by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Fox News has a piece on President Obama’s favorability decline among Catholics and women – a likely backfiring of the “war on women” rhetoric and attacks on religious freedom:
The Obama administration no doubt knew it would lose some support with Catholics in the mandate. But they surely did not anticipate the strong and unified voice with which Catholic leaders, in particular bishops, responded even after the administration offered a compromise widely rejected as an accounting gimmick….
As for whether the government should single out birth control to be mandated and cost-free when so many other drugs are not, again a clear majority of women — sixty-three percent — say “no.” After all, is your mother’s blood pressure medication or your child’s asthma medicine free by federal decree?
- Abstinence Clearinghouse links to an article which suggests that “the rise of those who exploit children sexually can be attributed to the lack of prosecution of perpetrators,” which rests on the shoulders of Obama’s Justice Department “for not taking any child pornography cases since Obama’s inauguration in 2009.”
- Fletcher Armstrong and a group from the Maryland Center for Bio-Ethical Reform educated Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure participants in Philadelphia with pictures on the breast cancer/abortion link, since Komen has decided to again support Planned Parenthood. Participants had three opportunities to view the pictures showing the links.
- Abolitionist Society of OK posts an essay on the pro-choice arguments regarding bodily sovereignty and the question of when human life begins.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition reports on the potentially misleading wording of a pro-assisted suicide ballot measure introduced in Massachusetts.
- Live Action shares the story of a divorced mother of three who experienced an unplanned pregnancy. Though she feared the unknown, she chose life and now views her son, Adam, as one of her greatest blessings in life.
- Kansans for Life updates readers with the news that two abortion clinics will have to pay more than $220k in attorney’s fees after abortion lawyers overbilled for services in an attempt to bilk Kansas taxpayers.
- MN Citizens Concerned for Life discusses some disconcerting information and risks that organ donors should know:
[I]n 1968, a group of doctors established an entirely new definition of death: the loss of “personhood.” This subjective, philosophical determination of “brain death” is now the standard which enables physicians to declare a person to be dead, and then keep the “beating-heart cadaver” warm, pink and breathing until transplant procedures can be performed.
Dr. Michael DeVita of the University of Pittsburgh’s Medical Center describes this new category of humanity as only “pretty dead.”