By Bethany Kerr:
I realize most of the commenters who replied last night are very young, and therefore are going to be childish at times. (Sometimes I am childish myself, I agree).
However, what happened last night does kind of prove what we've been saying all along...that pro-abortion supporters despise free speech.
I realize I am using a generalization, so here is my disclaimer: I do realize there are those of you that are fair in debate, so please know that I am not speaking about you when I write this. (example:PIP can be very fair and courteous in debate). For those who are kind enough to participate in fair debate, thank you.
Hisman's article, which was posted last night, was an "opinion" article, expressing HIS opinion about abortion, and why abortion is wrong from a faith standpoint. He expressed clearly in the beginning of the post that it was going to be from his faith's perspective, and he did not at any time express otherwise.
The attacks started early last night, and continued until this morning, when I disabled further comments from coming. I was in disbelief that there were actually over 600 comments attacking him for his beliefs!
Where is the tolerance and love the pro-choice side supposedly promotes towards faiths and religions of all kinds? I didn't see ANY tolerance last night or this morning when I read the comments again. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about, although if you want a better idea, you can go back and read the comments in the article Hisman posted:
- Most people reading this blog have to wonder if you are the most qualified person to judge what is rational and what is not, HisMan
- If abortion is murder, you are a cranberry.
- This one directed at momof3: MOM: please spare us the dumb crap g** argument you use then...
- Hey Daughter of His Man!!!
- ohhh what happened to Jesus' bo (His Man)??
- For a second there, I thought Jesus' bo was transgender... then His Daughter... whew!!
His Dauther (sic),
Have you asked your father if your a an in-vitro left over... adopted for the purposes of being a pro-life poster baby? Seriously... your pa's got some zeal, and you should consider...
- well everyone going into pp is a murdering whore...i mean they are using pp which sometimes provides abortion, so they are condoning it by going there...
OH NO! I am a murdering whore...
- Listen, HisMan, we get it that you have issues with people who believe differently from you. I think you need to grow up now, though. It's childish and petty.
I doubt your daughter is a warrior. I think she is brainwashed to believe what you think.
Your sons will probably never find a strong woman who would love them. If they are anything like you a strong woman would see that they are simply trying to control her, they would leave him,
Hope your sons have fun with their meek and mild wives and I hope your daughter has fun with the guy who will control her life. Thats what she is used to with you right?
- As the daughter of a religious leader, I have learned at his feet what the proper way to teach a child is and what the wrong and abusive way to teach a child is. Brainwashing is wrong, immoral, abusive, disgusting, harmful, destructive, and on and on. I hope you're proud of yourself.
- LOL... OH ya? My daddy's bigger than yours... I guess even your righteousness has limits...
... assault and battery has likely been on your mind long before I knew you had a daughter.
- Why do you believe in Jesus? Because Daddy told you to and that if you didn't, you would go to Hell, or because you have gone on a life-long spiritual journey examining the gospel and the history, learning as much as you could about it, before settling on your beliefs?
I highly doubt it's the latter. Your anger at the suggestion supports my doubt.
And I find it laughable that you think you can tell me, "I haven't been brainwashed." How are you supposed to know if you've been brainwashed or not? That's the most abusive part of it. You don't even know you're being abused. I feel very sorry for you.
- Congratulations, HisMan. You are an abusive father.
- If I were HisMan, I wouldn't let my daughter even use the computer. Too many Satanic influences for her to get caught up in on the big scary internet.
- HisMan, I also think you are probably an abusive father, not physically but emotionally and mentally.
- I have to wonder why HisMan hates women so much.
Just the fact that he needs to write a list of her accomplishments shows that even he doesn't think he's as strong as he's claiming she is. I could list my accomplishments, but I don't need to prove anything to anyone. He feels like he has something to prove. It's so amusing.
He would make her have it, no matter what kind of emotional stress he put his daughter under. Under all his caring pretenses he honestly doesnt care about anyone but himself and his personal beliefs.
- HisMan is a delusional, cult-brainwashed dupe. And so are his kids.
- HisMan, if you can choose to be gay, please try it.
- She [hisman's daughter]will most likely end up with a man that beats and forces himself on her. She is being raised to believe that the man is always right and you must obey him at all times. I feel so bad for her.
- I have never in my life been so disgusted by another human being. The sheer ignorance and uneducated mind it takes to make such a statement as you did hisman is obviously just as ignorant and uneducated in life.
- See, HisMan, we know how to love those who have opposing views from our own (sic). You should try it one day.
- He has to be playing his ignorance up cuz this is on the net or something...
- You, HisMan, are guilty of being one of the most blasphemous men I have ever encountered. You are only a man. You do not speak for God.
- I think you fancy yourself Jesus Christ. That's very sad.
The list goes on and on but I think this is enough to give you the idea.
If these people really think Hisman is crazy, then why are they so threatened by him that they have to resort to all these types of replies instead of just ignoring him?
I don't even believe they were trying to reason with him. They were attempting to silence him. As they were STILL arguing at 5:40 in the morning when I awoke. As soon as I saw this, I disabled comments for that topic. It was getting beyond ridiculous.
If you don't agree with Hisman's words this much, and you obviously can see you're not getting anywhere by arguing with him, why not let it go? He is not forcing you to believe what he says. If you weren't threatened by what he said, then why stay up all night, why not just leave it with a few comments, then leave..... There were at least 12-15 of you insulting and ganging up on one person who is alone? Is that really fair debate?