Lunch Break: Woman sings while in labor

To give us a break from the daily grind...

Email Bethany with your Lunch Break suggestions!

Comments:

That was beautiful.

Posted by: Jacqueline at October 5, 2009 1:18 PM

She has an amazing voice, doesn't she?

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at October 5, 2009 1:52 PM

Wow, couldn't even tell when she had the 1st contraction. Jac, right, that was beautiful. Thanks, Bethany!

Posted by: Jill Stanek Author Profile Page at October 5, 2009 3:05 PM

I love this.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at October 5, 2009 3:38 PM

What a gorgeous voice she has! However, I'm guessing she wasn't in a very late stage of labor. :D

Posted by: Kelli Author Profile Page at October 5, 2009 4:01 PM

If she had 2 contractions in 3 minutes, that means she is about to give birth. What a beautiful way to great your baby! :)

Posted by: Jacquelyn at October 5, 2009 4:19 PM

I think she had undergone hypnosis to help her with the contractions- and that's why she was so calm throughout it. Although I can't say for sure exactly what stage she was in in this video.

Posted by: Bethany at October 5, 2009 4:55 PM

Awesome video, awesome voice, awesome harmony, an awesome powerful birth, and more important what an awesome God that gives us the privilege of giving birth to beautiful babies and to participate with him in creating another life.

Kelli I have seen women who labored and gave birth like this (even while in hard labor) and I had a similar birth with Christian music playing, praying, scriptures etc. what I call a "Labor of Faith" it is quite beautiful and spiritually powerful. Most women would have a doula (professional labor assistant), a nurse-midwife or professional lay-midwife for a similar type of of birth experience which may or may not have a faith-based emphasis, it depends on what the woman desires.

Posted by: Prolifer L at October 5, 2009 5:51 PM

That was truly beautiful. What she was doing was far more powerful than hypnosis. She was offering up her labor pains as a prayer.

I had all 5 of my babies at home, and through the worst of the pain, what got me through (in a similar, peaceful manner), was taking my suffering and offering it to Christ on the Cross, to join Him in His Suffering. I offered it for those that I love and once for someone I hadn't even met--a man who was dying and whom I was asked to offer my labor for, for the intention that he would come to accept Jesus before his death.

Posted by: Sylvia at October 5, 2009 11:34 PM

Posted by: Bethany at October 5, 2009 4:55 PM
*************************

Yeah, hypnosis would sure help! :D My chiropractor said she did that with her labor.

Prolifer L, I think the whole "labor of faith" idea sounds great! More power to those that choose it. :)

I can say that I prayed during labor, but it was extremely, extremely painful this last time around, so my prayers were a bit less...uh...calm? :D

Posted by: Kelli Author Profile Page at October 6, 2009 12:55 PM

That's ok Kelli. I think it is just fine to let out "a joyful noise unto the Lord" at appropriate times during labor. If it was a more painful labor than others it may be due a different type of labor than what you are used to (back, front, side, or butt labor)or due to malposition of the baby that needs to be corrected.

Posted by: Prolfer L at October 8, 2009 1:03 PM