Stanek to attend George/Kmiec debate tomorrow tonight

george kmiec glendon.jpgThanks to Professors Michael New and Robert George, I received clearance last week to attend a debate tomorrow from 5p to 6:30p EST at the National Press Club in DC between George and Catholic Obama apologist Doug Kmiec. I flew in yesterday.
Entitled, “The Obama Administration and the Sanctity of Human Life: Is There a Common Ground on Life Issues? What is the Right Response by ‘Pro-Life” Citizens?”, the debate is an outcome of an online debate at US News & World Report.
The debate will be moderated by Professor Mary Ann Glendon, of Harvard Law School.
You’ll recall Glendon declined Notre Dame’s Laetare Medal upon ND’s decision to honor Obama, as well.
The event is being hosted by the Catholic University of America, which will videotape the event and make it available for viewing immediately after the debate.
EWTN will also tape the debate for a later broadcast.
I’m told there will be Internet access, so I plan to live-blog from the event. I also plan to Twitter/Facebook the goings on, which will become Plan A through my phone if I can’t get online.
So if you’re not following me yet, please do. I’m registered as JillStanek at Twitter and Jill Stanek at Facebook.

25 thoughts on “Stanek to attend George/Kmiec debate tomorrow tonight”

Chris Arsenault says:

Awesome – this should be quite informative.

Carol Marie says:

I’m glad you have twitter, I’m looking forward to getting updates from the debate tomorrow. Also, do you know if the recording (either audio or video) will be available (especially if it can be found on-line) ?

HisMan says:

Jill:
    Remember this, if 5,000 two year olds were being murdered every day you wouldn’t be attending a debate you would be attending a War Seminar.

Jasper says:

I wouldn’t waste my time with that low life loser Doug Kmiec. The guy is a creep, it’s not worth your time Jill.

angel says:

I’m so jealous Jill! Wish I were there.
    Should be pretty easy for George to debate Kmiec. I’ve read a few of their exchanges on the internet. Robert George is miles ahead. I’m hoping that Kmiec will actually learn something.
    Pray for George that the Holy Spirit uses him to “enlighten” Kmiec.

Jasper says:

The debate is over, there is no debate. We won the debate, pro-lifers won, pro-lifers are correct. Murder is wrong.

HisMan says:

The movie Corpus Christi is due to be released this June to August.
    This disgusting film set to appear in America later this year and it depicts Jesus and his disciples as homosexuals! As a play, this has already been in theaters for a while. It’s called Corpus Christi ‘ which means ‘The Christ Body .’ It’s a revolting mockery of our Lord. But, we can make a difference. Perhaps we may be able to prevent this film from showing in America and South Africa …. Apparently, some regions in Europe have already banned the film.
    As a Christian I want to take a stand in what I believe in and stop the mockery of Jesus Christ our Savior.
    Please help us prevent such offenses against our Lord. Remember, Jesus said ‘Deny Me on earth and I’ll deny you before my Father’.

angel says:

Posted by: Jasper at May 27, 2009 6:38 PM
    yes I agree in some ways Jasper.
    But the truth must still be proclaimed until everyone believes and accepts it.

Janet says:

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments today on the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court:
    SOTOMAYOR’S CATHOLICISM

10. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Fed Up says:

do you know if the recording (either audio or video) will be available (especially if it can be found on-line) ? Posted by: Carol Marie at May 27, 2009 5:44 PM
    Carol Marie, looks like it’ll be carried live on C-SPAN 2.

11. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Jack & Charmaine says:

Jill, we hope to see you there!
    Jack (and Charmaine)

12. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    carder says:

I eagerly await the official floor-wiping that Kmiec will be subjected to in full view of the EWTN audience.
    The big I-told-you-so.

13. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Hal says:

Posted by: HisMan at May 27, 2009 5:46 PM
    you seem to be advocating tough action, old friend. Tread lightly.

14. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Jill Stanek says:

Jack and Charmaine, that’s great! I’ll look for you.

15. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    heather says:

I have a prayer request for a friend of mine and her grandson. He was diagnosed with childhood lupus! The family is very upset. Please pray for the Hrudka and Guzzi family.

16. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Bobby Bambino says:

So if it is legal, then it is moral. Am I understanding you correctly there, FTFY?

17. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Kel says:

Also, FTFY (friend, checkplease, really pro-choice, professor, caspar, remember), choose an actual moniker and stick with it from now on, or your comments will continue to be deleted. Thanks.

18. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    HisMan says:

Janet:
    Ouch…..Thanks for the heads up. The e-mail I got did hit one of my HOT buttons.
    I don’t think we can be vigilant enough on this stuff, however, I’ll remember in the future to check things out more thoroughly.
    Fixed:
    Uh, I think you misquoted Jasper.

19. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Carla says:

Heather,
    I will pray.

20. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Elisabeth says:

I’ll pray, Heather. Lupus is no fun. The good news is that we have a lot of research and information on ways to treat the effects… unfortunately it still requires trial and error to determine what works for any individual child.
    Please keep us posted.

21. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    LizFromNebraska says:

I’ll pray, too, Heather. A friend of mine from grade school was diagnosed with Lupus in 8th or 9th grade and its definitely no fun!

22. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    heather says:

Elisabeth, Carla, and Liz, thank you all for your kind prayers!

23. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    jillstanek.com says:

CUA debate between George/Kmiec

UPDATE, 5/29, 5:30a: CSPAN is currently featuring video of yesterday’s “discussion” between Profs. Robert George and Doug Kmiec about Obama, Catholics, and the Life issue. The Catholic University of America states the video can be viewed on its site, b…

24. Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/jills/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/subscribe-to-comments.php on line 590
    Be John Galt says:

In Defense of Life: Open Your Mouth For The Mute

So the mother of King Lemuel taught him.  Today Robert George is continuing to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
    Jill Stanek is live blogging and twittering a debate today between Robert George and Doug Kmiec from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m….

Comments are closed.