by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- Pro-Life Action League says now, more than ever, we need to use the images of abortion victims in pro-life outreach:
Our opponents want the average person to think of abortion not just as something to be tolerated, but as something good. Needless to say, they definitely don’t want people to think about the unborn babies who are victimized by abortion. Indeed, they don’t want people to think abortion has any victims in the first place.Which is precisely why we must continue to show the pictures of abortion victims in the public square, for nothing elicits sympathy like pictures of the victims of injustice.
- New Wave Feminists shares several tips on sidewalk counseling from Sidewalk Advocates for Life. Among them are, “Be a person, not a protestor,” and “project your voice; don’t yell.”
- Real Choice has a list of Texas abortion “clinics” with their health violations in light of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to allow certain facilities to remain open:
On two occasions, the owner of a car dealership next door to [Douglas] Karpen’s clinic had to call authorities to report that the clinic sewer had backed up, spilling recognizable fetal parts onto his lot.The mainstream media, who evidently consider “journalism” to consist of getting a talking points sheet from abortion-rights groups, have failed to report on the conditions at any of the closed clinics, but have instead just uncritically and unquestioningly parrot[ed] the words of those organizations.
Who would benefit if abortion-rights advocates successfully block state crackdowns on abortion clinics? Who would benefit if abortion clinics aren’t held to the same standards as other outpatient surgical facilities? Who would benefit if Wendy Davis had her way?
It wouldn’t be the women walking into those abortion clinics.
- At Priests for Life, Janet Morana gives her take on gay marriage advocate David Fleischer’s latest scheme to try and change minds on abortion.
- Saynsumthn’s Blog says the mainstream media is either missing or ignoring the real Texas abortion story while they focus on what the courts will or will not do with Texas abortion clinics:
While the appeal process continues the media is in an all-out frenzy to interview abortion clinic workers for a response. What the news media is intentionally censoring however is that a dark and unreported underbelly of the abortion industry is emerging after a Texas pro-life organization released a report which documents how the abortion industry is used to cover child rape.The news media is so consumed with an abortion agenda that they have put on blinders and refuse to report the abuses that abortion clinics and specifically clinics in Texas are involved in.
- Survivors has a heartwarming story of Brandi Swindell (pictured right), a young woman on who founded Stanton Healthcare on a mission to replace Planned Parenthood:
Today, Stanton Healthcare owns a state-of-the-art clinic located next door to a Planned Parenthood in Boise, Idaho, and sees as many as 19 clients a day. They have a 38 foot mobile clinic that reaches out with compassion and love to under-served women in Idaho and refugee communities. Stanton has $1,000,000 in assets with no debt and of course all their services are free.They just bought a piece of property next to a Planned Parenthood mega abortion clinic in Meridian, Idaho, and plan to build a women’s clinic that will serve as a national model for the pro-life community. This amazing facility will have computer labs for the girls, classrooms, a baby boutique and wellness center. Brandi has also launched an affiliate program which is opening Stanton clinics all across America and around the world.
- Protect Women and Children NM reveals where late-term abortionist Curtis Boyd’s money is going this election:
Seven New Mexico [Democrat] politicians have taken significant campaign contributions from Dallas late-term abortionist Curtis Boyd. Boyd, a Dallas resident, operates the nation’s largest late-term abortion facility located in downtown Albuquerque, Southwestern Women’s Options.
- Pro-Life in TN is cross-posted at Live Action News regarding the battle over Amendment 1 in Tennessee, which seeks to return the Legislature’s ability to pass common sense abortion laws. TN is a red state with a pro-life majority in the General Assembly, but sadly, years ago, one ruling by the state Supreme Court struck down the Legislature’s ability to pass even informed consent laws. A great deal of false and misleading information about the proposed amendment is being disseminated by Planned Parenthood and other members of the abortion industry. Watch this video to see what Amendment 1 is all about: