Quote of the Day 3-31-10

Calling ourselves an Abortion gang means that we are committed to destigmatizing not only abortion care work but also reproductive justice activism. We are dedicated to showing that young men and women care about our bodies, health, and rights. We won't take anti-choice bull**** no matter how many different ways they spew it.

..I hope that you'll let us challenge you and that you'll respect us enough to do the same..

~ Steph, founder of IAmDrTiller.com, blogging at The Abortion Gang, March 31

Comments:

LOL

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at March 31, 2010 10:17 AM

Oh look - circular logic!!!
Somehow the idea that respect must be earned is beyond comprehension for some.

Posted by: Chris Arsenault Author Profile Page at March 31, 2010 10:20 AM

Keyword: Gang

Posted by: Praxedes at March 31, 2010 10:39 AM

Ok, so start demystifying.... Tell us exactly what happens in an abortion procedure... Please.

Posted by: Peg at March 31, 2010 11:19 AM

Ok..let me get this straight...they're for the killing of innocent unborn and they want to be respected???

Am I missing something here or are THEY missing something important?

Posted by: RSD at March 31, 2010 11:45 AM

abortion gangrene

Posted by: Jon at March 31, 2010 11:50 AM

Yeah, I am toying with the idea of going there to "challenge" them. I have tried that before and gotten completely blasted with their spewing. Not that I mind that. :) So much for respecting my views that there is nothing respectful about abortion.

Posted by: carla Author Profile Page at March 31, 2010 11:53 AM

Wonder if they're going to destigmatize abortion care work like Angie did with her live tweeting?

I've got a few questions for them:

- When did you get your 'rights'?
- Were your rights granted by the government?
- Are your rights attached to your body or your person?

- What's anti-choice? (Why are you afraid to use the term anti-abortion? )

- If you are willing to use force (shredding violent abortion) against an innocent human being then what reasons could you provide others you wouldn't be willing to use force against them?

Posted by: Chris Arsenault Author Profile Page at March 31, 2010 12:24 PM

Reproductive 'justice'-translation: I hate that I can get pregnant, I'll get even by killing 'it.' How many will it take before they feel 'equal'? Since when do we need surgery to be equal to men Abortion thugs is more like it. LMAO at the way they always try to portray life in America as though they were revolutionaries in some third world country. Theyve got their legal baby murder, now financed by the government, yet they are still shrieking for more. The religion of ME. Funny how they never quite get around to defining how killing the unborn is pleasing to God, or where in the Bible He commands us to do so, isnt it? Guess they skipped the hundreds of verses about the shedding of innocent blood. Cafeteria Christians. Also laughable that they continually claim to care about women but can't quite manage to want better for women than abortion. Their continual putdowns of other women show what they really care about-number one and noone or nothing else. Radical feminism is a crock.

Posted by: Jill Guidry at March 31, 2010 2:54 PM

There's nothing wrong with the term "anti-choice: Chris. We're anti-choice-to-kill!

Posted by: Phillymiss at March 31, 2010 3:52 PM

Steph,

What is reproductive justice, and who first coined the term?

Has the baby committed a grave crime against a woman that must be punished? I'm not getting the whole concept.

Posted by: Janet at March 31, 2010 4:17 PM

I remember when they first started talking about that crap on twitter. "cuz borshun is egee an cool, rite gaiz? LOLOLOLOL. We r 2 cool nao!" Just another hugbox/denial aid for them. I wonder why they seem to need so many...

Posted by: xalisae at March 31, 2010 8:10 PM

Posted by: Chris Arsenault at March 31, 2010 10:20 AM

Oh look - circular logic!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Chris,

I don't think it is circular logic unless it is like a puppy chasing his own tail.

Their line of reasoning does not really 'circle'.

It comes to a sudden stop like hitting a brick wall.

I believe 'dead end' would be more accurate.

yor bro ken

Posted by: kbhvac at March 31, 2010 11:10 PM

"Gang" as in criminal gang.

If you want the best (or worst) bull**** ever, listen to any of the "arguments" of the abortionists.

By the way, how can they believe in "rights" when they believe our entire lifespans can be taken from us, we therefore do not have a right to live our lives and therefore cannot have any "rights" at all?

Posted by: Joe at April 1, 2010 6:43 AM

Since the poster calls herself "I am Dr. Tiller" I think it's appropriate to note that Roeder was given his sentence today. Life in prision.

My cousin was murdered in Kansas the same week as Dr. Tiller. His murderer got 7 years.

Posted by: Lauren at April 1, 2010 7:29 AM

"We are dedicated to showing that young men and women care about our bodies, health, and rights. We won't take anti-choice bull****"

There are several scientifically proved reasons why this statement is incorrect to say the least:

*Caring about one's body is one thing, abortion does exactly the opposite, it's a medical precedure, very often a surgery with no medical reason whatsoever. Just like if you went to a doctor and just "by choice" decided you want your kidney or appendix removed. Just cause you don't want them."A medical procedure is supposed to help the body to do what it is trying to do, but is having trouble doing. Abortion is just the opposite: it stops the body from doing what it is supposed to do and is doing very well." (Fr. Frank Pavone).

* Caring for one's health is a weak argument as well, as it's been long proven that abortion doesn't improve one's health, it increases the risk of breast cancer, can lead to future infertility and miscarriages and maternal deaths in the future. Also is a strong factor in mental health problems - depression, substance abuse and so on.

* Correct about the rights though - you have a right to do away with your body and damage your health all you want, no doubt about it. But don't rights go only as far as not to interfere with other's rights? In this case, how about the little girl's or little boy's right to be born and live? Why pro-aborts shout so loudly about their rights and don't consider that they have ALL been BORN, they were given the right to life, when in fact their parents might have decided they have a "right" to kill them... If they don't appreciate that and consider that they themselves weren't human in their mothers wombs, they only became human on their birth day, I have nothing else to add.

* Anti-choice? Don't make me laugh! I am very and very PRO-CHOICE!!!! I choose LIFE! And if death of the innocent babies and damaged health of the mothers is their only "choice".... It's not good enough. I only wish that all the so called pro-choice reproductive "health" centres would actually give a real CHOICE for women with crisis pregnancies: choice for help with the baby, choice for adoption, choice to make an informed decision regarding gestation and development of the baby and possible side effects of abortion, and if the woman would still make a choice of abortion, so be it, at least she'd have a real choice.

Posted by: Vita at April 1, 2010 8:06 AM