by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- At Women’s Rights Without Frontiers, Reggie Littlejohn shares a WND article which questions the supposed “easing” of China’s One-Child Policy:
“The core of the problem is not whether the government is allowing one child or two children,” Reggie Littlejohn… told WND on Wednesday.
“The government is still telling how many children people can have and is enforcing that limit with coerced abortions,” she said. “And it’s not clear to me that there are fewer abortions. Women and babies still are dying.”
Littlejohn pointed out China still requires a birth permit for the first child and for the second child.
“Without a permit, there still are forced abortions, unless you’re rich enough to buy your way out,” she said.
- Congratulations to Secular Pro-Life, whose “baby” – AbortionSafety.com – is graduating to the next level, thanks to the help of Online for Life:
We’ve found that it’s just not realistic to expect SPL’s volunteers to stay on top of the constant reports of malfeasance and negligence at abortion centers. Online for Life, with a full-time staff, is in a better position to keep the site up-to-date. It also has a much larger advertising budget, enabling it to reach more people in need. And although Online for Life was founded by Christians, it has experience with secular projects (such as the awesome Faces of Pro-Life) and has made a commitment to maintain AbortionSafety.com’s secular character as well.
- Saynsumthn’s Blog says the First Presbyterian Church in New Orleans recently welcomed Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, hosting a “Stand with Women” rally at their church, “in support of a new abortion facility in the Crescent City.”
- Pro-Life in TN posts video of testimony from a Knoxville based abortionist, Dr. Susan Dodd, who took the time to come to Nashville to testify against a bill requiring informed consent and a 48-hour waiting period for women considering abortion. In it she compares an abortion to getting a face lift or a colonoscopy.
- Pro-Life Action League says Planned Parenthood will honor Fay Clayton on April 15 – the woman who “along with her husband, Lowell Sachnoff, served as the lead attorney on the epic NOW v. Scheidler case,” which Clayton lost, after “dragging [the Scheidler] family through the federal court system for 20 years”:
Despite losing the biggest abortion case since Roe v. Wade, Clayton and Sachnoff are still the darlings of the pro-abortion movement, and next Wednesday they’re getting a big award: the Clayton-Sachnoff family will be honored at Planned Parenthood’s annual “Generations Celebration” at Chicago’s Navy Pier.
A protest is planned. See more information here.