March for Life is also the March against Abortion in Healthcare

Stop the Abortion Mandate is issuing unique March for Life marching orders this year: Bring signs opposing abortion in healthcare - and then keep on marching after reaching the Supreme Court to your congressperson and senator's office to tell them you oppose abortion in healthcare.

I love it.

Here's a video about the added March for Life plans...

STAM has sample signs and more instructions, such as Twitter hashtags to use the day of the March. Those with cell phones need to take full advantage of Facebook and Twitter during the March.

Comments:

Let's hear who is going to the March in DC and who is going to a local March! I'll be at the March in Trenton, NJ, but I wish I could be in DC! :)

Posted by: Peg at January 18, 2010 2:06 PM

I'll be there in D.C. for the March for Life on Friday, January 22, and in San Francisco for the Walk for Life West Coast on Saturday, January 23.

NO Abortion in Health Care!

David Bereit
National Director
40 Days for Life

Posted by: David Bereit at January 18, 2010 2:30 PM

Are there lodgings (am I dating myself?) still available in the DC area? Suggestions? Thanks.

Posted by: Janet at January 18, 2010 2:48 PM

Well, never mind. :) After some research, it seems that finding Pro-life groups with transportation and accommodations are probably the best way to get to DC.....

Posted by: Janet at January 18, 2010 4:56 PM

I will attend the March For Life in DC on January 22. I would love to go to the Walk For Life in San Francisco on January 23, but I doubt it.

Posted by: Joe at January 18, 2010 5:33 PM

This year I will have to do the Virtual March for Life.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at January 18, 2010 6:58 PM

For the second time ever (and second year in a row), I'll be at the March in D.C. I'm so excited!

I'm going the day before, so I'll also be attending the Prolife Vigil Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, and the Blogs4Life conference on Friday morning. See you there, Jill!

Posted by: Lori Pieper at January 18, 2010 7:33 PM

God bless all of you prolifers who will be at the March for Life. I wish I could be there with you but cannot. Hopefully I can make it next year. Have a safe trip. I am praying for this to be the largest March for Life ever.

Posted by: Prolifer L at January 18, 2010 10:29 PM

I've never been to the D.C. March but I try to watch it on EWTN.

I will most likely be at the local Walk for Life here in Lincoln on January 30th. Unfortunately, my brother in law, due to a back injury, won't be able to go, so this means my 10 year old niece won't be able to go either (last year was her first time).

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at January 18, 2010 10:40 PM

Prayer to End Abortion
Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

Also, please sign the Manhattan Declaration: A Call of Christian Conscience at: http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/the-declaration

Posted by: Gregory Benedict at January 19, 2010 1:24 PM

I plan to be marching and praying against abortion in Atlanta, GA on January 22nd. My heart will be with all the Pro-Life marches and especially Washington D.C.

May God bless all the pro-life Marches and movement in every way.

Persevere in the good fight.

All Glory to God!!!

Posted by: Patty Palmquist at January 21, 2010 9:47 AM

What I find questionable is what will happen if abortion is made illegal, and someone who does not believe in these tenants asks for one. What will she be told? The scientific community is divided over what stage life begins at, and even HOW we define life. Consciousness? DNA and genetic codes being put into place? And on that note, since God is omnipotent, all miscarriages are in effect abortions performed by God.

Posted by: Nicole at January 22, 2010 10:21 PM

Hi Nicole.

"What I find questionable is what will happen if abortion is made illegal, and someone who does not believe in these tenants asks for one. What will she be told?"

She will be told "no" because abortion is illegal because it unjustly kills an innocent human being.

"The scientific community is divided over what stage life begins at, and even HOW we define life."

This is certainly not true. I just posted a huge plethora of scientific quotes from texts saying that a human being begins his/her existence at the moment of conception. I would be happy to repost them if you wish.

"Consciousness?"

This is a personhood theory, which admits to the humanity of the unborn but says that a human being must possess some attribute or quality to be considered a person. Ultimately you will find that personhood theories do not stand up to scrutiny. The reason I can not kill you is not because you are conscious, but because you are a human being. It has nothing to do with you being self-aware in a certain manner, but in light of what you are.

"DNA and genetic codes being put into place?"

Not really, though this is a good necessary condition. Once you start talking about sentience, consciousness, viability, etc. you are going BEYOND what science is telling us and imposing a philosophical point of view. Science says that we all began life as a zygote, so without any argument that says why science isn't good enough in this case, I see no reason why one should hold to a personhood theory.

"And on that note, since God is omnipotent, all miscarriages are in effect abortions performed by God."

I'm not really sure what God has to do with this question. As liberals love pointing out, we have a separation of church and state here in America, so trying to bring God into the question of abortion goes against the wishes of the founding fathers... or something like that. Anyway, everyone dies eventually, so all deaths are in effect murders by God. This is extremely sloppy theology. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here about God and abortions, but I'd be happy to address it if you'd expound on it a bit more.

Posted by: Bobby Bambino Author Profile Page at January 23, 2010 8:35 AM