The police response is infuriating. Imagine if the tables were turned. I hope the victim sues the police. Excerpts from a press release by  The Thomas More Society:

The Thomas More Society, acting on behalf of 40 Days for Life, a national campaign that sponsors peaceable pro-life prayer vigils outside abortion provider sites worldwide, has filed a formal complaint with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Helena, Montana. TMS is calling for an immediate, intensive investigation of a vicious fire-bombing attack on a pro-lifer that occurred March 17  around 6:15 p.m. near the All Family Health Care abortion center in Kalispell, MT.

Karen Crierweiler, coordinator of the 40 Days prayer vigils in Kalispell, said a homemade incendiary device was thrown at one of the vigil participants, an elderly retired woman, by an assailant – as yet unidentified – as she walked on the public sidewalk near the abortion provider’s premises. The victim did not see the bomb thrower, nor did she see the bomb – akin to a “Molotov cocktail” – before it exploded on the sidewalk behind her, making a loud popping noise like a big firecracker as it burst into flame. Apparently the victim was unhurt.

The victim called the police. After a lengthy delay, a Kalispell police officer arrived. But instead of inspecting the bomb debris or calling evidence technicians to the scene, the officer remarked that police could never get prints or other evidence from the bomb’s remains, and that he would call the city’s garbage service to dispose of all the debris.

Then he said that the 40 Days prayer vigil participants should expect this kind of reaction if they’re out there protesting. Questioning Officer Hoover’s assessment of the attack, Ms. Crierweiler called the Kalispell desk sergeant to complain, where she was unable to get further assistance.

Tom Brejcha, president and chief counsel of the TMS, said, “… [T]he reaction of Kalispell police officers after Ms. Crierweiler called them to the scene was equally appalling, indeed outrageous. We intend to file disciplinary complaints against both the officer who came to the crime scene and the desk sergeant whose tepid, indifferent, and grossly unprofessional response to this blatant act of domestic terrorism shows them both unfit to wear a police uniform and at best deserving of severe disciplinary action. We expect much better from the FBI and we will pursue the matter to the very highest levels of the US Department of Justice if this case is not investigated promptly and vigorously and – once the assailant is identified and apprehended – prosecuted to the hilt,” Brejcha concluded.

Ms. Crierweiler also reported that an eyewitness has stepped forward, who was not part of the 40 Days campaign but rather a passerby, who saw the incident occur and who may be able to help the FBI track down the bomb thrower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...