by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- Right to Life of Michigan says Michigan abortionist Alberto Hodari, who is now retired and no longer licensed, “unlawfully left thousands of patient files unattended at [his] former abortion clinic in Flint.”
- Pro-Life NZ believes New Zealand’s population decline can be attributed to the country’s legalized abortion rate:
New Zealand is experiencing a demographic decline, which is a real problem confronting governments in Asia, Russia and Europe; an aging population and too few babies born to support them in the future.
- Wesley J. Smith recalls the agonizing death of Terri Schindler Schiavo ten years ago. Terri was not in the process of dying naturally when her nutrition and hydration were removed, and Smith takes issue with those who try to say her death was peaceful, not painful.
- At Stand True, Bryan Kemper also recalls Terri Schiavo’s death and the wide range of people affected by her plight:
I talked to many of the behind-the-scenes media people who were obviously shaken by this tragedy. I saw people from all different walks of life and political and religious backgrounds taking a stand. There were many non-Christian people there in support of Terri, and dozens of handicapped people from a group called Not Dead Yet. I even spent time in prayer with the Rev. Jesse Jackson as he came to help the family and speak out for Terri. I never in a million years would have believed that I would sit in a room praying with Randall Terry, Jesse Jackson and Sean Hannity.
- Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life reports that a bill is once again being introduced to prohibit taxpayer-funded abortions. After a similar bill passed in 2011, it was vetoed by Governor Mark Dayton:
After 18 years of taxpayer-funded abortions, Minnesotans have funded more than 69,000 abortions at a cost of $21.5 million, according to a just-released report from the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). Taxpayer-funded abortions numbered almost 3,400 in Minnesota in 2013; nearly all of those abortions were elective….
Polls continue to show that most Minnesotans and most Americans are opposed to taxpayer funded abortions, yet they continue to be forced to pay for them.
- ProLifeBlogs links to Operation Rescue’s report on an ambulance call – the second one this year – to Family Planning Associates in Bakersfield, California.
- Secular Pro-Life continues their series on abortion clinic websites, this time exposing The Downtown Women’s Center in Portland, Oregon, which appears to claim abortion is so safe that there has not been a single death from this procedure since it was legalized in 1973:
Not a single death from abortion since it was legalized in 1973? That’s demonstrably false. Setting aside the deaths of the preborn, twelve women died from legal abortions in the U.S. in 2008 alone, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
Perhaps Downtown Women’s Center’s ambiguous statement only meant to claim that there has never been a death due to legal abortion in Oregon. It didn’t take long for me to find one: Loretta Morton, a 16-year-old who died of an abortion-related pulmonary embolism in 1984. Although I’m unable to access her death certificate, she apparently died in Multnomah County, Oregon (which includes Portland). Several years later, her death was mentioned in a scholarly article in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
[Photos via people.com, lifenews.com]