Patriarch Bob Schindler has passed away

UPDATE, 12:05p: LifeNews.com has a more detailed article up on the sad loss of Bob Schindler.
_______________

bob and mary schindler.jpgI just received the sad news from Schindler family friend Bro. Paul O'Donnell that family patriarch Bob Schindler passed away early this morning in a FL hospital.

Bob was 71 72 years old and died of heart failure. His health had been deteriorating, but his death was still unexpected. He was admitted to the hospital only yesterday complaining of shortness of breath.

bob and terry.jpgI'm so sad for this dear family, who has endured so much. Bro. Paul told me Bob was never quite the same after Terri was killed by denial of hydration and nutrition on March 31, 2005.

Bob's funeral is tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 4, in the Philadelphia area. Details to follow.

Please join me in praying for the Schindler family's comfort and peace at this tragic time.

I know the family is very close, and Bob's death will devastate them.

Comments:

Jill,

I will join you in prayer for this dear family.

I will pray that the survivors of Terri and Bob will come to 100% faith in God and find true healing and comfort in Jesus Christ so that no other tragedy like Bob's broken and unhealed heart can happen again to another member of the Schindler family.

Bob's death is truly a tragedy and very, very sad.

Posted by: Marie at August 29, 2009 11:03 AM

This is horrible. Let's pray super hard for Mary.

Posted by: Jacqueline at August 29, 2009 11:35 AM

Lifting up the Schindler family, that the grace, peace and comfort of our Lord Jesus Christ might fill them in their hour of need.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at August 29, 2009 12:06 PM

Praying for the family.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at August 29, 2009 12:10 PM

Jill,

Robert was born October 23, 1937. He was indeed 71 when he passed.

Posted by: Marie at August 29, 2009 12:15 PM

Praying for all the family and finding comfort that he is reunited with Terri and his Lord

Posted by: muriel at August 29, 2009 12:45 PM

I saw him at the national RTL convention in 2004 and he sure looked frail then but plunged forward. My heart breaks for the tragedy this family has faced.

Posted by: Maria at August 29, 2009 1:13 PM

Rest in peace, Mr. Schindler.

Posted by: Terri's Fighters of Bradford Co., FL at August 29, 2009 4:21 PM

He was a good man. I had the privilege of interviewing him several times on air. He fought the good fight and stood up for what was right. I'm quite confident he will be rewarded on the other side.

~Best
Pat Campbell
Host of The Pat Campbell Show
Heard mornings 6:00 to 9:00AM CT
on 1170 KFAQ Tulsa, OK

Posted by: Pat Campbell at August 29, 2009 4:27 PM

Terri was so blessed to have had such a wonderful Father!

Those of us who remember the dire times in front of the hospice
recall how, in spite of his overwhelming pain and sorrow, he
never failed to encourage Terri's supporters.

One of the most precious souls I've ever encountered!

Posted by: Leslie Hanks at August 29, 2009 5:07 PM

I am sure the pain over Terri's court ordered murder didn't help his health.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

And since the Schindler Family is Catholic, you can be assured they will find comfort with Jesus at this time.

And now hopefully being reunited with his little girl, he can learn the truth about what led to her condition.

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at August 29, 2009 9:35 PM

we all morn and pray for this family who has suffered greatly

Posted by: mike bolognese at August 31, 2009 3:46 AM

Bob Schindler, may he rest in peace, was truly as fine a Christian man as one could meet. His enormous strength in the face of such an incredible injustice being done to his daughter and his dear wife and family was a sight to behold. I am not sure I could of held up as well under similar circumstances.

God speed, Mr. Schindler. What great joy in being reunited with Terri in paradise!

Posted by: Jerry at August 31, 2009 8:05 PM

May he rest in peace. He is with Terri again.

Posted by: Richard at September 1, 2009 11:40 PM

God bless the Schindler family.

Posted by: Janet at September 2, 2009 11:41 AM