IL parental notification law delayed AGAIN... potential corruption uncovered

parental notification, illinois, abortion.JPGFrom 1 jaw-dropping roadblock to the next, IL's parental notification law has been stopped from going into effect for 14 long years, since it passed in 1995.

First, for over a decade, the IL Supreme Court simply refused to establish judicial-bypass rules.

After the Supremes finally wrote rules, the ACLU and Planned Parenthood sued. A federal court ruled against them 4 months ago....

Then the IL Dept. of Financial and Professional Regulation, with no legal authority whatsoever, enacted a 90-day grace period to give abortion mills time to prepare new procedures, since 14 years wasn't long enough.

The 90 days was up today. Today, finally, the IL Parental Notice of Abortion Act was due to take effect.

Robert Fernandez, abortion, pro-life, Illinois parental notification.jpgBut the ACLU sued again, and today the IDFPR - illegally - delayed the law's enactment again. It is meeting tomorrow to decide - illegally - whether to extend the grace period.

And the plot thickens. No surprise, this being IL, the players have connections.

Fernandez, abortion, pro-life, Illinois parental notification.jpg

"And, it gets worse," wrote TMS in a press release.

Brent Adams, Personal Pac, Illinois parental notification, abortion, pro-life.jpgBrent Adams, secretary of the IDFPR, is a board member of the powerful Personal PAC, IL's leading pro-abortion lobbying group, and listed by Crain's Chicago Business as 1 of the top 10 contributors to IL political campaigns in 2008.

Adams' resume also lists him as a past member of the Board of Directors of the ACLU of IL.

As an aside, I've always thought it odd that the head of Personal PAC, Terry Cosgrove, is a (male) homosexual.

For all the feminist criticism of male involvement in "a woman's right to choose," I don't hear a peep from them here.

And it turns out Brent Adams is a homosexual, too, and HIV+.

Homosexual support of abortion makes total sense, as I've repeatedly said. Homosexuals and pro-aborts are flip sides of the same coin. Both want to commit illicit sex with no consequences.

But I digress. It appears the fix is in.

[Top graphic via Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains]

Comments:

Wow. Just wow.

I can't believe they are actually getting away with this. How appalling. Fourteen years to put a law into effect?! Hard to believe it could get any worse than that but obviously it is. How twisted.

Posted by: army_wife at November 3, 2009 7:49 PM

Here's a homosexual, Jill, that doesn't want to have illicit sex without consequences, and who happens to be very pro-life. ;)

Posted by: Nate at November 3, 2009 8:04 PM

Nate, thank you, that was a very gracious response to a series of presumptive and nasty remarks - being HIV positive is relevant because? Presuming Brent Adams acquired HIV through sexual activity sounds like he would be the poster child for the point that there is no sex without possible consequences (illicit or in the context of marriage).

Posted by: shirley at November 3, 2009 9:02 PM

Where do pro-life homosexuals hold their annual conference?

In the same telephone booth with liberal humanists who are pro-life.

I was a delegate to the Washington State Republican Convention in the 80's.

The 'Log Cabin Republicans' were picketing outside the convention center because they felt they had been excluded from participation because they were homosexuals.

A Seattle Televison New reporter poked a microphone in my face and asked me what I thought about the protesters.

I responded, "It's people like that who give homosexuality a bad name."

My comment did not make the evening news. It wasn't what the lame scream media wanted to hear.

So they continued on their quote shopping safari till they got the sound bite that fit their bias.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at November 3, 2009 9:44 PM

"Presuming Brent Adams acquired HIV through sexual activity sounds like he would be the poster child for the point that there is no sex without possible consequences (illicit or in the context of marriage)."

Posted by: shirley at November 3, 2009 9:02 PM

How do you figure?

Posted by: Marie at November 3, 2009 9:55 PM

kbhvac, I don't really get your point.

Posted by: Nate at November 3, 2009 9:55 PM

Thanks Shirley. Comments like that make me feel even more out of place, even though I know that wasn't Jill's intention (I lurve Jill!). The religious aspect of the pro-life movement is the toughest part for me, because I don't feel like I can really get in there and be united because I'll be expected to invoke the name of God at some point.

Posted by: Nate at November 3, 2009 9:58 PM

Nate,

Just remember what you're fighting for. It won't be so hard then!

fyi...I'm a non-Catholic. I feel out of place going to a pro-life rally or protest not donning a rosary or reciting certain prayers over and over. I feel out of place in the pro-life movement as well, but I always try to remember who I'm fighting for...the unborn. Pre-abortive mothers come from all walks of life and will relate to different perspectives. Each one of us is very important.

Posted by: Marie at November 3, 2009 10:14 PM

Holding back the enactment of a law voted in by the voters for 14 years is SCANDALOUS! This is hard to believe. Then again, this is Chicago.

Posted by: segamon at November 3, 2009 10:32 PM

WOW. Planned Parenthood must be desperate to get teens in for abortions without their parents' being notified.

* * * *

"Our lawyers on the case, the Thomas More Society, have learned that 1 of the 6 members of the IDFPR, Robert Fernandez, is partner in a law firm that represents Planned Parenthood of IL."

WHAT???? Conflict of interest anyone????

Hmmmm, I bet PP is surprised it took so long (for the connection to be made).

Posted by: Janet at November 3, 2009 10:43 PM

Marie,

There are as many non-Catholics as Catholics at pro-life rallies I've been to. You certainly don't have to carry a rosary to fit in. I like to hold my rosary in my hand because I know it annoys the pro-aborts. :) Satan HATES the rosary as well.

Posted by: Janet at November 3, 2009 10:48 PM

It's "The Chicago Way" it's dirty, corrupt Democratic machine politics where you can stack the deck, disobey the law or decide which laws you will obey and appoint pro-aborts to the IDFPR so you can do whatever you want. Please pray Christian prolifers that God will expose every plot of the pro-death crowd and their plans will be thwarted.

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 3, 2009 10:49 PM

Nate I am glad you are here and want to tell you that I am sorry you have been hurt in the past. Although I am not able to condone or embrace homosexuality because of my beliefs, I am glad to know that you are pro-life and that you know that killing innocent, unborn babies is wrong. It does seem that many in the "gay rights movement" align themselves with the pro-abortion movement so I am surprized that you identified yourself as prolife. Does that make any sense to you?

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 3, 2009 11:21 PM

"Brent Adams, secretary of the IDFPR, is a board member of the powerful Personal PAC, IL's leading pro-abortion lobbying group, and listed by Crain's Chicago Business as 1 of the top 10 contributors to IL political campaigns in 2008."

What a coincidence!

Which side does Governor Quinn come down on? That of Illinois families or abortionists?

Posted by: Janet at November 3, 2009 11:54 PM

Prolifer L, yeah, I know what you mean. I used to be a Christian, so I remember thinking the way most pro-lifers do.

I think the reason the gays support the pro-choice movement blindly is because they support the feminists, who generally support their rights in return. In short: we kiss the feminists' asses.

Posted by: Nate at November 4, 2009 12:11 AM

What is the big effing deal with parental notifican is. It's not even permission. A parent has a right to know what surgeries their minors are going through so at least they can be ready to respond to complications. And most parents will not harm their children upon finding out, and if there is a danger then there are ways to get around it. Some proaborts are just so hellbent on having abortion on demand whatever the consequences they refuse to see basic human decency and reason in this bill. Ridiculous and repulsive.

Posted by: Penelope at November 4, 2009 1:05 AM

Janet at November 3, 2009 10:48 PM,

That wasn't the point of my post to Nate AT ALL. But thanks for your attempt to make me look like a liar...again.

Posted by: Marie at November 4, 2009 7:26 AM

Nate,
Just remember what you're fighting for. It won't be so hard then!

Posted by: Marie at November 3, 2009 10:14 PM

Marie,
Forgive me if I offended you, it wasn't my intent. As a Catholic, I was only trying to give you a reason not to feel out of place. Apparently I didn't do a very good job. Please, what makes you think I'm calling you a liar? I have to go out soon, so if I don't reply immediately, you'll know why.

Posted by: Janet at November 4, 2009 8:07 AM

Janet at November 3, 2009 10:48 PM,

Posted by: Marie at November 4, 2009 7:26 AM

Again? Am I missing something?

Posted by: Janet at November 4, 2009 8:16 AM

Marie,
After some thought, I figured it out. You don't want my opinion. I'll try to remember that but if I forget, and make a comment, just ignore me. I'll be fine.

Posted by: Janet at November 4, 2009 8:46 AM

Nate, I think homosexuals are wonderful people, and I think that you guys should be entitled to all the rights my husband and I enjoy. I'm an atheist pro-lifer, and I'm only here because I followed a link I found in your blog one day. Just remember, there are plenty of gay/lesbian pro-lifers (www.plagal.org) and even atheist pro-lifers like myself (www.godlessprolifers.org)

There is room here for everyone. :)

Posted by: xalisae at November 4, 2009 12:07 PM

Welcome to the People's Republic of Illinois! It's a sad, sad state in which to make your home. However, our governors make really great license plates! :)

Posted by: Lisa at November 4, 2009 12:10 PM

LOL Lisa!! I love your sarcastic wit. Thank you for the joke. I am laughing and also smiling because as of noon today Parental Notification goes into effect immediately. Praise God!! Carry on prolifers, keep up the good fight.

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 4, 2009 1:17 PM