by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Suzy B says many members of Congress were busy tweeting their support for life during the March for Life. Are your representatives included?
- Secular ProLife had a busy March for Life week and was noticed several times in news publications. With an eye-catching banner like theirs, how could they not be?
- Wesley J. Smith points out that pro-choicers are beginning to finally admit the humanity of the preborn – and also admitting that they just don’t care. As Salon writer Mary Elizabeth Williams stated, “I would put the life of a mother over the life of a fetus every single time — even if I still need to acknowledge my conviction that the fetus is indeed a life. A life worth sacrificing.” Will “A life worth sacrificing” become the new bumper sticker slogan replacing “My body my choice”?
- ProWomanProLife applauds AUL’s Dr. Charmaine Yoest’s statements last week at the National Press Club, including:
The abortion lobby today is a little like the old Soviet bloc, that looked invincible right up to the very day it collapsed under the weight of its own stagnation…. The old guard of the Kremlin were on the wrong side of history, the wrong side of science and the truth in very much the same way that Big Abortion is today.
- Moral Outcry shares biographer Eric Metaxas’ tweet about Nazi-era pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s thoughts (click to enlarge, right) on abortion – 70 years ago.
- New Feminism has photos of the West Coast Walk for Life 2013. The pro-life crowd seems to be young, smiling and vibrant, while the pro-choicers are older, very angry, and anti-religious, with inaccurate and shrill messaging. One of the pro-choice chants and banners was “Fetuses are Not Babies, Women are Not Incubators.” NF notes, “This was an interesting shift away from ‘Keep your rosaries off my ovaries’ and ‘My body, my choice’ chants from prior years.”
- Reflections of a Paralytic recommends a very informative article (in case you missed it here) on the often “misunderstood history of abortion law in the United States.”
- Stand for Life shares an excellent video from TooManyAborted.com, which encourages each of us, individually, to do something to stop the horror of abortion: