ACORN, SEIU, and MIA

acorn logo 7.jpgHey! Just an fyi to explain I've been a tad out of pocket the last few days over the ACORN/SEIU/Obama story.

Remember I live in IL. And suddenly there is a lot of information being discovered and dots put together between not just ACORN/SEIU and Obama, but also between ACORN/SEIU and former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, current Gov. Patrick Quinn, Attorney General Lisa Madigan, yadda yadda.

So I'm still here and very busy, just veering momentarily in a slightly different direction.

Plus my computer is suddenly bogging down, and I have to call Dell.

Plus I accidentally left my oven on all night and have a repairman at the door as I type.

Like I said, yadda yadda.... :)

Comments:

We understand. This is very important and I keep thinking of Esther....for such a time as this!
I pray for your safety.

Posted by: Maria at September 24, 2009 2:04 PM

When it rains, it pours. God bless you, Jill, for all you do for LIFE!

Posted by: Janet at September 24, 2009 2:49 PM

Keep safe and keep up the good work.

Posted by: Andy at September 24, 2009 2:53 PM

Praying for you Jill. God bless and protect you.

Posted by: Prolifer L at September 24, 2009 3:21 PM

Hang in there sister! When the going gets tough, the tough get going...cheers to you!

Posted by: Robyn at September 24, 2009 4:07 PM

keep thirking of the babbys>

Posted by: kavya at September 24, 2009 4:11 PM

Lisa madigan can't investigate ACORN /SEIU
She has far too much money from them

Posted by: xppc at September 24, 2009 4:42 PM

Ping me on Facebook - I'm a computer technician and I can help you (probably faster/better than Dell, unless it's under warranty).

Posted by: James at September 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Jill:

RegCure is a good program to speed up your computer.

Also do a complete maintenance such as deleting unnecessary files and ccokies, a defrag and chkdsk. Install adaware and AVG anti-virus and you'll be good to go.

Also, controlling your startup menu is good too.

This is what Dell will tell you to do.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at September 24, 2009 5:10 PM

This just in: Excerpts from Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu's address to the United Nations, 9/24/09.

"atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/09/israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahus-un-speechbut-to-those-who-gave-this-holocaustdenier-a-hea.html"

"youtube.com/watch?v=NOkHZgh1Dbc"

Yesterday, the man [the president of Iran] who calls the Holocaust a lie spoke from this podium. To those who refused to come here and to those who left this room in protest, I commend you. You stood up for moral clarity and you brought honor to your countries.

[Are you listening pro-life Notre Dame students and alumni?]

But to those who gave this Holocaust-denier a hearing, I say on behalf of my people, the Jewish people, and decent people everywhere: Have you no shame? Have you no decency?

[Are you're ears burnining mr. Jenkins?]

A mere six decades after the Holocaust, you give legitimacy to a man who denies that the murder of six million Jews took place and pledges to wipe out the Jewish state. What a disgrace! What a mockery of the charter of the United Nations!
Perhaps some of you think that this man and his odious regime threaten only the Jews. You're wrong. History has shown us time and again that what starts with attacks on the Jews eventually ends up engulfing many others.

This Iranian regime is fueled by an extreme fundamentalism that burst onto the world scene three decades ago after lying dormant for centuries.

In the past thirty years, this fanaticism has swept the globe with a murderous violence and cold-blooded impartiality in its choice of victims. It has callously slaughtered Moslems and Christians, Jews and Hindus, and many others. Though it is comprised of different offshoots, the adherents of this unforgiving creed seek to return humanity to medieval times. Wherever they can, they impose a backward regimented society where women, minorities, gays or anyone not deemed to be a true believer is brutally subjugated.

The struggle against this fanaticism does not pit faith against faith nor civilization against civilization. It pits civilization against barbarism, the 21st century against the 9th century, those who sanctify life against those who glorify death.
That is why the greatest threat facing the world today is the marriage between religious fanaticism and the weapons of mass destruction, and the most urgent challenge facing this body is to prevent the tyrants of Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

Are the member states of the United Nations up to that challenge? Will the international community confront a despotism that terrorizes its own people as they bravely stand up for freedom?
The people of Iran are courageously standing up to this regime. People of goodwill around the world stand with them, as do the thousands who have been protesting outside this hall. Will the United Nations stand by their side?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The jury is still out on the United Nations, and recent signs are not encouraging."
------------------------------------------------------------

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at September 24, 2009 8:26 PM

Jill, don't forget how "proud" we are to have as our Junior Senator Roland Burris, one of seven senators who voted not to defund ACORN. WLS' Roe Conn calls him "Roley the Boo" because he sounds like Winnie the Pooh! Hope your computer and stove are repaired by now and glad to hear everyone was safe. LL

Posted by: LauraLoo at September 24, 2009 8:28 PM

Kbhvac:

Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu is a man's man. I only wish that our President had the same testicular fortitude that he has.

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem".

As the President of the US, Obama's treatment of Israel is a disgrace and spells doom for our country.

For the record, I do not support or ascribe to Obama's view of Israel. Israel is the apple of God's eye and He has not forgotten them. May God have mercy on me and my family when the full folly of abandoning Israel is revealed in this country when the Lord's hand of protection is removed.

We should not be surprised though, the Bible predicts that Israel would stand alone against the whole world and not be defeated. Woe to those that abandon and betray her.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at September 24, 2009 9:25 PM

More bad news for the 'old school' bra burnin feministas.

“www.thelocal.se/22228/20090922/”

'Flammable' bras hold back Swedish female conscripts

[LOL]

Published: 22 Sep 09 15:02 CET

The bras issued to Swedish female military conscripts easily catch fire and are prone to coming undone, making them inappropriate for the battlefield, claims a conscripts’ rights group.

The women complained that the bras’ fasteners have a tendency to come undone when the women performed rigorous exercise, forcing the female soldiers to take off all of their equipment in order to refasten the brassieres.

[As a male the only way I can relate to this kind of wardrobe malfunction is when the elastic in the legs holes of my briefs wear out. It is really disconcerting when thing won't stay put. If you want more detail, ask your husband.]

In addition, the bras aren’t flame resistant and, once lit, can melt onto conscripts’ skin, the Göteborgs-Posten (GP) newspaper reports.
----------------------------------------------------

Wow, the logistical nightmares of provisioning the new military.

Testing flame resistant bras would be akin to testing parachutes.

Do you order get them in only one color: olive drab?

Or do you order in different colors for different occasions?

What do you wear with a 'dress' uniform?

Black, strapless, padded, a nursing bra?

Where is G.I. Jane when we need her expertise?

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at September 24, 2009 9:50 PM

This is one of the keys to eliminating legal abortion:

From: http://www.alliancealert.org/2009/09/24/pastors-ready-for-second-annual-plupit-freedom-sunday-on-sept-27/

Pastors ready for second annual Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 27

ALLIANCE DEFENSE FUND NEWS RELEASE
September 24, 2009 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT ADF MEDIA RELATIONS: (480) 444-0020 or www.adfmedia.org/home/contact

Pastors ready for second annual
Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 27

More than 80 pastors to preach sermons involving biblical perspectives
on electoral candidates or officeholders despite IRS rule muzzling speech in the pulpit

LEAWOOD, Kan. — More than 80 pastors nationwide will be participating in the Alliance Defense Fund’s second annual Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 27. The pastors will preach sermons related to biblical perspectives on the positions of electoral candidates or current government officials, exercising their constitutional right to free religious expression despite a problematic Internal Revenue Service rule that activists groups often use to silence churches.

Pulpit Freedom Sunday is an event associated with the ADF Pulpit Initiative, a legal effort designed to secure the First Amendment rights of pastors in the pulpit. Some of the pastors preaching Sunday will address the positions of candidates in current state governor’s races; others will address the positions of existing government officials or people who have declared themselves for office in future elections.

Full news release, quotes, and related media resources available at the following link:

ADF is a legal alliance of Christian attorneys and like-minded organizations defending the right of people to freely live out their faith. Launched in 1994, ADF employs a unique combination of strategy, training, funding, and litigation to protect and preserve religious liberty, the sanctity of life, marriage, and the family.

www.adfmedia.org

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at September 24, 2009 9:52 PM

I imagine it'd be much the same as other undergarments are issued, ken.

I don't see why they don't just use sports bras of some variety. It would make more sense.

Posted by: xalisae at September 24, 2009 10:51 PM

Thanks for prayers and advice all!

I have a Dell, and it's under warranty. So I spent a couple hours on the phone yesterday with techs. I had to hang up before we were done because I had to attend an event. They did a lot to get rid of junk and temporary files (2.1 Gigs!) and we also made improvements to my Outlook. But we didn't get to my real problem right now - Mozilla. I don't know why it's slowing down and freezing, but I have to call Dell back to work on that.

Meanwhile the repairman took care of the oven.

Posted by: Jill Stanek at September 25, 2009 9:01 AM

I have to be honest, I am embarrassed to say that I live in this corrupt state of Illinois ... Edwardsville to be exact. Jill, I am praying for you and know that the spiritual warfare is great ... Joshua 1:9

Posted by: Abortion Support at September 25, 2009 2:50 PM

Jill,

Get-a-Mac get-a-Mac get-a-Mac-Mac-Mac.

I was freed from the shackles of Windows and Dell and now feel free and so very clean.

They cost a little more, but how much is your down-time worth?

Posted by: St Blogustine at September 28, 2009 10:04 AM

Hehe, clever name...

Posted by: Bobby Bambino Author Profile Page at September 28, 2009 10:37 AM

Posted by: St Blogustine at September 28, 2009 10:04 AM

Hehe, clever name...
Posted by: Bobby Bambino at September 28, 2009 10:37 AM

Yes, it is. :-)

~Janet

Posted by: Janet at September 28, 2009 12:45 PM

Ken, it's not that hard to "test" flame-resistant bras. Try to light them on fire. I test flame-resistant curtains at my job all the time, with the fire marshal. Do we light the whole theater on fire to see if the curtain ignites? No. Using common sense, we cut off a small piece of the material being tested, hold it over an open flame, and see if it catches on fire.

Additionally, bra-burning feminists are something of a cultural myth. There was at least one notable protest when women threw a variety of products into a trash can -- bras, yes; but also nylons, deodorant, girdles, etc -- as a critique of modern beauty culture, or valuing women for their [unnatural] appearance rather than their whole [natural] selves. The bra-burning claim most likely goes back to a reporter who tried to satirically draw a parallel between the feminist protests and the Vietnam (draft-burning) protests.

Posted by: Alexandra at September 28, 2009 2:04 PM