Huckabee: Former Planned Parenthood director describes watching abortion on ultrasound

Former Bryan, TX, Planned Parenthood director Abby Johnson was interviewed on Gov. Mike Huckabee's Fox show last night (replaying tonight), and described the horrific, gut-wrenching experience of watching on ultrasound a baby pull away from an abortionist's probe trying to kill him or her...

No wonder the other side hates ultrasounds, fighting legislation forcing abortionists to offer an abortion-minded mother the opportunity to view her preborn baby. Will the other side now put blinders on workers? That would be interesting.

Read backstory on Johnson here.

Comments:

Somehow Huckabee forgot to ask why she fled into the arms of a group who according to her radio interview on 9/26/09 were terrorists threatening to kill her and her family. Or why she turned over confidential information on co workers and patients to the people she called terorists. Or why a restraining order had to be sought to protect patients and co workers. I doubt she gets the "creampuff" treatment in court.

Posted by: Bystander at November 8, 2009 10:53 AM

It's simple, Simple Bystander:
1. Because she was lying when she was a pro-abort.
2. You have no evidence for that so now you are the liar.
3. Because Planned Parenthood does everything from a position of fear, not reality.

Posted by: GO Personhood! at November 8, 2009 11:33 AM

Oh be quiet

I am glad she changed her view. And I am glad she left that deadly place.

I challenge those who are pro abortion that post here to view a 3D or 4D ultrasound and tell me that's NOT a human being

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at November 8, 2009 11:33 AM

Former Abortion providers tell their conversion stories:

Posted by: Janet at November 8, 2009 12:13 PM

All I have to say is thank you to all the sidealk counselors that pray and talk to these women daily.
Prayer works! I pray daily that these workers will have their eyes opened to what is really happening to these babies. Thank you God for this woman seeing the TRUTH.
Isn't it amazing that when the TRUTH is revealed the lies crumble and the anti-abortion/pro-life/pro-woman/pro-baby side wins!

Posted by: kmann at November 8, 2009 12:35 PM

I initially focused on Ms. Johnson's obviously inconsistent and preposterous statements. The bigger picture is that she is in tremendous legal trouble and needs competent legal advice that she is obviouslynot getting, either because she doesn't have a lawyer, or is "represented" by some hack who is looking for publicity or to futher a political goal at her expense.

No competent, ethical lawyer would allow her to do that interview in view of the pending legal actions. I hope the judge insists she find competent counsel.

I am not sure Ms Johnson fully realizes who she is "in bed" with. I noted her startled reaction when Huckabeemade it clear that to the religious far right none of the services of PP, whether contraception, pap smears, cancer screenings etc are "legitimate".

It may not be too late for a good lawyer to save her in part by a consent decree that "I didn't give out confidential information, and I won't do it again".

I hope she gets away from the influence of those she claimed wanted to kill her and her family, and finds someone who has her best interests in mind. I truly wish her well.

Posted by: Bystander at November 8, 2009 1:22 PM

Bystander, your posts are always good for a laugh.

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 1:30 PM

She is very brave to offer her testimony for the world...to stand up to Planned Parenthood and let everyone know what she experienced, knowing exactly what kind of opposition she was going to have to face. I wish more people would see ultrasounds and realize the reality of what abortion really is.

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 1:36 PM

Bethany, I don't know why anyone would laugh at Ms. Johnson's legal troubles. Your reaction is odd.

Posted by: Bystander at November 8, 2009 1:47 PM

I'm laughing at you, Bystander. What legal troubles?

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 1:51 PM

Most people would consider the preliminary injunction hearing scheduled for November 10 significant. I hope Ms. Johnson and her lawyer take it seriously, unlike you, as it could determine her employment and financial future.

Posted by: Bystander at November 8, 2009 3:11 PM

Bystander, I think what Planned Parenthood is REALLY worried about is not the revelation of confidential patient records but that Johnson will make more damaging revelations about what really goes on inside their clinics. She's already said (as she does here) that abortion a is money-making business for them, and that she was asked to convince more women to have abortions. That is sick.

Planned Parenthood claimed that someone inside the clinic saw Johnson copying patient records, but there is no evidence she revealed anything that was in them. And I don't think I would every believe anything PP says anyway.

Did you truly listen to what was on the video? Doesn't it disturb you at all?

Posted by: Lori Pieper at November 8, 2009 3:14 PM

What Bystander and Planned Parenthood are worried about is the fact that it reflects very poorly on them when one of their respected own converts and is LOUD about it!

Praise GOD for Ms. Johnson's voice! What a powerful new ally!

It's no great wonder that BS and other consummated pro-aborts would have her look like a crazy person. No worries. The more they scramble to shut her up, the more she's speaking out! Their diversion tactics aren't working!

:) God is good, all the time!

Posted by: MaryRose at November 8, 2009 3:25 PM

Also note where she said that the abortionists tried to work as fast as possible to get as many procedures in a day, in apparent disregard for patient safety. What kind of "medical" practice is this?

Posted by: Lori Pieper at November 8, 2009 3:29 PM

A simple question for bystander, "would you have wanted your mother to have had you aborted? My question is not would you have wanted your mother to have had the choice, but whether to abort you bystander? I have yet had anyone to the zillions I have asked this question to, say yes. It is ALWAYS the already born who support death for others. People such as this are hypocrites, cruel, and cowards.

Posted by: Irish Jim at November 8, 2009 3:44 PM

Looks like it's Good News Day here at Jill's.

Excellent!

Posted by: Louise at November 8, 2009 3:46 PM

Good news day, indeed!
Nothing makes pro-aborts come unhinged like one of their own having a conversion of heart and showing some love for unborn little people.

No innocent 'bystanders' in that bunch. They're totally humiliated when their activities are called out in the open. Most people who figure out what abortion is are disgusted with the people who make money from it.

So glad Abby is airing the dirty (blood-stained) laundry. She'll be fine in court.

The pro-aborts are losing cover and political clout, as is evident from yesterday's events in the House. Consider Bystander's comments on this topic. The only pro-aborts have left is desperate, grasping fear-mongering.

Posted by: Mary Ann at November 8, 2009 4:33 PM

So true, Mary Ann!

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 7:21 PM

Praying for you Abby!!! The TRUTH is on your side! You have worked in the bloody business of abortion, you know it better than those who support it and do not bat an eye at it. You have seen with your own eyes the death of a human child. So glad your heart was moved.

YOU GO GIRL!! FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 7:54 PM

Bystander,
Just wondering if maybe all post abortive men and women who regret their abortions should be in court? Should there be legal proceedings to shut us up about what we experienced? I know. I know. Abort and shut up, move along, get on with your life. Don't bother to call if you experience nightmares, depression or feel suicidal after paying us to kill your baby. No worries.

BTW
My friends who went to see Sarah Palin in WI said she was awesome!! 5,000 got to hear her speak. Let's see that's 5,000 x $30 a ticket.......cha ching for Wisconsin Right to Life!! :)

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 8:34 PM

Bystander...what legal trouble? That she dropped the ultrasound probe? I'm sorry, abortionists MAIM girls every day--I could list several abortionists recently who were mistreated during their abortions--George Tiller just last year kept a woman locked in her clinic as infection and fever raged in her body and nearly killed her. Up in I think Mass. a young lady Ms. Smith (I can't recall her first name at this point) was killed during her abortion. Her abortionist/killer is now out a job. Most of the times these doctors maim these women and go unpunished. The book "Lime 5" documents this very well.

Its not like Ms. Johnson stood up and said "The patient Debbie Cole, dob 5-13-79, social security blah blah blah had the abortion" She didn't give any identifying information so she didn't violate patient privacy in any way (UNLIKE the abortion clinic in Livonia Michigan who a couple years ago threw out aborted babies in the trash mixed in with patient record...complete with dob, name, address and number of weeks pregnant. NICE JOB to those clinic workers. real professional.)

I am Abby's age. I am also married with a three year old. I feel like rooting for her. I do NOT want her to get a "book deal" like you said before Bystander. I don't want her to profit from her bloody past, but I root for her now. I hope her conversion is genuine and I say to Abby, I'm glad you're on our side!

Posted by: Sydney M. at November 8, 2009 8:42 PM

Sydney,
You are thinking of Laura Hope Smith who died along with her child during an abortion in Mass. I know Laura's mother Eileen Smith quite well. She still fights for justice for her daughter and grandchild.
Nary a peep from those in the abortion biz on any abortion related deaths or injuries....

OH and have I not been saying all along that you do not get to view the ultrasound if there is one before or during an abortion??? The screen is turned away from you, if a young woman asks to see it she is told no. The truth is on that screen. A living baby is on the ultrasound screen just as Abby described. We all know that. PP knows that too, which is why they hide it.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 8, 2009 8:50 PM

The abortion industry is downright vulgar in their treatment of women and unborn children. Refusing to let a woman see an ultrasound before deciding on an abortion is abusive psychologically. Even if she never has a future pregnancy, ultrasound images of babies are as common as baby pictures and home videos nowadays. The first image she sees of an unborn baby will trigger all the pain & misery of post-abortion syndrome.

Posted by: MEL at November 8, 2009 9:13 PM

My friend asked to see the screen before her abortion at planned parenthood and they moved the probe over towards her ovaries and showed her an ultrasound of her ovaries and told her "See? Its just a dot of tissue at this stage."

Years later when pregnant again she had an ultrasound and was amazed to see the baby "dance" and wave at her. She couldn't comprehend how years before at PP there had been nothing on the screen and now here was this wiggling baby. She began to understand that they had downright tried to deceive her! Hey, if we're empowering women to make their own decisions about reproduction, why all the deception?

Posted by: Sydney M. at November 8, 2009 9:17 PM

Carla,

Good to see you! I think we haven't run into each other on the threads much lately. Hope all is well.

You hit the nail on the head. They hide it because the truth is on the screen. And they're trying to hide Ms. Johnson, to shut her up or make her look like a crazy, because the truth she speaks is a terrible one. One that, if shared, exposes the abortion industry for what it is.

It's why Operation Outcry among others is so important, so don't stop speaking out! They can't keep up with their victims anymore, or with others who have been touched by abortion... They've outdone themselves, see?

Keep telling your story, Abby! Keep telling your story, Carla! Keep exposing the truth and PP can keep scrambling to shut you up... They're just bringing more attention on Ms. Johnson with this restraining order. I pray that she not allow herself to become intimidated.

Yay! XD

Posted by: MaryRose at November 8, 2009 9:31 PM

Hello MaryRose!!
I was out of internet service for a week. My house is clean. :) I am well!!

The lies and deception of the abortion industry will not stand. The lies are spewed in their greed for more and more income which means they need more and more killing. All people will one day see and know and believe the evil that is abortion!! I can almost hear the hysterics in Cecile's emails to her peeps! The truth is on our side.

I will never shut up! :) If you would like to know what I am up to in the lovely state of WI I have another blog about that. http://outcrywisconsin.blogspot.com

Thank you for your tireless commitment to LIFE! So glad that you are here, MaryRose!!

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 8:33 AM

I was reading your blog Carla. My real name is your daughter's name. not the daughter you lost but the young daughter you have now. Sydney is just my "online" name. I think you're very strong and brave. I know its not easy to take a stand for life--I've been flipped off and cursed out too, many times. I know its probably not easy to stand up and say "I've had an abortion" because of condemnation. I remember a discourse we had on another post earlier. I don't ever want you to think I judge you or other post-abortive moms. I know I need to be more compassionate and you convicted me of that. I don't know you Carla but I feel a lot of respect and love for you. Keep up your righteous fight!

Posted by: Sydney M at November 9, 2009 8:52 AM

Thank you, Sydney!! In my zeal I can become a bit over the top, I think. I don't want to burn any bridges and sometimes people think I am talking specifically to them when I mean ALL of us I guess. I might be a bit oversensitive to the judgment of post abortive moms who are struggling to find their way right now. I have been there. I think we all have a tendency to want to place blame somewhere. Why? I am not sure but it happens. I place the blame on Satan and those deceived by his lies. Even women that KNOW fetal development, KNOW what the ultrasound looks like, have children already are being deceived. They are buying a lie that abortion will HELP them. Get them out of a tough spot. That it is the answer to their problems. Wrong, wrong and wrong.
Prayer is our most powerful weapon.

I have had such horrible things said to me and written to me online it doesn't have the same effect anymore. What can anyone possibly say to me that I haven't said to myself in those dark days? I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking out! It is my love for Aubrey and other post abortive women out there that I do what I do.

I love and respect you too, Sydney. Your comments are always spot on!!

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 9:04 AM

"Bystander, your posts are always good for a laugh.

Posted by: bethany at November 8, 2009 1:30 PM"
--------------------------------------------------

So true, Bethany..BS'er reminds me of the Iraqi Information Minister's antics during Desert Storm.

He's even got his own gig now: http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Posted by: RSD at November 9, 2009 9:56 AM

Finally the truth is getting out about what abortion really is! 40 Days for Life is making a big difference as well. Everyone is busy letting Congress and President Obama know that abortion is NOT health care. We must not be forced to pay for abortions. Abortion is the taking of a life.

Posted by: Mike at November 9, 2009 10:05 AM

Someone may have already brought this up as I don't have time to completely read the comments, only skim over them. But one thing popped out to me...

Bystander said:

"If she did what is alleged, she is subject to huge fines under HIPPA, as well as civil liability for intentional torts- potentially 7
figure civil judgements that are not dischargable in bankruptcy, as well as criminal charges."

Um....HIPPA doesn't look at the individual who did something wrong, but the clinic that asked her to do something she wasn't qualified for. It isn't Ms. Johnson who is in trouble because of this, but Planned Parenthood. Her attorney knows this which is why she went on Huckabee. Planned Parenthood asked the director of the facility to do something she was NOT qualified to do. Why wasn't one of the clinicians in that room? Why did they ask the director to do it? Think about it.

According to Reuters:

"In the wake of her departure, Planned Parenthood has gone to court to seek a
restraining order against both Johnson and the Coalition for Life, the local
group that originated 40 Days for Life and continued regular prayer vigils in
front of the clinic for the past five years. A court hearing on the order,
which addresses disclosure of confidential information, is scheduled in a
Texas court on November 10."

It is a restraining order....nothing more. They want to make sure she doesn't release the name of the woman whose abortion this was nor the names of anyone who may have told her to schedule as many abortions as possible among others.

This woman is very brave. Planned Parenthood is a powerful source. They will resort to any measures to keep the truth from coming out.

Posted by: Valerie Jane at November 9, 2009 10:10 AM

Valerie Jane,
Thanks for clarifying regarding the restraining order.

Posted by: Janet at November 9, 2009 10:32 AM

Dear Mike,
I have a feeling 40 Days for Life will be 365 Days for Life. Just a feeling. :)

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 10:34 AM

Hey Prolifers. I watched Abby Johnson on Huckabee last night her testimony was AWESOME. Thank God for the truth about baby killing coming out. I am praying for her and her family, for their safety and protection, that God will use her story to help STOP THE KILLING.

God bless all of the post-abortive women like Carla who tell their stories to help women. Keep the faith and keep up the good work.

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 9, 2009 10:36 AM

This will be the "probe" that started the downfall of Abortion in our nation!

If it's just a clump, of unrecognizable cells, show this type of "medical procedure" during family hour and let the parents have a frank talk with their children on it.

The most ardent supporters of the preborn are those who made the mistake of killing their child or children in the past. I've heard the stories firsthand.

May this start crumbling the wall of indifference!

No forgiveness without true repentance.
Serving the King, Jesus....

Posted by: John at November 9, 2009 11:33 AM

Amen, John.

Carla,

A clean house always perks my spirits! And some bits of good news from Jill can keep my spirits lifted for weeks! :)

Looks like life's been keeping you busy! Glad to see that the retreat went so well! I'm excited for you! :)

How can I be anything but committed to life, when I know what death sows? ;-)

Posted by: MaryRose at November 9, 2009 12:27 PM

Posted by: Bystander at November 8, 2009 1:22 PM

BS'er,

Another stunnning example of a combination of your vivid imagination and willfull refusal to confront the present reality which surrounds you.

How far are you willing to go deliberately miss the point?

You really ought to consider a career in creative writing/propaganda.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at November 9, 2009 1:00 PM

MaryRose,
I should clarify. My house used to be clean. A weekend of all of us around finds it completely trashed by Monday morning. It is now picked up, which is good enough for me today. :)

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 1:08 PM

LOL! Don't I know how that feels! :-)

Posted by: MaryRose at November 9, 2009 1:09 PM

You really ought to consider a career in creative writing/propaganda.

I'd be willing to bet he already does- at Media Matters.

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 1:45 PM

Weekends always do it for us too...my house is a mess right now! I've got to catch up. lol

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 1:47 PM

By Friday it will be spic and span just in time for.....the weekend explosion.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 9, 2009 2:10 PM

Sydney,
Very good point about HIPPA. I thought the same thing. What has she violated, she never gave away any patient information and the abortionist in MI had files and files of info that lead people to find his patients on facebook. Where's the HIPPA police in this case??
Can anyone answer this question?
Do clinics use ultrasound to determine the status of pregnancy at least prior to the procedure?? What if a woman tests pregnant, but her baby dies in utero prior to the abortion and would soon lose her pregnancy to a miscarriage anyway?
I am also wondering why it takes longer for an ultrasound guided abortion. Abby said it was over in a blink. I would think it is more the extra medical professional needed to help that they don't want to pay for. (but it's ok to ask an unqualified staff person to assist with)

Now PP has charged a woman for an unneccesary abortion and has led her to believe she aborted.

Sick Sick Sick all in the name of $$$$$

Posted by: Sandy at November 9, 2009 2:44 PM

I just tried posting this link on Facebook and could not because FB users had flagged it as "abusive." For those of you who want to post the link you can work around this by taking the Youtube link and going to www.tinyurl.com and posting the tiny link. Facebook will not flag it then. =O)

Posted by: Mandi at November 9, 2009 10:05 PM

The truth has to be told, and revealed, no matter the consequences. She is brave, and yes, she might be in great legal danger, but if she risks herself for the sake of saving many others that puts her at a whole other level. She has resorted to truth in order to save lives, PPH resorts to lies in order to kill them. Sometimes you have to risk your life in order to save many others. She is, what you would call, a modern day martyr.

Posted by: Michelle at November 10, 2009 9:18 AM

May GOD bless you and help us all, to bless all this babies and protect them and save them,instead of killing them.

Posted by: josie at November 10, 2009 11:29 AM

Oh how sad this must be for Bystander...

Planned Parenthood Fails to Silence Former Abortion Director in Court.

Bryan, TX (LifeNews.com) -- Planned Parenthood officials have failed in their bid to silence a former abortion center director who quit working for the abortion business after seeing an ultrasound of an abortion. They had pushed for a restraining order on Abby Johnson and a pro-life group that helped her conversion.

Johnson had been the director of the Planned Parenthood center in this southeast Texas city that is home to Texas A&M University.

She turned in her resignation on October 6 after years of a local pro-life group helping her see the problem with abortion. After the ultrasound, she decided to leave.

Planned Parenthood officials hit both Johnson and the Coalition for Life with restraining orders requiring them not to disclose information about the abortions done at its facility.

But, District Judge J.D. Langley issued a ruling today saying Planned Parenthood did not provide sufficient evidence that Johnson breached a confidentiality agreement concerning identity of an abortion practitioner who works at Planned Parenthood.

Judge Langley also ruled that Planned Parenthood provided no evidence to back up its allegations that Johnson took confidential patient records out of Planned Parenthood on the day she resigned.

The judge also denied a Planned Parenthood request to prevent Johnson from seeking any lawsuit until a trial or any other court action had been made.

David Bereit, national director of 40 Days for Life, the national pro-life prayer campaign that began in Johnson's hometown, told LifeNews.com he's delighted by the rulings.

"I am gratified that Planned Parenthood has failed in its misguided effort to silence its former clinic director in Bryan/College Station, Texas, who experienced a spiritual conversion after witnessing an abortion and is now pro-life," he said.

Johnson was very pleased with the court's decision, he said, which opens the door for her to offer more specifics about her work at Planned Parenthood and the reasons she resigned.

The judge also denied a similar request directed at the Coalition for Life, the local pro-life organization that started the 40 Days for Life campaign in Bryan/College Station five years ago.

Since her departure from Planned Parenthood, Johnson's story has received major media attention at a time when abortion has become the central issue in the national debate over health care reform.

"The truth about abortion that Abby witnessed on an ultrasound machine at Planned Parenthood underscores the fact that abortion is not health care, and it should not be funded in any way by the government," said Bereit.

Posted by: bethany Author Profile Page at November 10, 2009 5:01 PM

Bethany,
Thank you for that good news!

Kudos to District Judge J.D. Langley for not caving into Planned Parenthood's demands.

Posted by: Janet at November 10, 2009 5:10 PM

Pretty shocking, but I'm not seeing this come out in print media.

Then again, Roe herself, as in Roe v. Wade, THAT Roe, who worked with abortions for years, changed her position and became pro-life, also becoming a Christian (I think in 1999?). Roe said that she had become so disgusted by "picking out the little bones to make sure that we had them all", that she apologized to the audience for her seared conscience.

I can quote Roe by having seen her in person, delivering a speech on the Truman State University campus in Kirksville, MO. It was the year 2000. Oh, most of the questions fielded her actually asked her for proof of her religious beliefs and convictions, as in the doctrinal questions like "predestination" and not having to do with the subject at hand. One kid jumped up and shouted, "What about separation of church and state?" I don't recall what she said, but she basically told him in no uncertain terms to be quiet.

Posted by: Kevin at November 10, 2009 7:59 PM

Kevin,
Norma McCorvey's(the Roe of Roe V Wade)book Won by Love is a must read!

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 10, 2009 8:31 PM

"One kid jumped up and shouted, "What about separation of church and state?" I don't recall what she said, but she basically told him in no uncertain terms to be quiet."

Kevin @ 8:31

Good for her. :)

Posted by: Janet at November 10, 2009 9:30 PM

Kevin:

Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe) converted to Christianity in 1995 (about a year after being befriended by Flip Benham, a pro life activist.) She was received into Full communion with the Catholic church by Father Frank Pavone, in 1998.

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at November 10, 2009 10:42 PM

A special thanks to Abby Johnson, the ex-director of the Bryan Texas Planned Parenthood office on 29th Street:

Abby Johnson now encourages thinking and loving individuals to place a special value on others who are (also humans made in the image of God) and in the same stage of development that "They were"!

The thoughts that dance in the mind of humans, is conceived in their heart and hinges on the pivotal question that ushers in the undeserved "Death penalty" for the unborn; or the joyous excitement, anticipating the soon coming birth of a child.

The question that answers the complex motive for a person's actions after conception is "Is the pregnancy and baby wanted or rejected by one or both parents (or families) of the child"?!!!

And if most women-with-child was loved by the child's father,
she would smile and happily say "No abortion" why bother.

Ask God and the person you mated with to forgive you,
forgive yourself and live the abundant life.

Sincerely,