by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- At A Drop in the Ocean, Laura slams California’s attack on pregnancy resource centers by comparing the bill – which would force pregnancy resource centers to tell women where to get abortions – to forcing a Jewish deli to tell customers where to buy pork:
Hello, and welcome to Shamash’s! Before you sit down to eat, we want you to know that New York has public programs that provide immediate free or low-cost access to comprehensive pork dishes (including all FDA-approved methods of smoked ham), pulled pork, and pork sausage, for eligible people. To determine whether you qualify, contact the county social food services office at 1-800-YAY-PORK.
- ProWomanProLife notes the work of organizations which are encouraging women to “ditch the Pill.” Natural family planning, once thought to be practiced mainly by Catholics, is gaining in popularity as we learn more about the detrimental effects of hormonal birth control.
- Secular Pro-Life (which has also just launched a new outreach called PreventPreterm.org – check it out), addresses the reasoning behind a New York court which decided that Choose Life license plates are too offensive to some people, so they should be disallowed:
Last week, a federal appellate court ruled that New York could ban Choose Life license plates because they are “patently offensive” — a legal term usually reserved for hard-core pornography. The ruling was met with instant derision from grassroots pro-lifers and legal scholars alike.
At the time, SPL simply condemned the decision with a tweet, which was widely retweeted and even made it onto Twitchy….
UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh wrote up the decision in the Washington Post. (You should read the whole thing.) He begins with the obvious point that it’s a First Amendment violation. But then he explains the Second Circuit’s reasoning, if you want to call it that, and it is truly incredible. The logic of the opinion requires the assumption that pro-choice New Yorkers are so violent, pro-lifers have to be censored for their own safety.
- A Voice for Hope shares this great graphic and quote from former Surgeon General Dr. C. Everett Koop (pictured right):
- As Father’s Day draws near, Priests for Life highlights a ministry to post-abortive men:
Healing the Shockwaves of Abortion was launched in January at the March for Life in Washington, D.C.….
Janet Morana and Georgette Forney, co-founders of Silent No More, noted that men can play many roles in an abortion decision. Some men coerce women into abortion; others had no knowledge until it was too late. Some are complicit in the decision and some are just silent.
“We know through our work with Silent No More that no matter what role a man played, he is often thrown off guard by his reaction to the abortion,” Mrs. Morana said. “Many feel they have failed as men by allowing, or insisting on, the destruction of their own child.”
“Men are often pushed to the margins of the abortion debate, but after the baby and the mother, fathers are the most directly impacted,” Mrs. Forney said. “We want them to know they are deserving of healing and we want to help them restore peace to their souls.
[Photos via pinterest.com and A Voice for Hope]