We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Americans United for Life shares a press release detailing notable pro-life legislative successes this year.
- At ProWomanProLife, Andrea Mrozek discusses why she believes the Pill is still so popular despite it being “anti-feminist”:
I believe it is because it is very much promoted in med schools which look to pharmaceuticals for solutions. Doctors are schooled first, later wined and dined by pharmaceutical companies. They are not schooled or wined and dined by Creighton practitioners, for example.
- Wesley J. Smith says UK doctors who were caught performing eugenic sex-selection abortions will not be punished. According to The Telegraph, “The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) was accused of failing to uphold the law after it ruled that it would not be in the ‘public interest’ to prosecute the two doctors exposed in an undercover Daily Telegraph investigation.”
- Secular Pro-Life writes about abortion advocates’ “long-term strategy of taking abortion out of the moral realm entirely and treating it as a routine medical event.”
- Right to Life of Michigan reports on the closing of Feminine Health Care Clinic in Flint (pictured left), a facility once owned and operated by the notorious abortionist Alberto Hodari.
- Pro-life Action League reminds us that sometimes just faithfully being present can save a life:
This is an e-mail I received recently:
Hi, my name is Stacy and I wanted to thank your group for saving my baby. I went to that terrible facility [Planned Parenthood in Aurora, Illinois]… and the first thing I saw driving in was the pro-life advocates standing in the lawn at 7am.
I went in to the clinic, canceled my appointment, and walked out…. My little guy is 16 months old now and a blessing from God. Thank you!
… Nobody talked to her. Nobody waved signs at her. Pro-life people simply stood in witness to the fact that abortion is evil and that all human life is valuable. Their mere presence was enough to change a heart and save a life.
- Big Blue Wave quotes Virginia physician James C. Anderson, who notes what happens to women when abortionists don’t have admitting privileges at hospitals:
I have worked in local Emergency Rooms… for over thirty years. When women have come to the Emergency Room with complications related to an abortion, never once have I received a phone call initiated by the provider conveying information about the abortion, the young woman’s condition or potential complications…. This definitely created some time delays that were not in the patient’s best interest.
I have called many abortion clinic physicians but never once has the provider come to the Emergency Room to assume care. I have always had to call a staff physician. This then creates another delay…. These delays can have life-threatening implications when dealing with hemorrhage or infection.
The day came when the little girl was born, but she was no monster. The midwife described her as having “a sweet face and rosebud lips.” A hat was placed on her head to cover up the fact that the back of her head was missing. The girl lived for three days, and was held by her father as she died. The midwife continued to be a support to the family as they grieved the loss of their daughter.
Later, the midwife was reading Oxorn’s Human Labor and Birth and came across his monster definition. And she decided to challenge Dr. Oxorn on his use of descriptions….
The doctor responded with an apology, saying that he would change the description in his next edition. And he did.
[Photos via RTL MI, chesterfieldfp.com]