by Susie Allen, host of the blog, Pro-Life in TN, and Kelli
A parting note from Susie:
I have co-authored the Blog Buzz (formerly called Proliferations) for five years. Time flies when you are having fun. I can think of no better movement to dedicate your life to than protecting the sanctity of all human life. Congratulations to Jill as she starts on a new venture in a new season of her life. I have learned so much from contributing to this blog and hope the readers will look for ways they too can take a stand for life in their own sphere of influence. As Jill did not seek the spotlight years ago, she did not shrink from the cause when it came to her. Look what she has done! We all have a sphere of influence and a talent. How exciting to see what we can do when we use our God-given talents. You may surprise yourself. Join the cause and press on.
- Pro-Life Action League’s vigilance found that National Health Care, an abortion facility in Peoria, Illinois, has been sold to Whole Woman’s Health, a Texas abortion chain:
In a letter sent to the IDPH on May 27, NHC administrator Margaret Van Duyn says, referring to Whole Woman’s, “They provide the same quality of care that we do” — which is to say, the same low-quality care. Take, for example, the Whole Woman’s abortion facility in Austin, from which three (3) women were transported by ambulance during a one-month period in 2012. What’s more, as documented by our friends at AbortionDocs.org, the Whole Woman’s Austin and McAllen facilities were also fined a total of $40,000 in 2011 for illegal disposal of the remains of aborted children, as well as private medical records.
- ProLifeBlogs shares a post from Lake County Right to Life regarding the newest venture of Women on Waves, an abortion advocacy group specializing in bringing abortion to women in countries where it is banned. Their latest plan: Using a drone to drop abortion pills in Poland. No doctor visit, not even a webcam consultation. Just RU-486 from the sky, cross your fingers, and hope that nothing goes wrong when taking chemical abortifacients without medical supervision. The pills are supposed to be suitable only for pregnancies up to nine weeks. What could possibly go wrong?
- Saynsumthn’s Blog meticulously documents the heavy involvement of eugenics proponent Jonathan Gruber in the crafting of Obamacare – despite the fact that so many in the Obama Administration acted as if they’d barely heard of him. He pocketed $400k for his consultations with the administration. What is significant is that Gruber, as part of his eugenic views, supports abortion as a means to achieve his goal of saving welfare money by eliminating more children of color. Perhaps #BlackLivesMatter to this administration only when it’s politically expedient?
- Wesley J. Smith believes that there is a media effort underway “to make suicide more palatable and normalized – at least for some categories of people.” The new AP Stylebook used by journalists recommends avoidance of the term “committed suicide” unless a direct authority is being quoted. Why? Smith opines:
My theory – call it Smith on media bias – is that advocates convinced AP that using the word “committed” – even though accurate, as it means to intentionally perform an act – implied a negative judgment about that act. And that conflicts with the drive to make at least some suicides more palatable generally – or to put it the other way around – that not all suicides are bad or wrong. In short, this is a political act – not the first by AP in this regard, heck, not even the second – and it won’t be the last.
- Americans United for Life has just released a must-read, comprehensive report showing how Planned Parenthood has built a lucrative business model from ending human lives – and we, the taxpayers, are helping them to do so with our tax dollars. “The New Leviathan” details how the billion-dollar abortion profiteer has increased its profits and market share, even as fewer U.S. women seek abortions:
Unlike the national trend observed by the Associated Press last week, the Centers for Disease Control, and everywhere else that abortions are on the decline, at Planned Parenthood abortion sales are up – meanwhile its overall patients and other services are down. This is as a result of a move to create abortion mega-centers to mass-produce abortions at an even deadlier rate.
[Photos via CNN.com (from Women on Waves); Americans United for Life]