Missed this, from Human Events, August 31:
1. "I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking." ~ President Obama at an August 6 at a rally in VA
3. "What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have 2 days and 2 lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?" ~ Rep. John Conyers (MI) at the National Press Club, July 24...
4. "These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views - but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American." ~ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (MD), writing in USA Today, August 10
5. "The last time I had to confront something like this was when I voted for the civil rights bill and my opponent voted against it. At that time, we had a lot of Ku Klux Klan folks and white supremacists and folks in white sheets and other things running around causing trouble." ~ Rep. John Dingell (MI), on MSNBC
6. "What we're seeing right now is close to Brown Shirt tactics." ~ Rep. Brian Baird, (WA) told a local newspaper
7. "The last time I saw well-dressed people doing this, was when Al Gore asked me to go down to FL when they were recounting the ballots, and I was confronted with the same type of people." ~ Sen. Barbara Boxer (CA)
8. "I hope people will take a jaundiced eye to what is clearly the Astroturf nature of so-called grassroots lobbying... the Astroturf nature of grassroots lobbying, which is largely the term for, you know, this is manufactured anger." ~ White House spokesman Robert Gibbs
9. "Republicans and their allied groups - desperate after losing two consecutive elections and every major policy fight on Capitol Hill - are inciting angry mobs of a small number of rabid right-wing extremists funded by K Street lobbyists to disrupt thoughtful discussions about the future of healthcare in America taking place in congressional districts across the country." -- Democratic National Committee communications director Brad Woodhouse
10 (tie). "These are nothing more than destructive efforts to interrupt a debate that we should have, and are having. They are doing this because they don't have any better idea.... It's really simple: They're taking their cues from talk-show hosts, Internet rumor-mongerers and insurance rackets." ~ Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (NV)
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute." -- Sen. Arlen Specter (PA), responding to a town hall participant
My favorite is #10, Specter. What's yours?
Most def #10!!! lolPosted by: Cat Wilke at September 8, 2009 9:41 AM
oh dear! How to choose?
not surprised that Nancy Pelosi has two of them and that Obama considers the anger towards healthcare reform "manufactured".
I think I actually like Brad Woodhouse's comment because he sums up the Obama attitude very well.
rabid, inciting, extremists, desperate -> disrupting "thoughtful" discussions. yeah, right!Posted by: angel at September 8, 2009 9:58 AM
"Republicans and their allied groups - desperate after losing two consecutive elections and every major policy fight on Capitol Hill - are inciting angry mobs of a small number of rabid right-wing extremists funded by K Street lobbyists to disrupt thoughtful discussions about the future of healthcare in America taking place in congressional districts across the country." -- Democratic National Committee communications director Brad Woodhouse
So dissent is ok when a Republican is in the White House, but it's an "angry mob" and "right wing extremists" when a socialist is in the White House.
Dissent was encouraged before and during the Iraq war. And speaking of Iraq.... where are those anti-war protestors now? Cindy Sheehan protested outside the multi million dollar mansion at Martha's Vineyard when Nobama was there. Where was the news media? Now that their hero is in office they want her to go away.
At least Cindy is consistent.Posted by: Joanne at September 8, 2009 8:34 PM
Swastikas Madame Pelosi? What is so ironic is that the left is either blissfully ignorant or chooses to overlook the fact that Hitler and his NAZIs were one of them.
NAZI was an acronym for National SOCIALISM. That's right, SOCIALISM. He advocated the very thing the American Left does today. The NAZI gov't in Germany controlled industry, banking, and yes health care, as is done in socialist countries today and is now being attempted by the socialist Obama and his lapdogs in the congress and senate.
Oh yes, Hitler was a mass murderer. The American Left overlooks the fact that their icons, Mao and Stalin, made Hitler look like a rank amateur when it came to mass murder. The leftist icons also had their "labor camps" where people of various races, religions, ethnicities, and political beliefs were sent to, well die hopefully, and did, by the millions. They just weren't as blatant about it as the Nazis were.
Oh and Mr.Dingell, are you by any chance referring to Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, former klansman and klan recruiter who filibustered civil and voting rights legislation along with his Democrat colleagues? Are you aware the KKK was founded as the terrorist arm of YOUR beloved Democrat Party?Posted by: Mary at September 9, 2009 8:45 AM