Pro-abort group EMILY's List takes heat for Coakley loss

by Carder

Aftershocks abound from the Scott Brown victory in MA last week. Not to be excluded are EMILY'S List operatives. From The Daily Caller, January 23:

EMILY's List, one of many progressive activist groups recovering from Tuesday's coup.. in MA... has left some Democrats questioning the group's coordination with candidates and its narrow focus on pro-choice women.

EMILY's List Coakley.png[JLS note: Ad on right is from 1 of 3 emails EMILY's List sent to its list to raise $ for Coakley: December 8 and January 9 and 11.]

Just one week before the election, EMILY's List spent $25k on negative ads bolstering Democratic rival Martha Coakley.... It used its 100k-member mailing list to appeal to its supporters, but some say the effort was too little, too late....

"I think EMILY's List has done a terrific job of promoting liberal, Democratic candidates," said Democratic strategist Dick Morris. "But I do feel that they emphasize liberalism over feminism. They are really a pro-choice pressure group, not an organization designed to help women to get elected."

Still, Ellen Malcolm shows no sign of backing down....

EMILY's List president Malcolm said in a statement after the race that the group had been ineffective at reaching independents, the key voting bloc in Tuesday's race.

"Polling showed that independents had a favorable view of Coakley, yet Brown had a significant advantage in support among those voters," Malcolm said. "This same shift among independents was a factor behind recent Democratic losses in VA and NJ."

Malcom, who is stepping down later this year, said EMILY's List is returning to the drawing board.

"EMILY's List is conducting a thorough analysis of the race to help us understand how to better help our women candidates running this November," she said. "However, one message already is crystal clear: November promises to be a tough election and Democrats must work together to win."

It'll be tougher still if pro-aborts can't sell Independents on paying for abortion in healthcare, which they can't.

But in the end Rule #1 is: Never put down a candidate's truck!

Comments:

shouldn't that be Dick Morris former Dem strategist. I know you took it straight from their story but Dick Morris used to be a Clinton adviser but is no longer a strategist for the Dems. He switched sides.

Posted by: Maria at January 25, 2010 4:17 PM

Rule #2 is: Never have Barack Obama campaign for you.

Posted by: Cranky Catholic at January 25, 2010 4:24 PM

Let's hope Coakley doesn't need a Catholic emergency room for awhile.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 25, 2010 4:25 PM

Let's hope Coakley doesn't need a Catholic emergency room for awhile.

Posted by: Elizabeth at January 25, 2010 4:36 PM

Oh, snap. You mean that the Catholics will do something bad to Coakley. Lessee - Holy Father will bash her in the head while chanting a "De Deum." How very "pro-life" - how very - uh - sanctified. Is that what you mean cuz if you don't you really need to splain.

Posted by: Artemis at January 25, 2010 5:42 PM

Artemis, you needz to back up.

Posted by: bmmg39 at January 25, 2010 5:48 PM

"Let's hope Coakley doesn't need a Catholic emergency room for awhile."

What does that mean?

Posted by: Artemis at January 25, 2010 5:50 PM

It was a good night when Brown won! Obama's health care plan is full of wholes, you could drive a truck through it. And his pupit The Speaker, just wants to push it through? political suciside!

Posted by: RJ Sandefur at January 25, 2010 5:57 PM

Artemis,

Before you make yourself sound any more foolish, you should know the Catholic comment was in reference to Coakley saying on radio that she opposed conscience protection for health care workers and then added in a question about Catholics in particular "you can have religious freedom but you probably shouldn't work in an emergency room".

The issue concerned the dispensing of the morning after pill to rape victims and that this may violate the conscience of a health care worker. This could easily be remedied by asking another co worker to do so and if it is a Catholic hospital, simply allowing the client to pick up her pill or have someone do it for her from any nearby pharmacy.
Now before you go ballistic about the patient having to go to the pharmacy or send someone for her, keep in mind that patients must often go to the pharmacy after an ER visit, or have someone go for them, to pick up needed medication. When I worked ER we routinely advised patients and or family members where needed non prescription or prescription items could be picked up.

Posted by: Mary at January 25, 2010 6:46 PM

I believe, Artemis, that it's an attempt at humor. I seriously doubt that anyone's suggesting a Catholic hospital's E.R. staff should let Coakley drop dead.

Posted by: bmmg39 at January 25, 2010 9:27 PM

Posted by: bmmg39 at January 25, 2010 9:27 PM

"I seriously doubt that anyone's suggesting a Catholic hospital's E.R. staff should let Coakley drop dead."

----------------------------------------------------

bmmg39,

I don't know. Let me ponder about that one for bit.

If I passed ms Coakley lying on the ground and turning blue I would give have to give some serious consideration before I employed the Heimlich manueuver or administered CPR.

Risk/benefit analysis and all that. Might want to do a calculation and see if she had enough productive years left to warrant saving her life.

missy Coakley should experience all the realities of the 'hellth scare' she advocates.

I believe that would be a great opprotunity for an effective 'teachable moment' for all the advocates of B.O.'s hellth scare.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 25, 2010 10:53 PM

arttheeinmist,

I was half joking. I would only wait til missy Coakley was 'mostly dead' before I took action.

[See 'Prince's Bride']

A near death experience might do her some good. Her miserable life passing before her eyes might make her want to reconsider some of the choices she has made and some of the things she has said.

Staring death in the face can give one a new perspective.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 25, 2010 11:00 PM

"I believe Coakley should receive the same level of health care that she and her fellow progressive/liberals extend to premature infants born alive after a failed attempt on their lives by an abortionist."

Stuff her in a biohazard bag in a closet?

Posted by: ycw at January 26, 2010 7:12 AM

Posted by: ycw at January 26, 2010 7:12 AM

"Stuff her in a biohazard bag in a closet?"

-------------------------------------------------------
ycw,

When you put it that way it does like a 'cold and thoughtless' thing to do to a fellow human being.

Maybe just for a few minutes so Marsha/martha/margaret could experiences the victims perspective. It might provide her with some much needed perspective.

Words are one thing. Enduring what you are advocating is another. It tends to temper your thinking processes just a bit.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at January 26, 2010 7:44 AM

She isn't fully human until she's a viable candidate. Even then I believe the electorate should be the one to decide whether she should live. After all, is life as a lame duck worth it?

In all seriousness, yes, I would see that she got medical care if she needed it. Martha Coakley, after all, is made in the image of the living God.

But sometimes I wonder--if the angel of the Lord took me to LeRoy Carhart's bedroom in the middle of the night, and told me how many children he planned to kill tomorrow, and put a gun in my hand...

Well, at that point I don't know if either option would let me sleep at night.

Posted by: ycw at January 26, 2010 8:45 AM

ycw,

I suggest you drink some pure spring water and go for a long walk.

The diversion will do you some good.

There is injustice in the world 24/7/365 days a year.

Over 100,000 people just died in Haiti. Most of those could have been prevented. Many who died subsequently from disease can be prevented as well, but there is little you can do personally to aleviate that suffering.

The LORD bless and keep you and make the light of HIS countenance shine upon you and grant you peace that surpasses your ability to understand and may HE shower you with an ever increasing abundance of HIS amazing grace.

yor bro ken