by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Women’s Rights Without Frontiers marked the UN’s International Day of the Girl Child yesterday with the start of their “Save A Girl” campaign to end gendercide in China. WRWF gives “monthly stipends for a year to mothers who are at risk of aborting or abandoning their baby girls. This money helps the mother resist pressure to abort or abandon their baby girls” and also gives to “help support women who are pregnant without a birth permit and are hiding or running to escape forced abortions.”
Pro-woman, pro-life. Abortion does not help women. Real support does.
- ProWomanProLife points out the insane political correctness in Canada, where being pro-life (and teaching that abortion is wrong) supposedly violates anti-bullying laws because some view it as “misogyny.” (Funny how Canada can’t seem to find any misogyny in sex-selective abortions.)
- ProLife NZ disagrees with a NZ Herald article which asserts that having a child centered marriage is a threat to marital happiness:
We all know that mums and dads need regular time alone together to nurture their relationship, but to suggest that parents who devote themselves to loving their children above and beyond the call of duty are engaging in one of the “greatest threats” to their marriage is just selfish nonsense….
This is the very attitude which underpins so much abortion in this country – many people now believe that they shouldn’t have to be responsible for the very children that their sexual choices have brought into existence, or that children are a threat to their personal happiness.
All the talk of bodily autonomy and “freedom of choice” is really little more than an attempt to get around the fact that… everyone wants to be sexually liberated, but no one wants to be sexually responsible.
- Michael New analyzes last night’s Vice Presidential debate responses to the question of abortion:
Now, some pro-lifers will doubtless be disappointed that [GOP candidate Paul] Ryan specifically carved out exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother. However, Ryan’s position is consistent with the stances of Republican presidential candidates since 1980. Though pro-lifers have made some impressive gains in the court of public opinion — most people still think abortion should be a legal option in hard-case scenarios.
All in all, Ryan stated the pro-life position in a very humane way that was clear, compelling, and convincing.
- National Pro Life Radio posts the story of Pamela, a mother who was advised by two doctors to abort after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After rejecting this advice, her son Thomas was born prematurely with a brain bleed. Doctors again advised her to allow him to die. Instead, Pamela authorized a life saving shunt… but as days went by, Thomas’ prognosis improved, and surgery was not needed.
- Reflections of a Paralytic posts a video tribute to baby Ethan, whose mother was told at 18 weeks that her pregnancy was “incompatible with life.” This family also proved the experts wrong: