Abby Johnson featured on Focus on the Family radio shows today and tomorrow

In conjunction with the 36th anniversary of the US Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision, former Planned Parenthood employee Abby Johnson will be featured on Focus on the Family's radio programs today and tomorrow.

David Bereit of 40 Days for Life, reported in an email:

What is it like to work inside PP - America's largest abortion chain?

shawn carney, abby johnson, planned parenthood, abortion, 40 days for life.jpg

What is it that would convince someone who worked there - as the director of a local abortion center, in fact - to walk away from the PP abortion empire?

Today and tomorrow, you can hear the first-hand account that answers both of those questions....

Focus on the Family will be airing a 2-part radio show today... and tomorrow... to a worldwide audience.

You'll hear from 40 Days for Life campaign director Shawn Carney and former PP abortion center director Abby Johnson.

Abby will talk about her job at PP and the role 40 Days for Life played in her conversion, resignation from the abortion business, and becoming an outspoken pro-life advocate.

This show will air on 2k radio outlets in the US and will also be available for online listening.

To learn more about today's broadcast - and find a station you may listen on - click here.

For tomorrow's broadcast of the second half of the discussion, click here.

If there's no station near you - or you just don't have a chance to listen - recordings of both programs will be posted after they are broadcast here.

Comments:

I have a problem with this. It is all well and good when they cross over to our side. However, I do not think we should unconditionally welcome them. Abby Johnson and others like her have killed hundreds, if not thousands, of children and have to be held accountable for their crimes.

We should welcome them as the best available alternative as long as we are aware of and they are aware of the magnitude of the evil and criminal things they have done.

There has to be some respect and consideration for the lost lives of the dead children and we are the only ones who will provide that respect.

Posted by: Joe at January 21, 2010 9:15 AM

I heard her share and clicked on this while thinking about her.
Great program. Her reversing her beliefs can't be refuted. She had lied and admitted so in saying the unborn offspring had no pain.

Posted by: xppc at January 21, 2010 10:14 AM

Joe,

I guess a good example would be the apostle Paul's sudden conversion.

He went from being a persecutor and murderer of christians in what seems like a 'moment in time'.

I would venture to speculate that few believers embraced him immediately and most probably did not trust him at all.

But God has ways of validating his messengers that will be unmistakable to those who know and love HIM.

That does not mean we will like what we see and it may take some time to forgive and forget the past injuries, but the apostle Paul's example tells us it is entirely with the suffiency of God's amazing grace.

I am not equating Abby Johnson with the 'apostle' Paul. I am only saying that people can change radically when they meet the Living God.

I once met a brother in the Lord from Niacaragua. Joseph had been a school teacher when the Sandanistas seized control of the country. Because he refused to use the new curriculum provided by the Maxist government he and wife were forced to flee the country or be subject to death or imprisonment.

This man was one of the first resistance fighters. Well before the U.S. government began providing them with support.

Joseph said they would be engaged in fire fights with the Sandinista army and sometimes a Sandinista would be particuarly aggressive advancing toward their position. He would dart from cover to cover, never firing at them. When the Sandinista got close enough he would pull a white rag from his pocket and hold it directly in front of him so the Sandinista soldiers could not see it.

Joseph said they had to make a decision then whether to shoot him or let him continue his advance/surrender/defection unharmed.

Joseph said sometimes they allowed him to continue and when the now former Sandanista soldier crossed their lines he would turn and open fire on the 'enemy'.

It probably still took some time for the defector to earn the trust of his new friends, but in war the enemy of my enemy is my 'friend' or at least an ally.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 21, 2010 10:35 AM

Wow! I may have the 'Cliff Claven' gene.

"Norm, it's a little known fact....."

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 21, 2010 10:47 AM

I was listening to her yesterday and did not catch her name. What an awesome testimony.

Posted by: Abortion Support at January 21, 2010 10:56 AM

Just listened to her story. AMAZING!!!

Posted by: Peg at January 21, 2010 11:01 AM

Actually, it's the 37th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.

Posted by: Edward at January 21, 2010 11:41 AM

Joe, even when I was staunchly proabort, I did not have a negative opinion of prolifers or the prolife movement in general. I viewed them as misguided perhaps, but not as overly judgmental people. If I believed for a moment that I was going to have to pass some kind of repentance test, I would have never taken the first step in any formal prolife activity, which for me was a 40 Days for Life event. Like it or not, as prolifers you are not just a voice for the unborn but are also, for some, the embracing arms of the prodigal's father.

I'm curious how Joe would hold Abby accountable. Seems to me that anything less than a full public welcome (if that's what she wants) is sending the wrong message to the pregnant women 40 Days is trying to reach. If Abby is publicly shamed, what pregnant woman wants to risk the same? If she's hushed and discouraged to speak out, PP would have a PR field day. I don't understand how a conditional welcome or conditional offer of assistance strengthens clinic workers or pregnant women to make a bold move.

Posted by: Fed Up at January 21, 2010 11:58 AM

Joe:

C'mon.....the whole purpose of Christianity is to seek and save the lost.

The Bible says that Jesus would leave the 99 to go find the 1 lost.

Let's not demonize the ones that see the light, the ones we are working so hard to win.

I understand what you are saying about accountability, however, Jesus did say this, "forgive them for they know not what they do".

God bless.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is Hisman at January 21, 2010 12:02 PM

News Flash!

Federal immigration officials predict that up to 200,000 Haitians could apply for Temporary Protected Status, which would keep them from being deported. Applications will be accepted starting Thursday.

BY ALFONSO CHARDY
achardy@ElNuevoHerald.com

---------------------------------------------------

There is only one condition. The Haitians stay in Miami/Dade County and vote democRAT!

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 21, 2010 1:12 PM

Joe, i don't agree with you but I DO hear what you're saying. But people who support abortion are not accountable to US. They are accountable to God. And those who either abort their own children, or help others do so and refuse to repent WILL be judged for their awful sin of child-murder, trust me.

But those who repent of it, like Abby, are forgiven and God says He puts their sin as far as the east is from the west and remembers it no more. If God will remember it no more why should we? Its not that we don't remember the children and mourn for them, but we no longer remember the SIN.

All of us are sinners. i personally have never had an abortion but I've done evil things I've done hurtful, selfish things. And I repented on my knees in tears and GOD FORGAVE ME! Praise His awesome name! God forgave ME and I didn't deserve it. How can I then be angry when God shows that same mercy to others?

Trust me when I say, that every mother who aborts her child and then comes to repentance remembers her baby. Carla remembers Aubrey every day of her life I am sure. My friends remember Cameron, Antonio, Abigail and Leona, their dead babies. Abby Johnson will never forget the children she helped destroy whenever she looks at her daughter especially. But though we never forget we can all heal and move forward.

God is the God of healing and forgiveness. That is the whole reason He sent Jesus to die on the cross for us...to bring us out of ourselves and reunite wholly with Him.

It is your righteousness Joe that makes you feel upset. You are a good person and it hurts you to think of children being tormented and murdered as they are. It is right that abortion anger you. Just don't forget to pray for compassion. It is my biggest issue too...lack of compassion. I pray for it constantly. May God richly bless you Joe!

Posted by: Sydney M at January 21, 2010 1:44 PM

Do you want to know what "Laus Deos" means? If the answer is yes, please go to my blog at www.Ixoye.Name.

Posted by: Phil Schembri is Hisman at January 21, 2010 3:54 PM

Amen, Sydney. :)

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at January 21, 2010 4:36 PM

May I 'second' that Amen? :)

Posted by: Pamela at January 21, 2010 4:58 PM

Air[head] America crashes, burns
Bankruptcy filing confirmed by left-leaning radio network

['Left leaning' is an mis-statement of biblical proportions. Left lying/laying, laid to rest on it's left side and permanently paralyzed on it's right would be a more accurate description.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 21, 2010
6:45 pm Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

"Air[head] America, the left-leaning radio network started with personalities including now-Sen. Al Franken and [missy ] Raishell Maddcoww – now of ms-NBC– has crashed and burned, announcing a bankruptcy filing and plans to pull its own plug by Monday. [Maybe assisted suicide is not always a bad thing.]

In 2006 it pursued a Chapter 11 filing and was sold to new investors several months later for $4.25 million.

[For some perspective ponder the fact that Rush Limbaugh recently signed a multiyear contract for over 100 million dollars.]

One year prior to its bankruptcy, Air[head] America

HAD NO MEASUREABLE AUDIENCE

in the nation's capital, according to the Arbitron rating service.
----------------------------------------------------

Even obamanomics, bail outs and stimlulatin could not revive this Humpty Dumpty with two left feet.

People do vote with their wallet. Sounds like there were not enough people buying what the progressive/liberals on Airhead America were selling to fill a phone booth.

Don't you just love it when the free market works to identify and eliminate the failures.

If evolution is such a grand concept, then why do liberal/progressives resist it so when it condemns their sacred jackass.

yor bro ken