New Stanek WND column, "Blago's anti-life pay-to-play"

WND%20logo.gif

I live in IL and have always functioned as a pro-life activist on the wrong side of the politically corrupt government, and not just Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

But Blagojevich in particular has expressed not just hostility to pro-life measures but hostility to preborn life.

I hope U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald will someday expose the theres I know are there and the whys behind Blagojevich's extraordinary impositions of anti-life laws and expenditures on the state.

The list is long, but there was one in which I was involved....

All eyes are now focused on Democrats to launch impeachment proceedings; and note they are being slow about it. They really, really want Blagojevich to quit. I wanted him to at first, but I'm now laughing that he doesn't. If they're forced to impeach
him, they indict themselves. They're all guilty. They all have skeletons just like his. They all are worrying: What does Fitzgerald have on us?

But I digress....

Continue reading my column, "Blago's anti-life pay-to-play," on WorldNetDaily.com.

Comments:

Hurray for vapid insinuations. You should be Fox News reporter.

Posted by: Cameron at December 18, 2008 10:58 AM

Innocent, I say!

I will have my day in court.

Posted by: Hot Rod Blago at December 18, 2008 11:02 AM

Either that or if they impeach him, they're worried about him singing like a canary to the nearest media outlet (via interview or book) about his dealings with their golden boy, Mr. Obama....

Posted by: Chris T. at December 18, 2008 11:20 AM

Corruption seems to be like the weather in Chicago, everyone talks about it, but no one does anything about it.

Posted by: Doyle Chadwick at December 18, 2008 11:28 AM

The reason they want him to quit is because hearings call for investigation and investigation shows how the Chicago Way connects many others and exposes the ones that are afraid.
The Mafia way is to silence them suddenly. Hearings will cause more ripples.

Posted by: xppc at December 18, 2008 11:29 AM

Innocent, I say!

I will have my day in court.

Posted by: Hot Rod Blago at December 18, 2008 11:02 AM

Posted by: xppc at December 18, 2008 11:49 AM

Shouldn't Comptroller Danny Hynes' name be listed with the others over the ESCR funding that bypassed the legislature?

He was touting it prior to the announcement and may have been present with the others. I wondered at the time whether his job wasn't paying the state's bills instead of promoting funding for ESCR. Hynes had reported on the state's sad state of financial affairs, but not in the case of the ESCR.

Remembering DH's enthusiasm for Rod's agreement to fund ESCR, I found it odd that recently Hynes suggested that the guv may not be mentally stable.

Posted by: msm at December 18, 2008 12:41 PM

Jill, you continue to amaze me with your vacillation. You just finished supporting the likes of McCain, whom you touted as "Pro-Life" during the election. Yet, you admit that the Illinois corruption goes acoss party lines. That "bipartisan" corruption exists at the national level. Though Alan Keyes stood shoulder-to-shoulder with you during that Illinois Senate race against the BAIPA-hating Obama, you didn't have faith enough or the moral courage to endorse someone who truly represents Conservative values and the authentic Pro-Life position. Do yourself (and all who respect your fervor for the babies) a favor, and start backing the only hope for Revival of Constitutional Principles - America's Independent Party. http://aipnews.com

Posted by: groovsmyth at December 18, 2008 1:57 PM

Oh Alan Keyes. I am pro-choice all the way, but must admit to a bizarre fondness for Alan Keyes. I would never vote for him for public office, but I do like him a lot.

Posted by: Jane at December 18, 2008 2:32 PM

Posted by: Chris T. at December 18, 2008 11:20 AM

He would have done that by now. Probably after everyone heard him call Obama a mother f-er. C'mon.

There's absolutely no shred of anything linking Obama to anything bad. Way to support your President. ;)

Posted by: Josephine at December 18, 2008 8:05 PM

i think I've found the inspiration for Jill's tabloid-esque everything in BOLD writing style : Jackie Harvey from The Onion. Your journalistic jazz-hands when you name-drop befit your tabloid-esque " Culture War" - as - soap opera obsessed blog.

I especially love that you have The Washington Times in your news links. I know that the first person I turn to when I want to chart my life is Sun Myung Moon aka Mun Yong Myong.

Posted by: Yo La Tengo at December 19, 2008 5:54 AM

XPPC: We have you figured out Hot Rod. If you can get a long trial, your "friends" can get a lot of gubment paid legal fees.

:: sticking tongue out ::

You'll never take me alive Muhahahaahaaa!

Come and get me, dirty copper!

Posted by: Hot Rod Blago at December 19, 2008 6:09 AM