March for Life events

Tune in here at 8:30a EST to watch the Blogs for Life conference, which I'll be emceeing. Great line-up of speakers. Get the embed code to watch it on your own site here.

You can Twitter questions to #blogs4life....

EWTN will be broadcasting DC's March for Life live from 12p to 4p EST.

Jill avatar.jpgIf you can't make it to the DC March, sign up to attend the Virtual March, sponsored by Americans United for Life. You'll even get your own avatar. AUL made a special one for me, which I think is way cool.

Also don't forget Stop the Abortion Mandate is encouraging marchers to make this the March against Abortion in Healthcare as well. Plan to visit your congresspersons after finishing the March.

Finally, use these Twitter hashtags: #jan22 #march4life #prolife #teaparty #healthcare

Comments:

Hi Jill, thanks for this post - great to be able to watch the conference! your avatar is very cool. I'm sad to see the audience is so small but wanted to let you know that I'm watching here in NZ, and I'm sure many others are watching throughout the World. Wish I was there though.

Posted by: Andy Moore at January 22, 2010 8:05 AM

Praying for all of you today! Be bold, be strong for the Lord our God is with you!!

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at January 22, 2010 8:26 AM

very interestingly my computer will not allow me to connect to the virtual march for life website

my IS provider simply will not connect me.

Isn't that a tad interesting?

Even if I by pass the security.

Posted by: angel at January 22, 2010 9:17 AM

Jill -

I so appreciate your giving voice to the prolife position.

As a prolife advocate, I must confess, I find it easy to say, "don't abort." But, am I also willing to walk alongside the teenager who makes the courageous decision to deliver? The movie "Precious" reminds us of the multi-generational poverty cycle that starts with this teen mom.

For any hope to break the generational cycle of poverty and dependence, mothers need support, but this is rarely the topic or focus of prolife discussions.

Because mothers are the first educators of children, an uneducated and unskilled mother will pass on the same to her child. Fortunately, a little-known charity called Teen Mother Choices has been addressing this challenge for the past 20 years. Teen Mother Choices provides comprehensive mentoring, weekly gatherings, and support/care to teen moms. The results in northern Illinois since its 1989 start: More than 450 independent and educated moms with the life skills to create stable (sometimes two-parent) families, live independent of government assistance, and raise children to replicate that full, productive life.

Teen Mother Choices International, www.tmcint.org, the international licensing arm of Teen Mother Choices, just announced its national launch in 2010 to reach 3,000 churches and community organizations in 50 states. The first licensee trainee from Kaufman, Texas signed on in December 2009. SEE: http://bit.ly/BreakPovertyCycle and http://bit.ly/Care4PreciousTeenMoms . Forty local organizations in 14 states have already incorporated the process; The 501(c)(3) Christian charity's plan to mobilize churches, organizations and individuals would have 300,000 teens touched by the model by 2015—over half of the teen moms in the U.S.! Just $500,000 in funds is needed for the initial launch in 2010. These monies will facilitate strategic client support and expansion of training materials and web delivery capabilities.

It’s not necessary for someone to hold a pro-life viewpoint to take action. ANYONE can take a stand for these precious teen moms by getting involved with Teen Mother Choices - through prayers, volunteer time, sponsoring a local service arm through a local church, contributing time and resources: www.tmcint.org

Could it be possible that our investment in the lives of teen moms (and reversal of the multi-generational poverty cycle) will allow even our adversaries to see the value of life – life that would otherwise be sentenced to repeat a vicious poverty cycle?

My personal belief is that, until we are willing to put our beliefs into actions that start to reverse this poverty cycle, we will be hard-pressed to gain support from those with opposing viewpoints.

What do you think?

Posted by: Mary Conley Eggert at January 22, 2010 9:21 AM

Hey Jill I'll watch you on the World Over 90 minute special Life Forum tonight on EWTN. I'll record it, too.

Posted by: LizFromNebraska at January 22, 2010 10:46 AM

Mary Conley Eggert,

I agree. We need to end this poverty cycle. All people are equal and it's time that we acknowledged this and, more than that, lived with this. I'm so glad that you care so much about young mothers. I'm with you. :)

And to those involved with the March,

I hope that everything goes splendidly (well, it's a protest march, so, I mean, it's intially a dismal thing to be protesting- "splendid" and abortion don't belong together, but whatever) and that, when you walk alongside one another, you get an idea of the scope of humanity and each person's life, the world through her eyes. Good luck to you all and hopefully this March will help raise awareness on the issue.

Posted by: Vannah at January 22, 2010 11:45 AM

Awesome to see unity as we can win this battle if we stay united. Saying a prayer for you all .. keep up the good work.

Posted by: After Abortion at January 22, 2010 4:03 PM

Watched the march for life on EWTN, even tough I'm not catholic, they're the only station thats covers the march every year, and they said thir were no proabortion people protesting this year! The Pigs must be scared? RJ

Posted by: RJ Sandefur at January 22, 2010 4:25 PM

The following piece comes from Mr. Anh "Joseph" Cao's speech in Congress on January 21 or 22. He has been, ignominiously, the only Republican to vote for the Democrats' "health care" bill. However, he was also one of five Congressmen to announce the 2010 March for Life. See "U.S. Congressmen Decry Abortion on Anniversary of Roe v. Wade" (an online Lifesite article for January 22). The video recording reported that "[t]he House has completed its Legislative Business for the day and is now proceeding with Special Orders."

Mr. Speaker, I just came back from South-east Asia on a [unclear] to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Japan. While I was in Cambodia, I had
the opportunity to visit the Killing Fields in Cambodia, and while visiting the Killing Fields, they showed us a tree where the followers of Pol Pot would hang and would slam innocent little children on the trees. The Pol Pot regime killed approximately 1.6 million of its people between 1976 and (if I remember correctly) 1980, and the world screamed in outrage at the death of 1.6 million people. The Holocaust killed 6 million, and we continue to scream in outrage at the 6 million Jews who were killed during World War 2 by the Nazis' regime in this Holocaust. From 1973 to the present, in the United States alone, we have murdered over 40 million children. Just imagine that. If we scream in outrage at the innocent children that were slammed at home on the tree in the Killing Fields, yet after 40 million children killed in this country we still hold a policy that allows for the legal killing of innocent children--if that is not a skewed sense of ethics, I don't know what is.

Posted by: Jon at January 22, 2010 9:39 PM

Unfortunately I cannot in good conscience attend our local March for Life here in Denver. I participated in this rally for over 20 years. Now it is organized by a group of people who got themselves in a position to take over Colorado Right to Life. They also operate under the name of American Right to Life and Personhood Colorado.

They have become so divisive and caused so much damage to the pro-life movement here in Colorado by doing publicity stunts such as: publicaly attacking James Dobson, Focus on the Family and Sarah Palin and many, many other pro-life leaders and groups. I refuse to be associated with them as they may choose next week to attack someone else. What a waste to bludgeon people on our side over differences in opinion about strategy. But I suppose it gets their name the news, which is apparently more important than saving babies.

Posted by: Just a Mom at January 22, 2010 10:53 PM

To "Just a Mom'

You say it's divisive to attack pro-life leaders and groups. Then you attack Colorado Right to Life.

Dr. Dobson, once said he would never again vote for a politician, who was willing to kill ONE innocent baby. He made this pledge, invoking the name of God. Years later, he admits to breaking this pledge, by voting for John McCain.

Yet, in the welcoming center at Focus on the Family, a video of his famous (and God-honoring) pledge is still played. Those who love Dr. Dobson, should be willing to come up along side him, and point out his hypocrisy.

Was Nathan wrong to rebuke King David?

Sarah Palin told Katie Couric that States should decide the issue of abortion. "Just a Mom', do you agree that States should have the right to violate God's command, Do Not Kill the Innocent? Don't you love Sarah enough to tell her she's wrong?

In Christ

Posted by: MBallentine at January 26, 2010 2:36 AM

Dobson is no anointed king and ARTL is no prophet of God. A little humility would suit you all fine.

Posted by: adam at January 27, 2010 8:41 AM