Jivin J's Life Links 11-19-09

web grab.jpgby JivinJ

• Americans United for Life has posted a summary of Senator Reid's health care reform legislation as it related to abortion. Their conclusion:
  • Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid last night unveiled a health care bill which provides for an unprecedented expansion of federally-funded abortion. The bill includes pro-abortion language and mirrors the false compromise Capps Amendment from the House debate -- it allows the public option to include abortion coverage and provides federal subsidies for private plans which cover abortion....

• National Right to Life's press release calls Reid's abortion funding language "completely unacceptable."

• Operation Rescue has posted Caitlin Bruce's lawsuit against MI abortionist Alberto Hodari. Bruce claims Hodari and an assistant performed an abortion on her after she told them to stop.

• The RH Reality Check blog has posted an article originally published in Ms. Magazine about how one federal employee named D.J. Feldman couldn't get her health insurance to cover her aborting her child with anencephaly:
  • Feldman is speaking out now because of her outrage that the notorious Stupak-Pitts amendment to the House health reform measure would extend such federal bans on abortion coverage to the millions of women who are enrolled in the private insurance market.
    But wait... if the Stupak amendment extends the federal ban on abortion coverage to federally-subsidized plans then isn't it keeping the status quo on federal government's policy towards funding or subsidizing abortion?

Comments:

Wasn't Reid at one time prolife? I know in the past he has talked about his Christian faith.

Posted by: Phillymiss at November 19, 2009 1:27 PM

Phillymiss,

He's a member of the LDS (Mormon) which isn't a Christian religion. Some beliefs are the same the core beliefs are not. According to Wiki, the LDS Church Forbids abortion with the usual exceptions. This might explain his beliefs:

Reid and his wife have five children, one of whom, Rory Reid, is an elected Commissioner for Clark County, Nevada, and another who recently ran for municipal office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.[48]
    Reid is a first generation member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[49] Reid and his wife, who was born to Jewish parents, converted to Mormonism while Reid was a college student.[3] He stated in an interview with Brigham Young University's Daily Universe that "I think it is much easier to be a good member of the Church and a Democrat than a good member of the Church and a Republican." He went on to say that the Democrats' emphasis on helping others, as opposed to what he considers Republican dogma to the contrary, is the reason he's a Democrat.[50] He delivered a speech at BYU to about 20,000 students on October 9, 2007, in which he expressed his opinion that Democratic values mirror Mormon values.[51]
    [edit]References wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Reid

Posted by: Janet at November 19, 2009 2:05 PM

WOW! Thanks for this insight on Harry Reid Janet. So the party of Dead Babies R Us, Partial-Birth Abortion, and against Born Alive Infant Protection Act" stands for "Christian values". What a crock!!

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 19, 2009 3:21 PM

We see that they included Capps amendment language in the Senate bill. This is why Stupak-Pitts was necessitated in the House bill. The nancy and harry team will have to overcome objections to abortion funding being included in either bill if they want socialized health care to advance. Paradoxically, if they do not include abortion funding they will also not be able to pass it as the leftist wing nuts will hold the bill hostage until they get abortion in it. I guess there are some uses for leftist wing nuts.

The moral of the story is if we did not have Stupak-Pitts it would be over, as Capps is slippery enough to give legislative leaders enough obfuscation and political cover to eek out a win.

No, I do not underestimate either the misguided nancy or the confused harry as there is still time for plenty of mischief. But we have the majority (and growing larger every day) of the American people opposing some or all of this so-called "reform" and we have the moral high ground.

Posted by: Jerry at November 19, 2009 4:48 PM

I found a poem that made me think of everyone here today:

I like slam poetry and I heard this one and I thought of you all. :)

Anyways, even if you don't listen to it, it's about a girl who is discussing her future and what it means to her. I love slam poetry. They have some really good ones- you all ought to check them out.

Posted by: Vannah at November 19, 2009 7:45 PM

I've had enough of Democrats having any say in this country.

Mr. Holder, the US AG is an absolute mental midget blithering idiot:

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 19, 2009 10:22 PM

President BARACK OBAMA was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upstate New York.

He spoke for almost an hour about his plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living. He referred to his time as a U.S. Senator and how he had voted for every Native American issue that came to the floor of the Senate.

Although President Obama was vague about the details of his plans, he seemed most enthusiastic and spoke eloquently about his ideas for helping his "red sisters and brothers."

At the conclusion of his speech, the Tribes presented Obama with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name, "Walking Eagle." The proud President then departed in his motorcade to a fundraiser, waving to the crowds.

A news reporter later asked the group of chiefs how they came to select the new name they had given to the President.

They explained that "Walking Eagle" is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 19, 2009 10:25 PM

Hisman,

Do you know who the gentleman laughing behind Graham is?

It's too bad Graham didn't let Holder answer..... just to have his answers on record...although I can understand Graham's impatience in waiting between pauses and "It depends".

Has anyone asked our President the same hypothetical question regarding Obama's capture?
    I wonder if there are any correct answers with these politicians or if EVERYTHING is relative.

Posted by: Janet at November 19, 2009 10:38 PM

Found another Law & Order: SVU episode on abortion, from season 11 (2009) episode 4: Hammered. About a victim, who it turns out is a doctor at an abortion clinic and suspicians turn towards pro-lifers. Of course, another pro-life spin

Posted by: Rachael C. at November 19, 2009 10:43 PM

*I ment to say, "Of course, another pro-choice spin."

Posted by: Rachael C. at November 19, 2009 10:45 PM

...but it turns out the guy who killed her was just some guy she hooked up with at a bar and in a drunken rage killed her. His trial was declared a mis-trial because the DA, who had a problem with drinking herself, showed up at the trial drunk. Despite the pro-choice bias, it turned out to be a good episode on the devastating effects of alcoholism, as an addiction.

Posted by: Rachael C. at November 19, 2009 11:22 PM

I've had enough of Democrats having any say in this country.

Mr. Holder, the US AG is an absolute mental midget blithering idiot:

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 19, 2009 10:22 PM

Is this a good time to say "it takes one to know one?"

Hey, Hisman, America, love it or leave it.

Posted by: Hal at November 19, 2009 11:53 PM

I thought it was interesting that Holder didn't even know what day it was. I was watching yesterday and he responded to a question by stating "todays" date as Novembere 16th or maybe the 17th, then mumbled that he wasn't sure what day it was....good grief....welcome to Hal's world

Posted by: truthseeker at November 20, 2009 1:56 AM

Yeah, I get confused sometimes on the date. I guess I'm evil.

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 9:16 AM

Posted by: truthseeker at November 20, 2009 1:56 AM

LOL truthseeker. See, the problem is absolutes--in the "progressive" mind there are ABSOLUTELY no ABSOLUTES! As Janet hinted at, it is, indeed, all relative. The correct answer is the one that gets you what you want. Remember this crew holds to the Alinksyian credo=the ends justifies the means.

From Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

2. Of Means and Ends [Forget moral or ethical considerations]

"The end is what you want, the means is how you get it. Whenever we think about social change, the question of means and ends arises. The man of action views the issue of means and ends in pragmatic and strategic terms. He has no other problem; he thinks only of his actual resources and the possibilities of various choices of action. He asks of ends only whether they are achievable and worth the cost; of means, only whether they will work. ... The real arena is corrupt and bloody." p.24

Posted by: klynn73 at November 20, 2009 9:51 AM

Is your last name Holder?

Sometimes I get the date wrong- yesterday I did.

Posted by: Vannah at November 20, 2009 9:57 AM

"America, love it or leave it."
    Posted by: Hal at November 19, 2009 11:53 PM

Hal,

There's a difference between loving your country and liking it. You fight for it when you love it.

Doesn't Obama kind of look like he's on drugs lately? He's got this glassy-eyed, blank stare as he speaks. Always crabby. Never smiles. Do you think HE loves America, or even likes it? How can you tell?

Posted by: Janet at November 20, 2009 12:02 PM

I'm certain President Obama loves this country.

He's a true patriot.

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 1:01 PM

I'm certain President Obama loves this country.

He's a true patriot.

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 1:01 PM
    ************************************

Patriot: a person who vigorously supports his country and its way of life

Yes, surely the Worldwide Apology Tour qualifies him as a "patriot." Hahahahaha! Good one, Hal! :D

Posted by: kel at November 20, 2009 1:10 PM

Hal,
    But how can you tell? How has he fought for us as a "true patriot" would?

Posted by: Janet at November 20, 2009 1:15 PM

"I've had enough of Democrats having any say in this country.

Mr. Holder, the US AG is an absolute mental midget blithering idiot:

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 19, 2009 10:22 PM

Is this a good time to say "it takes one to know one?"

Hey, Hisman, America, love it or leave it.

Posted by: Hal at November 19, 2009 11:53 PM"

I find in my expert witness practice that most attornies are complete idiots, except of course, the honest ones, who will tell you that they hate attornies.

Add pro-abort to that and you've got a psychopath.

Add atheist to that and you've got a "lump of insentient and wasted human tissue".

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 20, 2009 2:36 PM

Oh, and add this Hal.

Attorney, plus pro-abort, plus atheist, plus one's own child terminator and you've got one screwed up mess.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Hey Hal, I've got more patriotism than you.

Yep, I don't kill my fellow Americans, i.e, my own unborn kids for the sake of convenience or for any other reason.

I say we put a cap on what guys like you say. Liberals like you have done enough damage to our country over the last 50 years and it's time to put a stop to it.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 20, 2009 2:50 PM

HisMan, you can't cap free speech. A real American would know that.

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 5:13 PM

HisMan, it's not liberals who are the problem. It's bigotry that's the problem and that can be found in anyone regardless of politics or economic standing or ethnicity or religion or lack of religion or anything.

Atheists aren't the problem, the faithful aren't the problem. The problem is that people don't understand each other and we make things more complicated then they have to be.

Things go better if we don't hate each other- so please don't hate Hal. And please don't hate HisMan, Hal.

Posted by: Vannah at November 20, 2009 5:17 PM

Vannah, I really don't hate HisMan, or even dislike him. I find him amusing.

For a long time, I didn't even think he was real, just putting on an act to make conservatives look bad, but he's kept it up a few years, so I guess it's real enough. Yikes

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 5:42 PM

Hal @ 5;42 PM

Ha Ha Hal,
    I've thought the same of you. :)

Posted by: Janet at November 20, 2009 6:05 PM

Hal, I believe you really are a liberal, I'm not so sure about 2 abortions though.

Posted by: Janet at November 20, 2009 6:07 PM

Hal, I could care less of what you think of me.

Maybe then you'll understand the real America.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 20, 2009 11:10 PM

Vannah I checked out the slam poetry by Jaylene, it was great. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Prolifer L at November 20, 2009 11:59 PM

HisMan, you care. You care a lot.

You can't deal with the fact that all you hold dear is rejected by so many rational Americans. Time to re-examine your world view.

I know it hurts. I'm here for you.

Posted by: Hal at November 21, 2009 12:53 AM

Sorry Hal:

God and I are a majority. So much for your theory.

I care about what God thinks and not the populace. I care that innocent children are suffering silently and with our Government's approval of legalized abortion. I care that people like you are allowed to mislead so many. I care that many will go to hell because they hate the darkness and not the light.

And how could I ever put my trust is someone like you who chose not to even let his first two children live?

Cynicism is a disease Hal curable by only one thing: Faith in Jesus Christ.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is HisMan at November 21, 2009 7:44 AM

Yeah, I get confused sometimes on the date. I guess I'm evil.

Posted by: Hal at November 20, 2009 9:16 AM

Hal, the first step to ending your confusion is to admit that "unwanted" pregnancy you chose to destroy was another human life and a product of the love you have for your wife. The reason you don't want to admit it is because then you couldn't support those actions without being evil. You convince yourself that denying the truth and keeping up your confused state makes you confused, not evil.

Posted by: truthseeker at November 22, 2009 7:47 PM