Pro-lifers get death threats

Some behind-the-scenes information about the last 2 weeks follows in a June 16 article by Frank Walker at Pewsitter.com, June 1. During this time the Mod Squad has been on orange alert, greatly appreciated...

prolifers targets.jpg

In the aftermath of the shooting of late-term abortionist, Dr. George Tiller, American pro-life leaders have been receiving death threats prompting round-the-clock protection from authorities.

Jill Stanek, vilified last week at MSNBC, is the IL nurse who exposed the practice of abandoning babies that survive abortions. She has tracked and reported on the career of Dr. Tiller for years at her blog.

When I asked her this week about her own safety in wake of the shooting, Stanek said that she, along with Troy Newman of Operation Rescue and Fr. Frank Pavone at Priests for Life, had been receiving credible threats from a "troubled man involved in the abortion industry."...

Jill said that this individual is the child of a pro-choice advocate/writer and his mother had aborted several of his siblings. Following the Tiller shooting, the stalker emailed Stanek again. Federal agents are currently monitoring his movements.

Pro-life leaders have uniformly been forced to increase security measures to address threats of violence. In recent days Stanek has been placed under continuous police and federal protection following email threats to kill her at church or as she left her home:

Let me know which address is right, there's a few I could post. Or I could just drive around the houses and wait to see which one you walk out of.... Don't worry, I will find it.

Stanek also stated that her local pastors have gotten emails calling for her murder at church services:

The least you could do is offer to hold a rifle blessing service in her honor.

When questioned about security, Fr. Frank Pavone, founder of Priests for Life, said that he needs armed escorts at speaking engagements to guard him against disruptive pro-abortion demonstrators.

Individuals from groups such as NARAL, Planned Parenthood, and Catholics for Choice are often bussed in to derail these presentations. Even peaceful prayer vigils, so common to the pro-life movement, can be dangerous. Fr. Pavone was leading a prayer service in Bellingham, WA, when someone confronted him and spit in his face. Prior to his appearances, local groups Fr. Pavone calls, "pro-abortion radicals and anarchists," often signal their intent to lead violent demonstrations; but in recent days he says he's gotten more serious messages:

Father Frank, It would make me very happy if someone were to respond to this by snuffing YOU. No fooling. Right-to-lifers, in my book, no longer have a right to life.

At the Priests for Life blog, another anonymous writer said: "Killing Father Frank will not be murder. It will be justifiable homicide."

In November 2008, months before Dr. Tiller was murdered, Fr. Pavone received the following:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR FATHER FRANK PAVONE

I am predicting that there will be more anti-abortion terror because of this election. I AM ALSO PREDICTING THAT THIS TIME IT WILL BE ANSWERED IN KIND BY PRO-CHOICE COUNTERTERRORISTS, who will mount similar terrorist attacks against well-known right-to-lifers. FATHER FRANK will be a natural target for pro-choice counterterrorists.

I therefore advise you, Fr Frank, if you read that there has been another abortion-clinic shooting or bombing, get out of town immediately. Take a vacation abroad. Go visit the Vatican. If there is another act of anti-abortion terror, your life will not be safe in the USA.

Good luck.

Visible anti-abortion figures in this country get regular threats on their lives and receive violent anti-social messages. In 2008 UCLA undergrad Lila Rose garnered national attention for exposing illegal practices at Planned Parenthood clinics. The menacing emails have continued since Rose went public with her investigations.

Columnist and mother of 9, Jenn Giroux, is founder of the pro-life group, Women Influencing the Nation. Giroux was a leader in the grass roots effort to take legal action against Tiller and his clinic. Following the shooting, she suspended her website, ChargeTiller.com, due to a barrage of profane and violent posts.

Pro-abortion aggression isn't only a reality for movement leaders. Judie Brown heads up the American Life League, a landmark organization founded after Roe v. Wade. In response to our questions the league issued a statement. It calls to mind the hostility pro-lifers face at every level as they, "stand in beautiful and striking contrast to both the violence inherent to the abortion mill and the street-side violence and drive-by intimidation of abortion supporters."

Comments:

Jill:

I will pray Psalm 91 over you. I ask others to do this as well, praying Jill's name in the Psalm where appropriate.

Is it SoMG or Dr. Death as he called himself, the perpetrator?

Posted by: HisMan at June 17, 2009 10:15 AM

Sorry to say, I'm not surprised by this. I will pray for safety for all of you and your families.

Posted by: RooForLife at June 17, 2009 10:18 AM

...SoMG?!...

Posted by: xalisae at June 17, 2009 10:33 AM

I'm not surprised by the threats. The pro-abortion people have been far more violent, en masse, than pro-lifers for years.

Nobody ever mentioned the pastor that was murdered in Georgia after Michael Griffin murdered an abortionist in Fl. The pastor was held by a Wiccan who then murdered him & indicated that it was because of his pro-life stance.

Posted by: Lawrence Reves at June 17, 2009 10:41 AM

HisMan,

I'm right with you agreeing in prayer in the Mighty Name of Jesus for a hedge of angelic protection around Jill and other PL leaders.

I remember posting some rather militant comments several weeks ago and was subsequently asked why I considered the issue of abortion to be a battle, or a war. This blog illustrates the nature of the conflict we're in.

I have noticed in my Christian walk that I'll see an increase in "demonic harassment" when I have an opportunity to do something new at church, like meeting for prayer. It's like a confirmation that "I've hit a nerve."

The devil's a liar. Most of the time, he's just blowing smoke. That's not to say we shouldn't take every prudent precaution.

But God has promised, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord." Is 54:17

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 10:43 AM

Immature and cowardly, all of them.

Posted by: rosie at June 17, 2009 10:44 AM

Have faith, not fear.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at June 17, 2009 10:56 AM

Ed:

Since I have started blogging as a pro-lifer back in April of 2007, the attacks of the enemy have been merciless, relentless, and exhausting. Yes, we are in a spiritual battle, a war of cosmic proportions that dwarfs any war that has ever occurred on this planet. To not give up and to stay in the battle requires great courage and faith.

I can't begin to tell you what I've been going through, however, this is not about me, it's about doing God's work. And doing this has changed me.

One thing I noticed that satan does is to try to accuse us that what we do is not right. The pro-abort attempts at demonizing pro-lifers is an example.

We need to pray for each other every day so that we do not lose heart, that we stay on the front line and to know deep in our hearts that He has already won the battle. His banner over us is love.

I dream about the day when I will meet not only those children who were aborted but also those children who were not aborted, even if it was just one, as a result of the efforts of all pro-lifers. I also dream of the day, probably more so, of meeting those people who were once pro-choice and then became pro-life.

The future is bright!

Posted by: HisMan at June 17, 2009 11:02 AM

Praying for protection and strength for all in the battle for life. Thank you all so much for fighting alongside me!!

Love Wins.

Posted by: Carla at June 17, 2009 11:06 AM

Amen HisMan & Carla.

"Satan, right now we bind you in the Mighty Name of Jesus. We cancel the assignment of any demonic entity dispatched to harass or hinder Jill Stanek, Troy Newman, Fr. Frank Pavone and Lila Rose. We bind you satan and declare these saints covered with the protective Blood of Jesus.

Heavenly Father, we pray a hedge of angelic protection around these your servants. As You said in Your Word, "For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot." (Ps 91:11-13)

Be with them Father as they trample underfoot the snakes found in the enemy's camp.

May Your Peace which passes all understanding, guard their hearts and minds, and those of their loved ones. May they sense Your Presence, and the prayers of many of their brothers and sisters, offered on their behalf.

In the Mighty, Matchless Name of Jesus, the Name which is above every name, we pray, Amen."

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 11:38 AM

Amen.

Posted by: Carla at June 17, 2009 11:41 AM

X,
Inquiring minds want to know! ;0)
But I think they already do.

Posted by: carder at June 17, 2009 11:46 AM

"I dream about the day when I will meet not only those children who were aborted but also those children who were not aborted, even if it was just one, as a result of the efforts of all pro-lifers."

I understand you to be talking about the afterlife, but the cool thing is that probably every day we meet children and adults who were not aborted as a result of the efforts of pro-lifers.
Praise God!

Thanks to all who stand for LIFE. God Bless you.

Posted by: Janet at June 17, 2009 11:47 AM

Wow, have you guys been to Christina's site today? She has a post up that looked at the reason's Tiller gave the state for his late term abortions. Between 1998 and 2008 there was NOT ONE abortion done to save the mother's life.

Posted by: Lauren at June 17, 2009 11:48 AM

Joining my prayers with all of yours.

Posted by: Fed Up at June 17, 2009 11:50 AM

Ed:

The bible says that "the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour".

This is more than satan just blowing smoke. So while we are not intimidated by him or made fearful we are to recognize that he has the power to kill, steal and destroy and we fight him by resisting him. Resisting him includes speaking the truth in love in all its context, living in self-examination and repentance, and seeking Christ continually.

After all, how destructive is abortion and who doubts that satan is behind every single one?

I appreciate your posts and thanks for battling with me brother.

Posted by: HisMan at June 17, 2009 11:52 AM

Jill,

Bless you...truly you are a living saint. I will hold you in my prayers, imploring St. Michael's incomparable protection for you and Fr. Frank and others like you.

I admit I had no idea you were faced with such terrible threats. I certainly hope the authorities are on their toes and taking these threats seriously.

What a proud day in America... people are threatened with death for daring to try to protect a child.

God have mercy.

Posted by: Jennifer at June 17, 2009 12:03 PM

Agreed HisMan,

But if you, "speak the truth in love, live in self-examination and repentance, and seek Christ continually", he might as well be blowing smoke.

This obviously isn't the forum for a discussion on spiritual warfare. The enemy's biggest weapon is fear and while these threats should be taken very seriously, my experience is that most of the time, they aren't acted on, hence the smoke comment.

Our God is more than able to keep us from harm and uphold us with His Might Right Hand.

I think we're on the same page.

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 12:07 PM

Absolutely Ed:

Peace bother.

Posted by: HisMan at June 17, 2009 12:16 PM

Hey HisMan,

I read once where you posted that your son graduated from the Air Force Academy. I just dropped mine off at the airport this morning for his second summer of training at West Point. He'll be a sophomore next year.

Congratulations on the accomplishments of your son. I enjoy your posts as well. We live in exciting times, don't we? It's great to be alive serving Christ at the end of the age.

Peace.

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 12:27 PM

To all my Catholic brothers and sisters here, will you join me in a Divine Mercy novena for the protection of our prolife leaders, for the unborn at risk of abortion, and for all those in need of God's mercy? I'll be starting my novena of mercy chaplets today during the hour of great mercy. May God have mercy and bless us all!

Posted by: Fed Up at June 17, 2009 12:34 PM

Good post, Jill.
And just think, I almost had a job @ OptionLine.
Bummer.

Posted by: Collin Brendemuehl at June 17, 2009 12:37 PM

HisMan & Ed,

My little sister just graduated at the head of her class with acceptance to the AFA. She had all sorts of AF Jr. ROTC honors. :)
Not my son (who is only 10 months-would that not be impressive ;)...) but I thought I'd chime in.

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 12:39 PM

Praying all prayers that were in your blog for you and praying my own also. A friend of mine and others go to Planned Parenthood every Saturday in Merrillville and I am planning on going soon with them. Pray for their protection also, and all pro-lifers that sidewalk counsel.

Posted by: Debbie R at June 17, 2009 12:41 PM

You noisy prolifers:

Might I suggest that you move to a farm, get a little bit of camo for your outdoor fun, and do some of the usual things expected of rural people. It seems to inhibit the threats for some reason. All I get are waves of futile attacks to the computers. Even our hate mail at the main website is boring.

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 12:41 PM

I'm so sorry, I didnt know Jill and other pro life leaders were going through this either although its not surprising.

A symptom of the sick society we live in.

Posted by: Joanne at June 17, 2009 12:48 PM

Congrats to your sister MaryRose!

And to you for that little bundle of joy! A future soldier no doubt, if not in the US Army, certainly in God's army.

I'm sure we'll have the abortion war won by then and he'll be fighting other battles for His Kingdom.

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 12:52 PM

Ed,

Thanks! ^_^ Little bundle of trouble, more like.

That's certainly my prayer! To have the abortion war won as soon as possible, and to have my little guy a soldier for God! :)

Congratulations on your son's achievements. Those West Point summers are grueling but worthwhile, as I understand. :)

FedUp,

A Divine Mercy Novena is an excellent idea. I would be happy to join you.

Jill,

You have my prayers. You are a wonderful champion for the cause of the unborn, and I am confident that The Lord will be with you.

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 1:15 PM

Sorry, Pharmer...your discomfort at us Pro-lifers is at the least of our concerns when we're dealing with Life issues. Particulary when we're defending the lives of the unborn.

Posted by: RSD at June 17, 2009 1:17 PM

RSD,

I'm pretty sure pharmer was being funny. Click the link on his name.

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 1:19 PM

I'm not surprised. The emails sound very scary.

1. I don't believe it is SOMG.

2. I am glad that Jill Stanek has let us know. We must all pray for anyone doing the good work of protecting innocent babies, especially those who are very visible public figures.

3. My opinion of Fr. Pavone just skyrocketed.

4. Has this situation been largely ignored by the proabort mainstream media? And if so, can we make this an issue? And also is the media in America with it's vitriolic columns and op-ed pieces, guilty of fanning the flames against innocent prolifers for the sake of ideological gain.

5. We must also give consideration to the culpability of the proabortion lobby itself which has reprehensibly and irresponsibly labelled ALL prolifers, as "terrorists".
They KNOW that the man who killed Tiller was a mentally unstable man with ties to anarchist groups. He was NOT prolife.

By publicly attempting to link this man with bona fide prolife groups, the implication by proaborts, is that all prolifers are mentally unstable and also anarchists who seek to bring down the US.
Their hysterical reaction to this situation demonstrates why dialogue and "finding common ground" in the abortion debate will likely never work.

Posted by: angel at June 17, 2009 1:20 PM

RSD if your knew who I am, you'd be embarrassed at your job of reading my post.

Now go read the post again...... it's a fun suggestion for Real, active pro lifers, (and it is very effective).

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 1:24 PM

Angel,

Fr. Pavone is an AWESOME guy. Check out his YouTube videos. Or his website. Or just about any speech he's ever given.

Really, he's amazing.

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 1:28 PM

See, Mary Rose gets it......

'cept that I'm a Grrrrrl .

Decided to feature Jill's good stuff on my little- blog today.

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 1:32 PM

pharmer: you do have a interesting blog. very witty
Love the post about the med student who wants to follow in Tillers footsteps!
And yes I see that you are indeed a grrrrrllll!! :)

Posted by: angel at June 17, 2009 1:35 PM

Pharmer,

Oops! My mistake!

Sorry!

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 1:44 PM

TY, Angel. Send your pals there if they like baaaaaaaaaad pro lifers.

My blog elicits a marked, immediate pressor effect in the ideological opponents, AND clears the chunky plaque right out of their arteries.

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 1:46 PM

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 1:46 PM

got anything that provides electroshock? :)

Posted by: angel at June 17, 2009 2:02 PM

Mary Rose, no sweat.

I have obtained much amusement from this over the years, in professional situations.

Pharmer phone phun would be great for You Tube, with the protected health info bleeped out.

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 2:02 PM

Angel....... for electroshock, the tools are down on the Pharm. A great automotive battery charger and a big generator. For mild treatments, we have the electric fence shockers.
Choose the voltage and your amperage, AC or DC.

Yes, we do it all!!!!

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 2:05 PM

Mary Rose:

Congratulations to your sister. There are 40,000 applicants every year for just about 900 slots. Becoming a combat pilot is even more difficult.

The AFA cadets represent the best of the best.

Not only must they be smart, they must be physically fit as well, and to be accepted must go through a grueling nomination and appointment process.

My son was nominated by Congressman John Shadegg in 1997 and appointed in 1998 by Senator John McCain. He graduated in 2002, got his wings in 2004 and fought in Iraq for almost 5 years as a combat pilot.

He is now a corporate pilot, a dad and a husband, not to mention a very devout Christian.

I am very, very proud of him.

By the way, I prayed Psalm 91 over him all the time. I know it works.

Posted by: HisMan at June 17, 2009 2:27 PM

Pharmer...my mistake. Didn't have time to click on your name.

We DO get a lot 'comments' like that you know.

Posted by: RSD at June 17, 2009 2:38 PM

...that's a mean compound bow you're holding...*EG*

Posted by: RSD at June 17, 2009 2:51 PM

HisMan,

My sis got the appointment before her nomination came through, so we're especially proud of her. Of course, she got the nomination. Practically all she had to do was bring in her appointment ;)

She is an exceptionally bright student who raised her grades incredibly from failing 2 classes her freshman year of high school to straight As and head of her school. All honors classes. We're quite thrilled.

She has dreams of becoming an aeronautical engineer.

I pray for her nightly. I must confess, I have yet to consider Psalm 91 for her (although I am sure I will in the near future), but I pray for her and ask her patron Saint (Joan of Arc) for intercession.

Congratulations on your son's tremendous success and on your grandchild(ren)! It sounds like you have plenty of reasons to be proud of him! :)

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 2:55 PM

Pharmer,

Your blog is cracking me up!

Bookmarked for sure!

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 3:33 PM

Creepy. Sorry you are having to suffer this because of the madness of others.

Prayers. Is it any wonder that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is courage?

Posted by: Sherry at June 17, 2009 4:20 PM

RSD, there are nooooooo comments like MY comments.
hehhehheh. That bow is a little spyder, for shooting while seated. Works well, but a little noisy.

Mary Rose, congrats to your little sister. Thatsa big deal! and prayers that she escapes any untoward effects of the Obamanator during her service.

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 4:35 PM

Thanks, pharmer :)

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 4:39 PM

All, thanks for kind words and prayers. Totally fine here. Only complaint is I don't feel free to post fun little nothings on Facebook/Twitter these days about my traverses.

Re: SOMG - yes, all, good guess. He's one of the culprits, although there are more. Smoggy was the author of the comment posted by Fr. Pavone. It makes me feel cool to say the feds are aware.

Pharmer, thanks for phocusing your blog on mine today. Your comments amuse me, for a Grrrrl.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at June 17, 2009 5:34 PM

Jill, I don't understand what was so controversial about pointing out the source of one of the quotes in the article that you quoted in this post, that my comment was deleted. While the source may have been offensive, it was in no way a threat. To not acknowledge this is dishonest.

Posted by: Ray at June 17, 2009 6:24 PM

wow, I'm kinda stunned! Although I know he was kicked off of several other prolife blogs for really truly nasty comments.
It continues to sadden me how many people are truly affected by abortion, sometimes in ways we can't begin to imagine.

Posted by: angel at June 17, 2009 6:51 PM

Ray,
I deleted your comment. I will let Jill decide if she will allow it back up. Just doin my job.

Posted by: Carla at June 17, 2009 6:55 PM

The full letter looked threatening to me, to be honest.

Along with many of the comments on that site.

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 7:02 PM

It makes me feel cool to say the feds are aware.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at June 17, 2009 5:34 PM

You are cool Jill, way.

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 7:11 PM

Why should any of us be surprised at death threats coming from people who freely endorse the elective killing of unborn human beings? The little matter of legality is all that has held them back, and they may cross that line with very little thought, especially if they think they can get away with it.

Standing up for life can be a dangerous activity. Those of weak courage ought to stay on the sidelines, and look out for their safety.

The rest of us will carry on.

Posted by: Doyle Chadwick at June 17, 2009 7:11 PM

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 7:12 PM

Ray, it wasn't at all funny to send an email like that to my pastors as well as post a link to my church's website and their email addresses on the heels of Tiller being killed in a church.

It's also easy to say "It was all a joke, come on!" after knowing the feds are involved. Right.

I'll just say they didn't think it was funny. Police are now keeping an extra eye on my church as well as my home.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at June 17, 2009 7:33 PM

Hi Jill,

In the wake of Olbermann's giving you that "award," here is some news I hope makes you feel good!

Last Sunday I went to my sister's church for Mass. (She lives 85 miles from me.) The priest (I have no idea who he is, since I don't go to that church) mentioned the whole Olbermann thing and stood up for you 10,000%! He praised you for having a SUPERB website and encouraged everyone to visit your site.

He gave a very accurate bio on you and your work and said you are an excellent blogger and that everyone who is a pro-life Christian needs to tune in to your site as it is a prime, up to the minute source for everything pro-life (all of which I already knew!).

There were several people who asked me about your site afterward when we were walking to the car so I gave them the site address.

When he finished, I started clapping and several others joined in. Then he said, "Aaaah! I see some of you are already aware of this most COURAGEOUS woman. Pray for her and her work, that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide her and strengthen her through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."

YOU JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCK!

Posted by: Mike at June 17, 2009 7:37 PM

Mike,
Glad you're back!! :)

If Jill blogs it.....they will come.....

Posted by: Carla at June 17, 2009 7:55 PM

Always happy to push your work on my personal site, Jill, and the our organization continues to back you. Any time you want a special order on our big site, you know who to call.

Heading off to the nocturnal world of pharmacy.... ;-)

Posted by: pharmer at June 17, 2009 8:04 PM

Jill, You're one gutsy lady, and the proborts hate that! Please don't stop... please keep discussing the born alive infent protection act... God and all of heaven, and fellow beviers are with you! "Heavenly Fother, I come before your throne to ask you to bless Jill, as she does the work you have callecd her to do. I also pray for all post abortive wimmon, that your love would suround them in a special way... Especially Carla, because I know some times it still hearts, even after all these years but when ever thoughs times come, Let her know you Lord are with her. Angele, is a living testamoney to all of us,give her the stranth, to do that which you have called her to do as well. Gianna Jessen, has also been under attack by the devil, because he heats life. Bless her Lord... Thank you for my fellow brothers and sisters within the pro-life movement. In Jesus name. Amen

Posted by: RJ Sandefur at June 17, 2009 9:16 PM

Amen RJ

Posted by: Ed at June 17, 2009 9:32 PM

Amen

Posted by: MaryRose at June 17, 2009 9:34 PM

Farmer, You're the bomb! RJ

Posted by: RJ Sandefur at June 17, 2009 9:56 PM

Amen.

Posted by: Carla at June 17, 2009 10:09 PM

Mike at 7:37 PM

That was fantastic to hear! I would say that priest rocks too!

Posted by: Joanne at June 17, 2009 10:15 PM

And they call pro lifers violent and terrorists? :(

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at June 17, 2009 10:25 PM

Awesome story, Mike.

See, Jill? They like you, they really like you!

Posted by: carder at June 17, 2009 11:24 PM

As always, we will keep all of you in our prayers.

Posted by: Ryan at June 18, 2009 7:01 PM

Where are the posts from pro-aborts condemning these threats? They certainly make mention of any pro-lifer that does or says anything close to violent. Why can they not condemn violence from all sides?

Posted by: segamon at June 19, 2009 2:57 AM

Leave it to the pro-life crowd to not get the joke. JC Christian's site is OBVIOUSLY non-threatening and the fact that Jill decided to take a of the email *COMPLETELY* out of realm of any sort of underlying context is amusing.

The rifle blessing ceremony was to bless the rifle used by the next PRO-LIFE nut-job to kill a doctor, not to kill Ms. Stanek. Use your brain and read the letter...

Posted by: CevinK at June 19, 2009 12:21 PM

I find it very interesting to email something like that to a church and to a person, and then when you know you've been turned in to the Feds, say "Oh, come on! Don't you get the JOKE?"

Give me a break. Why email it unless you wanted it to be taken seriously? I would feel threatened, too, if someone suggested a "rifle blessing" service in my honor. At my church.

Very reminiscent of what happened to Tiller, no? Sounds like a threat to me.

Posted by: Kel at June 19, 2009 12:29 PM

Oh. I thought that was Dr. Tiller in the sights. Must have read it wrong. Not that there's anything wrong or like contradictory with ProLife Killers who kill teh prochoice to save the feti isthere

Posted by: Muffy at June 19, 2009 5:44 PM

Very sad that this is going on. What ever happened to freedom? Both sides are wrong. I am sure God is frowning at the lot of us.

Posted by: tallmanm at June 20, 2009 6:58 AM

Praise be the Lord! Let the Great Lord protect us from the wicked and VILE snark that those dastardly logical liberals throw at us. OUR God didn't find it necessary to Bless His flock with a sense of reality, we only need acknowledge HIS Reality, which is conveniently located in the large, empty space in our heads. God knows that as humble servants unto Him, we have no need for for that evil, vile, pink mush that liberals call a "brain", but what I call pure Evil.
Can I get a hallelujah!

Posted by: greg at June 21, 2009 9:33 PM

As well they should.

Posted by: Pro-Abort and Proud at June 22, 2009 7:16 PM

The pro-choice trolls who are coming here and defending the threatening letters or making comments like-wise to the threats in the letters are lucky Ms. Stanek hasn't taken notice to your comments yet, but I will be bringing them to a moderator's attention.

Posted by: Rachael C. at June 26, 2009 7:01 PM

Um, if prolifers are being targeted, then --

Why is "Prolifers" on THIS side of the crosshairs?

Posted by: Weemaryanne at June 27, 2009 5:11 PM