Planned Parenthood's "Choice on Earth" holiday fundraising drive

I think Cecile Richards did this just to make me happy. It was only a week ago I noted with disappointment that Planned Parenthood wasn't peddling its "Choice on Earth" Christmas cards this year.

Then, voilĂ , today I get a fundraising email from Cecile with a "Choice on Earth" logo. How sweet! I also loved the email subject heading, "Hope is not enough." Cecile's right, if she's places her hopes in a person, such as Barack Obama. But hope is indeed enough if placed in Jesus Christ, whose birthday we will celebrate next week. Click to enlarge...

cecile richards, planned parenthood, obama, healthcare, choice on earth, hope is not enough 2.png

Comments:

I think that regardless of how anyone feels about abortion, connecting it to the holiday season is just warped. They don't specifically mention abortion, but it's "Choice On Earth," not "Health On Earth" or something along those lines. Who wants to be thinking about Christmas (or Hanukah) and snow and lights decorating everything and family and presents and...abortion?

Posted by: Marauder at December 17, 2009 12:52 PM

demanding more $ when they already RECEIVE MILLIONS of Tax Payers $ every year. Talk about GREED which is the opposite of what this season is about (giving and family and hope and a child in a manger)

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at December 17, 2009 1:16 PM

Were the others that noticed the graphic at the top of the Planned Parenthood email? Part of that graphic looks like dripping blood. I wonder if that was their intention.

Posted by: segamon at December 17, 2009 1:17 PM

I suppose an email including anecdotes of women and girls PP has victimized wouldn't be all that MERRY would it??
I would hit delete as soon as I saw Cecile's face.

Segamon,
Wow. Creepy.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at December 17, 2009 1:19 PM

"....a confused young person in Alabama that doesn't have anywhere else to turn..."

Cecile mentioned the pap smear and mamogram in the other two stories, should we take the above story as one of abortion? Why AGAIN can't she say the word even when she is sending out an email to PP supporters?

And that "confused young person" sure went to the wrong place for information.

Posted by: Kristen at December 17, 2009 2:33 PM

Guess they couldn't resist! Btw, Jill, I have you quoted at http://www.LifeNews.com/nat5784.html

Posted by: Steven Ertelt at December 17, 2009 3:06 PM

Just as the aborted seven-month-old placed in a gift box beneath its parents Christmas tree, this ad is nothing less than a grotesque caricature of the Nativity. It's evil. A peek behind the evil veil:

M. Scott Peck, in The Road Less Traveled had this to say about evil. (pages 278-279)

"Evil people hate the light because it reveals themselves to themselves. They hate goodness because it reveals their badness; they hate love because it reveals their laziness. They will destroy the light, the goodness, the love in order to avoid the pain of such self-awareness...Evil is laziness carried to its ultimate, extraordinary extreme.

"Truly evil people, on the other hand.... will take any action in their power to protect their own laziness, to preserve the integrity of their sick self. Rather than nurturing others, they will actually destroy others in this cause. If necessary, they will even kill to escape the pain of their own spiritual growth.

"As the integrity of their sick self is threatened by the spiritual health of those around them, they will seek by all manner of means to crush and demolish the spiritual health that may exist near them.

"I define evil, then, as the exercise of political power-that is the imposition of one's will upon others by overt or covert coercion-in order to avoid extending one's self for the purpose of nurturing spiritual growth."

So I guess this explains why PP mocks the Nativity rather than wrestling with its meaning. Peck has them nailed.

Posted by: Gerard Nadal at December 17, 2009 4:10 PM

You just had to say it, Jill, you just had to say it and I guess we got our wish ;-)

Posted by: Rachael C. at December 17, 2009 6:41 PM

These people have no shame.

Posted by: Jasper at December 17, 2009 8:14 PM

I don't really think of M. Scott Peck as a Christian writer,
yet I must give him credit for partially leading me to the Lord!

Glory!

Posted by: Leslie Hanks at December 17, 2009 9:09 PM

Segamon,
I noticed the blood-looking drips as well. I wouldn't expect any less from PP.

Posted by: Janet at December 17, 2009 9:16 PM

Notice Stars of David and dripping blood - hmmm....

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at December 18, 2009 2:34 PM

Jasper - Jill should get Quote of the Day tomorrow - Steve Ertelt's right - that's a great line Jill.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at December 18, 2009 3:50 PM