by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life notes the worldwide concern over premature birth, as it remains “the leading cause of all under-five deaths.” But there is failure to recognize the fingerprints of abortion in this problem:
A wealth of worldwide research has established that induced abortion substantially increases the risk of preterm birth in subsequent pregnancies. For example, a 2009 systematic review published in BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology found that a history of one induced abortion increased the risk of preterm birth by 36% and increased the risk of low birth weight by 35%.
The increased risks greatly escalated with additional abortions — to 93% and 72%, respectively. Another 2009 systematic review, in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine, concluded that abortion raised the risk of birth before 32 weeks’ gestation by 64%. A 2013 study in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada showed “a significant increase in the risk of preterm delivery in women with a history of previous induced abortion.”It is unfortunate that abortion is so entrenched in worldwide thinking that its connection to preterm birth is not widely publicized.
- American Life League’s Judie Brown expresses her thankfulness for the courage of some counter-cultural, pro-life Christians (pictured left).
- Americans United for Life says while the Obama Administration doubles down with their anti-life edicts, they will continue to fight:
Defending the First Amendment conscience rights of Americans, [AUL] filed two amicus curiae (friend-of-the-court) briefs today in the Fifth and Eighth Circuits challenging the Obama Administration’s anti-life edicts in Obamacare.
“Despite the U.S. Supreme Court’s clear directives favoring freedom of conscience in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, the Obama Administration has doubled down on its coercive, anti-life policies, refusing to respect the beliefs of those who do not wish to provide coverage of life-ending drugs and devices,” said Americans United for Life President and CEO Dr. Charmaine Yoest.
- Bound4Life reminds us that The Drop Box – the story of Pastor Lee Jong-Rak in Seoul, South Korea, and his baby rescue box – will be in theaters nationwide on March 3-5, 2015.
- A Culture of Life says the new employee benefit of egg freezing – currently being touted by industry leaders such as Facebook and Apple – is not a benefit to anyone.
- Big Blue Wave reports that in Canada beginning January 1, New Brunswick will eliminate current restrictions around abortion to improve access. Pro-lifers realize that erasing restrictions and providing abortion at taxpayer expense is really “open season on the unborn in New Brunswick.” They pledge to step their focus on pregnancy centers offering assistance to counter this normalization of abortion.
- The Canadian Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform has a different take on the new regulations going into effect in New Brunswick:
This was an almost purely symbolic victory for abortion activists, who did not get what they were actually seeking. There is no reason for pro-lifers to believe that these decisions will change things in any substantial practical way. This is, however, reason for pro-lifers to work extraordinarily hard to engage themselves in the political process and start ensuring that Brian Gallant/Harvey Dent (seriously, Google it) is a one-term premier [pictured right].
- One reason why Fletcher Armstrong and the Genocide Awareness Project bring their pro-life message to college campuses is because young women of college age are those who most frequently choose abortion when faced with unplanned pregnancies. Armstrong shares one encounter with a former Planned Parenthood intern:
Jane kept reminding her, “Abortion kills a human being.” She hated that.“It is not a human. What if it is not wanted?” (As if being “wanted” makes one human.)
“You can’t ask the mom to work at McDonald’s so she can have a kid and go to college; that is too demeaning.” (As if hard work is “demeaning.”)….
Her most astounding statement was this: “Women have evolved and our bodies are not designed to carry and deliver these babies anymore. They are too big for our small pelvic bones.”
Lemme get this straight. PP’s buddies on the Left say it took millions of years for the human body to “evolve.” Now, in only two generations, the female reproductive system has further “evolved” into something dysfunctional? Why? Because of evolutionary pressures? From what? Radical feminism? Has PP become that ridiculous?
Believing lies has consequences.
She began to cry uncontrollably and kept saying abortion does not kill babies. Jane now knew she was post-abortive. She was seeing, for the first time, the monstrous lies she had told herself and others. She was horrified.
It was horrifying to us, also. We were too late to save her oldest child(ren), but we pray the truth will save her younger ones.