhelp you see that Obama is part of Gods plan!!

There now is that better?"

Yes a bit better, thanks. Certainly all things are part of God's providence. God love you.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 12, 2008 8:51 PM

Hi mk, I remember Red Skelton too. He was a painter - loved clowns. We had one of his paintings at home when I was a kid.:)

Posted by: Janet at September 12, 2008 8:58 PM

I think Brooke Shields is pro life too. I love her new Volkswagon commercial.

"Have a baby for love, not German engineering"

Posted by: JKeller at September 12, 2008 9:27 PM

Christo:

Calm down. Your meds are ready now.

Posted by: HisMan at September 12, 2008 9:39 PM

Another freak celebrity who thinks he's so enlightened about the condition of this country and what is "scary" or terrifying.

What IS scary and terrifying is that they are even given air time to do so in the feeble hope that they can enlighten those of us who live in the real world.

I'll start listening closely when Paris Hilton speaks...which should be any day now.

Heavenly Father,
We implore you: Please deliver us from Hollywood.
In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen

(Repeat 3 times a day)

Posted by: Mike at September 12, 2008 10:44 PM

Posted by: Erin at September 12, 2008 1:10 PM

He's really not that old. Yes, there are many people who have passed away in their 70's, but there are many who wait until their 80's, 90's or 100's. But then again, there are people (even presidents) who have passed away young. JFK was young and yet he was asassinated and *gasp* the vp had to take over. And I've read a report stating that JFK was not in good health. Age is really a silly argument for why someone should not become president, just because the person *might* pass away or have a "1 in 3 chance" of passing away.

From what I've seen, McCain is in pretty good health, and I believe he could be in good health for many, many years. My grandfather is 86 and he still works hard all day doing renovations for people, etc. He could run circles around people half his age. He probably could work harder and faster than Matt Damon.

And as for a stroke, heart attack, etc. striking him and killing him, again...could happen to someone much younger. My cousin's 40 year old cousin just died suddenly of a heart attack last month. So basically, McCain is human like the rest of us, and his number of days left is unknown, and personally, I don't think it would be the end of the world if Palin became president. Couldn't be any worse than Obama becoming president.

Posted by: Julie at September 13, 2008 5:09 AM

MK, you're such a sweetheart.

Red Skelton's been dead more than ten years now, but I remember Walter Cronkite saying, "And that's the way it is..." to end his news telecasts, and Red's "Good night and God bless" had that same ring of true feelings - he really meant it.

Rather like Edward R. Murrow saying, "Good night and good luck," though that was a bit before my time.

Red was a pretty good painter, too - some of his paintings sold for over $80,000 and he said he made over $2 million a year from his lithographs of clowns.

Posted by: Doug at September 13, 2008 4:51 PM

The cool thing about Palin is that she was willing to challenge corruption in her own party.

Can Obama point to any circumstance in which he stood against someone in his own party or against someone with whom he was working because of their bad behavior?

Never. It is all excuses and covering his ankles.

He is absolutely not a reformer. He is a good old boy to the core. Not only does he associate with corrupt fellows, he is himself corrupt and an influence peddler.

Posted by: hippie at September 13, 2008 6:46 PM

Do any of you religious zealots understand seperation of church and state

Posted by: christo at September 12, 2008 6:35 PM

Most people don't know the origin of the separation of church and state. If you look into it you will find that it is from a mid- twentieth century ruling by the SCOTUS. The particulars and the players in the case are very interesting.

Posted by: hippie at September 13, 2008 7:03 PM

Do any of you religious zealots understand seperation of church and state

Hippie, actually, it (seperation of church and state) goes clear back to the stuff that people came from Europe to the 'New World' to escape."

Posted by: Doug at September 14, 2008 1:31 AM

"like the Dixie Chicks, and Babs"

And Toby Keith!