by JivinJ, host of the blog, JivinJehoshaphat
- UK abortion clinics aren’t used to large protests:
The spokeswoman, who requested anonymity because she said she had received hate mail, said the protests were bigger than many other anti-abortion protests.
“We’ve always had sporadic outbursts down the years, but I think we are seeing something, seeing protest on a scale we haven’t seen before,” she said.
- The office of Governor Rick Perry responds to the Obama Administration announcement that the federal government will defund the Woman’s Health Program because Planned Parenthood wouldn’t get any of its funding:
The fact that the Obama Administration would announce its decision to deny care for more than 100,000 low income women during a press event before giving official notice to the state is a clear demonstration of the political motivation behind this decision. This tactic is an affront to the more than 100,000 women served by this program. We await official word from the Administration on this matter and in the meantime, at Gov. Perry’s direction, the state continues to move forward to ensure low-income women will not lose access to this preventative care. Gov. Perry will continue to fight this egregious federal overreach and defend life, our state’s laws and the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution….
• There are more than 2,500 qualified providers in the WHP that operate more than 4,600 locations across the state.
• Planned Parenthood represents less than two percent of providers in the WHP.
• Planned Parenthood’s cost per client is 43 percent higher than most other providers, according to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- Sometimes, I wonder if abortion clinic workers at the Abortioneers blog ever notice how ridiculous they sound:
So, here is my struggle… I want factory farms to be exposed for their cruelty (not only to animals, but also workers) more than anyone. I know deep down that undercover investigations in factory farms are NOT the same as anti-woman creeps like Lila Rose (and yes I feel bad giving any of her sites web traffic, but google her if you must). The footage and audio that people like Lila Rose obtain from abortion clinics is manipulated and taken out of context and at the end of the day just a downright lie. When it comes to undercover footage from factory farms there is little manipulation going on. I have seen enough of that footage to know that animal cruelty is commonplace in factory farms and no amount of photoshopping or editing can create the horrors I have seen.
Manipulated? Taken out of context? Downright lie? Umm… do you mean the full, uncut tapes?
Do these abortion clinic workers really believe the uncut videos are downright lies or does their overwhelming preference for pro-abortion policies and their hate for pro-life organizations prevent them from doing any actual research?
- Spanish doctors announced they carried out the world’s first lung surgery on a preborn child in 2010:
During the 30-minute procedure performed in late 2010, doctors introduced an endoscopy through the fetus’ mouth to repair the defected bronchi.
“It is an extremely delicate operation since it is carried out near the heart on tissues as thin as cigarette paper. But without this fetal therapy, the baby would not have survived,” [director of maternal-fetal medicine] Dr. [Eduard] Gratacos told reporters.
The baby named Alaitz was born at eight months and is in very good health condition 16 months after birth, said the doctors who unveiled their landmark work on Tuesday.
[Photo via brittanica.com]