On Veterans Day: A Ft. Hood Memorial

by Brenda Pollock-Smith, memorializing all 14 lives taken, from age 62 to in the womb. Watch to end...

Comments:

Absolutely beautiful. Sitting here in tears. So grateful to be able to see the faces of our brave soldiers!

Lord, please watch over the friends and families of those who lost their lives at Ford Hood. Draw them to yourself, walk them through their grief. Surround them with comfort and peace. Amen.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at November 11, 2009 8:43 AM

I'm hoping that today, I can bake my uncle some brownies or pick up something nice for him to thank him for his service.

Our servicemen and women are so brave. I wish that there were no war, but they deserve so much for their bravery.

Posted by: Vannah at November 11, 2009 9:40 AM

my brother is a proud Marine who has been deployed to Iraq twice. I prayed for his safety against our enemies. Never thought to think he was in danger from our own. Evil lurks behind all sorts of faces...

I am completely heartbroken viewing each face and thinking individually of each life, each grieving family, each heart full of hopes and dreams...just ended so cruelly. They are not numbers...each one was a person, a human being, who did not deserve their tragic ends. What a waste. I am mourning for them right now.

Posted by: Sydney M at November 11, 2009 11:59 AM

What would the reaction have been if 13 abortionists, clinic workers, and escorts had been shot and killed by one gunman?

Let's see, first this would indicate a nationwide terrorist plot by PL people. Obama would order federal marshalls to protect abortionists, clinic workers, etc. PL rhetoric would be the cause. PA people would be writing to Jill's blog, howling about their outrage and demanding retribution. The MSM, Rachel Madcow and Keith Odorman would be ranting ad nauseum about a nationwide PL terrorist plot and demand the gov't look into this.

But it was only American soldiers, men and women who sacrifice for our freedom. Certainly not worthy of the same consideration and outrage given abortionists. Of course Hasan was just some lone deranged gunman. Political correctness dictates that there be no suggestion that this is a terrorist plot, I mean a "man made disaster".

Has anyone given any thought to the possiblity that this resulted from the weakness terrorists perceive in our president?

Posted by: Mary at November 11, 2009 8:23 PM

Oh, and Janet Napolitano would be screaming about the "right wing conspiracy" and the danger PLs and others pose to this country. Now she only worries about an anti-Muslim backlash.

Odd, I don't recall her being concerned about an anti-PL backlash when Tiller was shot.

Posted by: Mary at November 11, 2009 8:27 PM

Some of you might appreciate this article about former President Bush and his visit to Ft Hood.

Posted by: Fed Up at November 12, 2009 9:57 AM

I am so happy to be a part of my friend, Michelle's wonderful yearly, hosting of marines for Thanksgiving dinner, we have learned to cater to and make them feel at home during the holidays they spend away from there family. She usually brings in about 10-15 marines for the dinner, (in which we all contribute to). Then our young sons, who play in a band, preform for them, and have even written a song about them, called "Theleventhour" which is also the name of their band. The young marines stay the night at her house, and are served a large breakfast, before heading back to their barracks. They have such a great time, including music, swimming, dart competition, and pool table competition. A great time to let them know how much we appreciate them, and we all benefit from this great day....Julie

Posted by: Julie at November 12, 2009 3:00 PM