by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
- American Life League’s Judie Brown reminds us of the “web of deception” that was used to market the birth control pill to millions of women in the 1960’s, and the toll it is taking today:
Today there are millions of unsuspecting women who have ingested chemicals that they think are harmless, not only to their health, but to the possible life of their preborn children. Current medical literature bears witness to the truth that the pill is not safe for any woman, let alone her baby if she conceives. Think about these news stories:Time magazine: “Birth Control Pill Risks May Now Include Brain Cancer”
The list goes on, but we are pretty sure you get the picture.
- Bound4Life says pro-abortion bills are being passed and signed under the radar in Washington, D.C., which “could force all employers in the nation’s capital to cover abortion-on-demand in health plans, including pro-life groups and religious schools.” D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (pictured far left) signed the bill, while outgoing mayor Vincent Gray (pictured far right) had refused to sign it, citing “serious constitutional concerns.”
- Abstinence Clearinghouse says the National Center on Sexual Exploitation has a new 2015 Dirty Dozen list. Which organizations are on it?
This list highlights each of the top offenders and explains how they are currently contributing to sexual exploitation. Following the explanations is a list of actions that the public can take to persuade these companies to change their policies and practices. Among other, the list for 2015 includes… the book Fifty Shades of Grey for its glamorization of sexual violence.
- Culture Campaign points to a new review that shows, contrary to previous “morally indefensible” claims, that Plan B does indeed cause abortions.
- Live Action News also weighs in on the emergency contraceptives as abortifacients debate:
“Many doctors and researchers,” the authors elaborate, “claim that it has either no – or at most – an extremely small chance of working via abortion.” But “the latest scientific and medical evidence now demonstrates that levonorgestrel emergency contraception theoretically works via abortion quite often.”
- For those who couldn’t make it to the March for Life, Fr. Frank Pavone has posted his sermon from the National Prayer Service:
[Bowser/Gray photo by Adam Fagen via Flickr]