Like my previous post, "Stanek's 10 most read posts in 2009," I've never checked this out before either.
Thanks once again to moderator Chris for figuring out how to find these stats.
FYI, comments to all the posts linked below are closed due to an automatic comment shut-off software feature that activates after several days to keep spammers at bay. All these posts were written in 2009.
If you read the comments you'll see they often end up way off topic. It may not be the post itself that triggers reader response. Rather it may be readers themselves who trigger extended conversations, particularly on #1...
10. "Uh-oh, Ogden," February 10; 279 comments
9. "Olbermann names Stanek 'Worst Person in the World!,'" posted June 4; 312 comments
8. "Pedophile protecting Planned Parenthood caught again," posted March 18; 324 comments
7. "Sunday funnies," posted February 22; 339 comments
6. TIE: "Yaz jazz," posted February 12; 356 comments; "Abortion chain owner's family died in MT cemetery plane crash - near Tomb of the Unborn," posted March 24; 356 comments
5. "Provocative, disturbing new pro-life ad," posted March 20; 405 comments
4. "Jivin J's Life Links 12-7-09," posted December 7; 453 comments
3. "Sunday funnies," posted March 8; 592 comments
2. "Pro-aborts to protest pregnancy care centers," February 26; 594 comments
1. "Stanek: 1 month vacation announcement," January 5; 2,362 comments!
Happy New Year everyone. May 2010 be the year that you realize how much God loves you and wants to be your friend.Posted by: Phil Schembri is Hisman at January 1, 2010 12:05 AM
Thanks Phil! Happy New Year to you and yours as well!
It's going to be exciting seeing what God's going to do!Posted by: Ed at January 1, 2010 12:14 AM
Wait a second.
What about that one post, back when MK was still on board, that generated over 4,000 comments?
Can you look that up, Chris?
I believe the topic went off on the Catholic vs. Protestant track.Posted by: carder at January 1, 2010 1:26 AM
Ok, never mind. This was for 2009.
Duh.Posted by: carder at January 1, 2010 1:29 AM
I had a post in April '07 that was a barn burner too!
Oh well.Posted by: Phil Schembri is Hisman at January 1, 2010 1:39 AM
Oliver's comments on the #4 post are quite amazing.
But Megan's comments are simply the most illogical pieces of junk I've ever seen posted here.
Is there an award for the commenter most unable to reason their way out of a paper bag?
Random firing of synapses, I'm thinking.....Posted by: angel at January 1, 2010 8:47 AM
Megan's comments on post #4 are some of the saddest, most depraved thoughts I have ever read in comboxes. Truly, I feel so sorry for her. They border on sociopathic.Posted by: Nerina at January 1, 2010 5:37 PM
Nerina and angel, I totally agree with you about the comments in #4. I read through a lot of those comments to see the arguments from ardent pro-choicers. I tried to keep an open mind. I am an even stronger pro-lifer now! :) Gerard's comments were pretty awesome IMO.Posted by: segamon at January 1, 2010 10:25 PM
The sad thing is, that's becoming the "normal" frame of thought. I'm scared for our futures, really.Posted by: xalisae at January 1, 2010 11:04 PM